Hi,

I'm looking at importing some goods in to Thailand and also exporting some goods to Australia.

I have already had one slight hiccup in trying to TT some money from Bank of China here to Bank of China in China. They need to sight my work permit. Easy way around is just get my wife to do it.

Thats fine first time round but hopefully this project will take off and therfore feel I should get the correct work permit needed to be an import/export agent.

Any constructive advise would be greatly welcomed.

Regards

Carl

Hi,

I'm looking at importing some goods in to Thailand and also exporting some goods to Australia.

I have already had one slight hiccup in trying to TT some money from Bank of China here to Bank of China in China. They need to sight my work permit. Easy way around is just get my wife to do it.

Thats fine first time round but hopefully this project will take off and therfore feel I should get the correct work permit needed to be an import/export agent.

Any constructive advise would be greatly welcomed.

Regards

Carl

To do import/export legally you need:

- A Thai-majority company (because you are also doing import, not only export) that has import-export in its objectives.

- A work permit (easy to get once you have the company and non-Imm-B visa)

- Import/Export license (easy to get once you have the first two)

\\

Set up an Import Export Company, as said before you need Majority Thai Shareholders. A good Lawyer will fix this....

You MUST have a Work Permit. Once you have an established business, its just a piece of work for the legal team.

Then, you have to get the person who is the Owner/Manager of the Business (in My case it was my wife, to apply for the Import Export Lisence. Its like a Yellow ID Card.

Wit the Import / Export Lisence, the biggest thing is the COO Certificate, which is Country Of Origin. The next big one is to be able to issue B/L or Bill of Ladding, which means the goods have been paid for. They won't release the goods in Australia without a B/L.

If you just want to export its easy, you don't need most of the above.

Most of the time we sipped clothing and it was easy.

Pm me if you want my professional services

Matt