Maxnet Huawei Smartax T880

sammycic

anybody know the username and password to get into these routers and if so has someone tried to portforward on it. the ip for the router is 192.168.1.1

admin / TTT

I would put the modem in bridge mode and do all the forwarding on the router. Much easier than trying to manage two devices.

anybody know the username and password to get into these routers and if so has someone tried to portforward on it. the ip for the router is 192.168.1.1

admin / TTT

I would put the modem in bridge mode and do all the forwarding on the router. Much easier than trying to manage two devices.

thanks for your quick reply will give a go.

thanks

This is for a Huawei SmartAX MT880 purchased from MaxNet like the OP's. If anyone has a store-bought device, the manufacturer default username/password is admin/admin.

There's a very good website at www.portforward.com that has configuration setups for lots of hardware/software matches. They also include a portchecker utility that will test if it's done right.

Edited by NanLaew

This is for a Huawei SmartAX MT880 purchased from MaxNet like the OP's. If anyone has a store-bought device, the manufacturer default username/password is admin/admin.

There's a very good website at www.portforward.com that has configuration setups for lots of hardware/software matches. They also include a portchecker utility that will test if it's done right.

the only site i could find for putting it in bridge mode was a Thai forum website. seems like you really need to bridge this modem to get the best out of your router

Linksys WRT 45 gl .You don't know of any sites with step by step instructions to put the huawei in bridge mode. Portforwarding tells you how to forward the port, not how to bridge unless i didn't see it. I have already port forwarded the linksys but the modem is showing as routing. Pretty new to this torrent downloading stuff.

Thanks for your reply.

PM me

The problem is not that I want to generate more secrets, maybe True will complain - but unlikely -, the original password is basically a Thai password typed on a international keyboard with the high coding still on... So probably to tell you the keyboard for sure your have to tell me what your default coding of your Internet browser is and I can help you...

Not sure what Richard is on about with PM's and 'True' ???

If you follow the tutorial on the following url, this should solve your problems.

ADSL_Modem_full_bridging_tutorial.pdf

NB. Don't bother with the embedded links to find how to bridge your MT880 as they don't have it listed but I tracked it down and here it is.

MT880_bridge_modem_instructions.pdf

Ignore the bit on page 2 regards setting up a dialup on your laptop or PC as you will be doing that with the 'modem test' that is detailed in the tutorial to make sure that it's bridged properly. Note that you shouldn't need to delete it as it may be handy for troubleshooting purposes or testing when/if you replace your hardware.

I think if you follow the instructions in the tutorial, skipping any references to the Australian ISP and using the TT&T MaxNet VCI/VPI, encapsulation, username and password setups, you should have a system that is ready to fly with the port forwarding you have configured on the Linksys. Use the utility from portforward.com to confirm.

Let me know how you get on.

Not sure what Richard is on about with PM's and 'True' ???

If you follow the tutorial on the following url, this should solve your problems.

ADSL_Modem_full_bridging_tutorial.pdf

NB. Don't bother with the embedded links to find how to bridge your MT880 as they don't have it listed but I tracked it down and here it is.

MT880_bridge_modem_instructions.pdf

Ignore the bit on page 2 regards setting up a dialup on your laptop or PC as you will be doing that with the 'modem test' that is detailed in the tutorial to make sure that it's bridged properly. Note that you shouldn't need to delete it as it may be handy for troubleshooting purposes or testing when/if you replace your hardware.

I think if you follow the instructions in the tutorial, skipping any references to the Australian ISP and using the TT&T MaxNet VCI/VPI, encapsulation, username and password setups, you should have a system that is ready to fly with the port forwarding you have configured on the Linksys. Use the utility from portforward.com to confirm.

Let me know how you get on.

thanks mate that was i was looking for. I will give it a go in the morning and let you know the outcome. Glad you confirmed for me that i was on the right track about why i could not port forward successfully.

Huawei_MT800_bridge.JPG

do not set your 54 GL LAN to 192.168.1.x as you may have conflicts with the modem LAN

if you are running Tomato firmware there are a couple of lines you can add to the init and firewall scripts which will allow you to access the modem from your LAN

i did post the true firmware admin password here on TV a few years ago

A great big thank you to NanLaew for helping me getting a green tick for the first time using utorrent. My lan is working beautiful thru my router.

All i have to do now is get the bbc to load so as i can listen to the cricket. I think Maxnet is blocking the bbc as i tried it yesterday using 1-2 call edge modem straight thru and got a stream. this one has me stuffed.

thankyou for taking the time to help and all the best.

Thanks jeff

Me too I don't know how true got into this post.

I am glad that worked since, to be perfectly honest, I was having similar setup problems last month with my MaxNet MT880 coupled with a Asus WL-520gU wireless router and never managed to get it all sorted out. I want to configure my router so that I can watch the farm remotely via network cameras as well as allow family to access some streaming video hosted on my PC.

The 16-page installation manual that comes with the MT880 is a bit of a joke and first impressions of the support side of the Huawei website wasn't good. However, once I registered, I was able to download the complete 48-page user manual that gave the bridging instruction I included here, as well as other handy stuff. A generic google search for MT880 bridging showed hits for Indian and Australian bundled hardware and the one I posted looked very comprehensive.

Right now, I am offshore Vietnam and by tracking down your fix, I now know that I only have to repeat these guides to get my gear working... I hope. Thanks for posting and confirming it worked!

^ stu, both you and richard refer to 'True' or 'true'.... what's that?

This thread is about a TT&T MaxNet-enabled modem. What's True got to do with it?

yes - I understand who his ISP was , the mention of True was not just for him , was for others also who search for the MT800

when I first looked for the admin password online it took me a while to track it down - which was why I also posted it on this forum - and there is also a chance that other Thai ISPs are using the same firmware which would have the same password - most things are worth a try if you are grasping at straws.

I am glad that worked since, to be perfectly honest, I was having similar setup problems last month with my MaxNet MT880 coupled with a Asus WL-520gU wireless router and never managed to get it all sorted out. I want to configure my router so that I can watch the farm remotely via network cameras as well as allow family to access some streaming video hosted on my PC.

The 16-page installation manual that comes with the MT880 is a bit of a joke and first impressions of the support side of the Huawei website wasn't good. However, once I registered, I was able to download the complete 48-page user manual that gave the bridging instruction I included here, as well as other handy stuff. A generic google search for MT880 bridging showed hits for Indian and Australian bundled hardware and the one I posted looked very comprehensive.

Right now, I am offshore Vietnam and by tracking down your fix, I now know that I only have to repeat these guides to get my gear working... I hope. Thanks for posting and confirming it worked!

I hope you get your setup working as well as mine is performing at the moment. I downloaded a public torrent this morning at upload and downloads speeds i have only ever got with private trackers. I too checked Huawei website and gave up as it told you nothing. I found a couple of thai websites that showed how to do it but 12 months old so was not too sure. the only thing i changed in the mt880 was from routing to bridge. the encapsulation changed itself and after pinging ipconfig all my original settings ip gateway all O.K. Actually went very smoothly with a very good result.

thanks once again and good luck with whatever you are doing off Vietnam. Jeff