Farang Suicide At Nakornping Condo

Maejo Man

My maid just told me that she and her friend had the onerous task of cleaning up a room in the Nakornping Condo block after an apparant suicide.

It seems that an English man of about sixty took his own life sometime monday, by injesting excessive medication. The body was only discovered after people reported the odour coming from the room. Can any residents add details?

RIP

Apparently, the suicide took place on Friday. According to the Thai papers (my friend tells me) that he took up to fifty pills, plus a plastic bag over his head, and there was a cut to his throat. His body wasn't discovered until Monday.

It is known that Roger Brown has been bipolar for years, and he refused to stay on his prescribed medication. He kept to himself, as he had problems maintaining "Western" friendships, and he recently broke up with his boyfriend. He also had been in trouble with the authorities as he was caught on videotape keying a car in a parking garage. He was also estranged from his only son.

It is a pity that there isn't a social safety net out there for people with mental disorders.

The people who promote assisted suicides recommend the plasic bag as a backup to an overdose of medication.

The plastic bag method is described in the book Final Exit.

With a plastic bag and ingested medication, this could have been a suicide, though the cut on the throat is suspicious.

Edited by uptheos

Apparently, the suicide took place on Friday. According to the Thai papers (my friend tells me) that he took up to fifty pills, plus a plastic bag over his head, and there was a cut to his throat. His body wasn't discovered until Monday.

It is known that Roger Brown has been bipolar for years, and he refused to stay on his prescribed medication. He kept to himself, as he had problems maintaining "Western" friendships, and he recently broke up with his boyfriend. He also had been in trouble with the authorities as he was caught on videotape keying a car in a parking garage. He was also estranged from his only son.

It is a pity that there isn't a social safety net out there for people with mental disorders.

The plastic bag caught him