The Best Bar In Pattaya

Jockstar

Ok. Firstly i'm going to Pattaya in March 26th to play football and i'll be staying the night. The missus will be with me. So not interested in the GO Go bars. I haerd Daves Blues bar is good. I want to see some bands and have a few beers. There will be many of us. Though i asume that a few will visist the GO Go bars. But not everyone. So what would you reccommend for a good night out, Without the hassles of BGs? Cheers.

Ok. Firstly i'm going to Pattaya in March 26th to play football and i'll be staying the night. The missus will be with me. So not interested in the GO Go bars. I haerd Daves Blues bar is good. I want to see some bands and have a few beers. There will be many of us. Though i asume that a few will visist the GO Go bars. But not everyone. So what would you reccommend for a good night out, Without the hassles of BGs? Cheers.

I live in the area Jockstar and have asked a similar question before.

See the answers here.

Hope you have a good time. :o

I live in the area Jockstar and have asked a similar question before.

See the answers here.

Hope you have a good time. :o

Thanks Jai Dee. I think that the Blues bar is gonna be hit. Before or after that who knows?

A few options

Khun Johns- Mabprachan-Thai & Falang food- live music ? nice sunsets over the lake

Balcony restaurant- North Pattaya ? nice ambience great food

Captains table- Between Pattaya South & Jomtien- buffet BBQ and live music

Irish Pub crawl- Shenanigans, Jamesons & Killkennys

Moon River pub with live music

Little Hill resort- romantic meal

Hotels have music and bars although a bit on the pricey side.

Just a few places you can go with the other half without any grief. later on in the evening I have no idea, as I'm usually tucked up in bed!

The Blues Bar is great. No BG hassles, good music (starting at 9 pm ?).

As for Go-Go bars, I've seen a number of couples checking out different go-gos (vicarious thrills I suppose). Polo puts on good shows, nothing too raunchy. :D

Last time I was in there I was surrounded (not by choice) by a crowd of female Chinese tourists, though they were there with their tour group and probably wouldn't have gone otherwise.

The Bamboo Bar and Sharky's are possibilites as well. Never had a problem with BGs in either place. The crowd in the Bamboo tends to be on the older side. Sharky's also serves food. :D

The Blue Chili (on 3rd Road) is has mostly Thai customers, but the bands play mostly western (pop tunes) (the last 6 or 7 times I was there), and they serve food as well. :o

I don't know how you can categorise any bar as the BEST bar in Pattaya as there are so many different styles:-

Beer Bars, Go-Go's, Music bar's, Thai Bar's, Open Air Bar's, A/C bars, gay bar's, Bar / Diners, Irish Bar's, Sports Bar's, Short Time Bar's, etc, etc.

:D:o:D:D:D:D:D

I don't know how you can categorise any bar as the BEST bar in Pattaya as there are so many different styles:-

Beer Bars, Go-Go's, Music bar's, Thai Bar's, Open Air Bar's, A/C bars, gay bar's, Bar / Diners, Irish Bar's, Sports Bar's, Short Time Bar's, etc, etc.

:D  :o  :D  :D  :D  :D  :D

Ok. I'll rephrase it. Whats the best bar for music and good clientel? Reasonably priced booze. NO Go go bars! If that helps? Also im 31 not some old geezer. Still think the Blues bar is the one. But where to go before? When does the blues bar close?

Ok. I'll rephrase it. Whats the best bar for music and good clientel? Reasonably priced booze. NO Go go bars! If that helps? Also im 31 not some old geezer. Still think the Blues bar is the one. But where to go before? When does the blues bar close?

The Blues Factory opens at 8PM and closes at 2AM (maybe 1AM now... not sure). Doesn't really get going until after 10PM.

I can recommend the Blue Chilli Pub on 3rd road for good modern music (Thai and Falung), good Thai food, and a 99.9% Thai clientele.

No probs for me but maybe for others.

As people have said before, music in the early evening does not really happen. You will probably be happy sticking to the beer bars on walking street, Soi 7 & 8, Soi 2 , etc. but wherever you go your wife will always be aware of what is going on around her but its not in your face like a go-go bar.

• 2 weeks later...

Cheers john. Fair enough. But i reckon iy will be the blues bar later. But another question is. WHen is davethiland gonna offer us some free beer? Come on Dave. I'll be down there next weekend. Any freebies?

Cheers john. Fair enough. But i reckon iy will be the blues bar later. But another question is. WHen is davethiland gonna offer us some free beer? Come on Dave. I'll be down there next weekend. Any freebies?

The first one's definately on me :o

I'll hold you to that Dave. I'll come say hello for sure. What time do the bands start?

Not far from Blues Factory in the Beach Road you will find a good place to start : Check out a fanzy thai restaurant name Saloon Pizza close to the Buddha tre and then bring your girlfriend to Linda bar for a nice and quiet time whit good tunes. They got some tall and beautiful Chick`s there serving you. Then hit the Blues Factory. If you still feel like going after BF have closed go for it in Jenny bar downstairs Peppermint/Marine.. Tell your girfriend to dress in red !!!! :D

try the shamrock pub..lots of farang locals...nice owner terry will point you in the right direction they make a yummy scotish/irish stew if your hungry...i stayed in the apartment upstairs loved the place....

the only drawback is located in a shady part of town...but my wife and

i had no problems..just sit back and enjoy the show... have fun hope you win lol ...

I have'nt got any competition :o:D

The owner in electric blue is a mate and he was looking for a resident Hip Hop/ pop band, I knew a band that were looking for a gig and introduced them. Last night was their first night and it was really good. I'm supporting it because i'd like to see him take Lucifer's and Tony's trade. (smaller bar though) :D

I have'nt got any competition :o  :D

The owner in electric blue is a mate and he was looking for a resident Hip Hop/ pop band, I knew a band that were looking for a gig and introduced them. Last night was their first night and it was really good. I'm supporting it because i'd like to see him take Lucifer's and Tony's trade. (smaller bar though) :D

I thought Club Electric Blue was a go-go bar... has it changed?

Yes it re-opened as C.E.B discoteque on march 1st. :D

I know your mate owns it so your reply may be a bit biased :D , but is it any good?

I know your mate owns it so your reply may be a bit biased :D , but is it any good?

Compared to Lucifer's - No. Compared to Tony's - In some ways.

Personally i don't really go to disco's, I go here because i'm interested to see if it does well and to see the owner of course.

I think when the sound is adjusted and they advertise the new band he might be onto a winner.

It's a nice looking club, not too big and it has a massive sound system. Staff are polite, nice toilets etc.

I'm not into Hip hop etc so it won't be a regular place for me. :D