If Not Thailand,

dumbnewbie

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I've always been an "off the beaten track" guy. I also have an affinity with the sea. In the back of my mind, I have a dream of cheap paradise ocean front property far from the madding crowd somewhere along Burma's coast.

I know! Impossible now.....but the country might have a change, and if it does, I will get in quick.

Borneo is another place I would consider.

Lao's lack of ocean is a deterant for me, although a big river or lake is somewhat of a compensation.

If I couldn't live in Thailand for any reason, it would be over to Cambo, easy to stay long term no visa runs, reporting every 90 days etc etc, yes I could picture myself there if things went tits up big time here. :)

What part of Borneo? Brunei, Malaysia or Indonesia?

Somewhere where there is virgin jungle at my back and empty sea in front of me, where I can go fishing or hunting, whatever my mood or plans for the evening's menu.

I've always been an "off the beaten track" guy. I also have an affinity with the sea. In the back of my mind, I have a dream of cheap paradise ocean front property far from the madding crowd somewhere along Burma's coast.

I know! Impossible now.....but the country might have a change, and if it does, I will get in quick.

Lao's lack of ocean is a deterant for me, although a big river or lake is somewhat of a compensation.

Fu_ck yeah! :)

Somewhere where there is virgin jungle at my back and empty sea in front of me, where I can go fishing or hunting, whatever my mood or plans for the evening's menu.

:D yeah, which part of borneo? go to the wrong part n your skull will be hanging at the step of one of the door-step of a long like an star would on a x'mas tree. but then, there are lots of cullture things to dig if you're a culture buff.lots of virgin forest including those on two legs - no, the mnc's have not really cleared all the jungles yet - that's why they are still slashing n burning them that gives you the annual throat choking experience. but the again, you must be married into a long house of families n play santa claus daily because you're supposed to be a farang with loads of money to play, yes again, santa claus.

:D not sure you like this intro n not sure the state of your present health - n your sense of privacy for most sexual acts are performed in the presence of an audience, with you playing the role of the star on centre stage like the girls in waling street in pattaya would. cambodia n laos seem fair, meet seemingly all your criteria.

:) singapore? are you going nuts? remember the air canada ad some time back where you're marching into a sardine can with you being the sardine?

:D you can never never hack it singapore, regimentally speaking.besides there are no places to fish n if there is , then your patience must equal that of the biblical Job,but then you may catch a puny fish or two .

:D all else failing, remain in heaven by staying in the paradise you're in now. just move to the suburbs, though. in that case, one wonders where the boundary line start n end. sounds like you 've had it if you've zero tolerance for thailand. that makes you seem way off n weird if you take thailand in as home away from home........... :D

By the way I was wondering, how is the work possibilities for foreigners in cambodia or vietnam?

I am not totally sure about the business laws in Vietnam, but the Cambodian govt. makes it very easy for foreigners to start and own (totally own) a business without all of the insane rules and regulations you find in Thailand.

The annual economic growth rate in Cambodia actually exceeded China's a few years ago.......it is still much higher than Thailand, so Cambodia is definitely growing and it is a smart time to get in on the ground floor of development/business there, especially given that Thailand continues to push people out of the country.

Other places: Bali in Indonesia, Panang in Malaysia, several places in the Philippines (e.g., Puerto Galina). All are good alternatives to Thailand-Titanic.

By the way I was wondering, how is the work possibilities for foreigners in cambodia or vietnam?

I am not totally sure about the business laws in Vietnam, but the Cambodian govt. makes it very easy for foreigners to start and own (totally own) a business without all of the insane rules and regulations you find in Thailand.

The annual economic growth rate in Cambodia actually exceeded China's a few years ago.......it is still much higher than Thailand, so Cambodia is definitely growing and it is a smart time to get in on the ground floor of development/business there, especially given that Thailand continues to push people out of the country.

Other places: Bali in Indonesia, Panang in Malaysia, several places in the Philippines (e.g., Puerto Galina). All are good alternatives to Thailand-Titanic.

too commercial these days.......these places , i mean. no??? :)

:) SINGAPORE is A great PLACE if you have that niche skill or trade. otherwise you're a dead duck or end up like a chicken without a head if your income falls below US$5,000 per MONTH! :D F..KING EXPENSIVE PLACE. IMAGINE YOUR SINGKA BEER AT 3X WHAT YOU PAY IN PATTAYA - service by your dek serv not included! :D OH YES, HOW ARE YOU WITH A ROBOTIC LIFESTYLE MINUS NO CHEAP ENTERTAINMENT? :D

Edited by CHAIYENYEN

A DOLPHIN, LOTS OF JUNGLE, LOTS OF FOREST AND NEAR THE OCEANS.....????? :D

WHY, IT'S ALL THERE IN PATTAYA, NO?????? :D

YOU OKAY, MATE???? :D

VIRGINS????? :)

MOODY??? :D

YOU MUST BE LOADED, EH?????? HOW ABOUT MY PLACE????CAN ARRANGE EVERYTHING FOR U , YOU KNOW.........WINE, WOMEN N SONG N OTHERS - WHATEVER YOUR FANTASY MAY BE............... :D

OTHERWISE LIFE WILL REALLY SUCK WHEREVER YOU DREAM OF GOING............. :D

STILL DREAMING???? :D

Just a quick (sort of) SQ flight to Houston and then a Continental hop to Austin Bergstrom. Home sweet home, XX Pascal Lane. Would have to slowly move my relatives back out, probably over to my college condo. Hmm, that's if my family wanted to move, but if it were just me, back to my condo.

:)

Edited by Heng

Just about anywhere they don't start playing blasting, blaring music at 5 am! :)

Happened this morning right next door. Somebody married or died or some freaking thing.

Welcome to Wang Nam Yen - and I thought I'd found a peaceful place to settle down....place those home building plans ON HOLD!

Edited by Lopburi99

EITHER ALL FARANGS HAVE GONE BONKERS OR YOU TO SUGGEST OTHERWISE...

Just about anywhere they don't start playing blasting, blaring music at 5 am! :)

Happened this morning right next door. Somebody married or died or some freaking thing.

Welcome to Wang Nam Yen - and I thought I'd found a peaceful place to settle down....place those home building plans ON HOLD!

KHAO YAI....PEACEFUL, QUIET , SERENE. HOW????WHAT BRO'T U TO PATTAYA FIRSTLY??????

:D yeah, which part of borneo? go to the wrong part n your skull will be hanging at the step of one of the door-step of a long like an star would on a x'mas tree. but then, there are lots of cullture things to dig if you're a culture buff.lots of virgin forest including those on two legs - no, the mnc's have not really cleared all the jungles yet - that's why they are still slashing n burning them that gives you the annual throat choking experience. but the again, you must be married into a long house of families n play santa claus daily because you're supposed to be a farang with loads of money to play, yes again, santa claus.

:D not sure you like this intro n not sure the state of your present health - n your sense of privacy for most sexual acts are performed in the presence of an audience, with you playing the role of the star on centre stage like the girls in waling street in pattaya would. cambodia n laos seem fair, meet seemingly all your criteria.

:) singapore? are you going nuts? remember the air canada ad some time back where you're marching into a sardine can with you being the sardine?

:D you can never never hack it singapore, regimentally speaking.besides there are no places to fish n if there is , then your patience must equal that of the biblical Job,but then you may catch a puny fish or two .

:D all else failing, remain in heaven by staying in the paradise you're in now. just move to the suburbs, though. in that case, one wonders where the boundary line start n end. sounds like you 've had it if you've zero tolerance for thailand. that makes you seem way off n weird if you take thailand in as home away from home........... :D

e & o.e. last sentence should read as ..."if u can't take thailand as home....."

...second para....should add..."in borneo...." with you as a star.....

....on singapore......(add) accidentally knocking a gal's ass can land you in jail too if you are not careful whlie crusing the streets of singapore unlike free n easy thailand...

p.s./n.b. sorry to do that to you, chaiyenyen......hope u don't mind the corrections n addendums........

Edited by topben

Belize is nice, and it has a similar feel as Thailand. Costa Rica is geographically more appealing, but if you think you get negative reactions from the men here, try Costa Rica. I was going to settle there before I came to Thailand, but I heard too many stories of white men disappearing, and saw some proof of the price of life there (very low).

I'm not ready to give up on Thailand yet, but I wish that I'd jumped to a secluded beach-side spot (I have one in mind for the future) immediately upon coming here. Now I'm locked into BKK for a while, but I will have my little slice of paradise eventually.

I already live in one of the best countries in the world... Canada. But, I like to spend my winters in the sun with hot women and not exceed my limited pension. That is why I spend my time in Thailand. The Philippines offers something similar, but the whole country is corrupt and absolutely EVERYTHING is a scam to separate a farang from his money. New Zealand would be high on my list as would Argentina. Both have good fishing if you get away from the cities. Costa Rica would be nice in the winter, and it does have some ocean fishing as well as lovely ladies if you know where to look. It's probably the least corrupt of the central America countries.

Edited by IanForbes