Pics From Pirelli Track Day @ Krangkracharn

charlieman

Yes it certainly was an interesting day at the track.

I spoke with the owner of the track Ekprawat Petcharak about some points which have been discussed amongst my friends and other fellow riders.

I asked Ekprawat about how he came to build the track at this particular place and he explained that he purchased the land around 1 year ago with a friend of his and he built the track for a bit of fun and not for investment purposes. He simply loves to watch racing and enjoys other people coming to ride on his track. What a guy :)

Khun Ekprawat agreed there were several corners on the circuit that are very dangerous due to lack of run off and he asures me that he will address this matter as soon as he has a budget. Remember he is simply taking money from his pocket to finance this track and there will never be dividends so he needs time in order to fix any initial problems with the track.

If anyone has been to the track and is looking from the pit lane, they own the land all the way to the small soi beyond the track so they have plenty of room to make adjustments for a larger run off for bikes on the high speed corners.

There arent many facilities at the track such as food or close hotels but Khun Ekprawat explained he has a relationship with the local golf course and if you mention Khun Ekprawat Petcharak and his track they can offer you a discount for a room which i think he said was around 1000 baht per night (im not 100% sure on the price). There are many other small resorts around the area as it seems to be a popular get away destination for the Thais and i was very surprised to hear there are resorts charing 4000 baht a night in the area. Anyway im sure as the track business picks up and more people spend weekends racing there we will hear more about good deals on accomodation.

I know myself and a few friends would like to drive down on a Friday night and spend the weekend there very soon. Its just going to take a good weather report and a free weekend and we will hit the track.

Anyway the track looks very cool and i cant wait to ride it. I was speaking to Graham (an instructor from High Side Tours) who was in the main race for the day about the track and he said it was enjoyable and hard work. Graham was on a Kawasaki Ninja ZX10 with nearly as loud as an exhaust as my ZX10 and unlike BIRA where you can hear a loud bike accelerate at each exit to every corner, Kaeng Krachan is ALOT larger with a track length of 2.4km (the largest in Thailand)

Anyone wishing to get more info on the track ensuing are the details:

Ekprawat Petcharak

Kaeng Krachan Circuit

Bann Maekamoei-Nonsakae Moo 5, Wangchan, Kaeng Krachan, Petchburi.

GPI Way Point N 12'56.535 E 99'42.400

Tel +66 (0)86 333 6666

email: [email protected]

Thank you Ekprawat, Graham and others for an enjoyable day.

Khun Ekprawat (thanx for the new track...awesome!)

kaeng%20krachan%20001.jpg

kaeng%20krachan%20002.jpg

kaeng%20krachan%20006.jpg

kaeng%20krachan%20009.jpg

kaeng%20krachan1.jpg

kaeng%20krachan%20012.jpg

kaeng%20krachan%20008.jpg

Edited by nakedAIR1300

It looks like a good layout. From the pix's it appears you can see most of the track from the pits.

2.4km of smooth mix bitumen doesn't come cheap, Khun Ekprawat and his friend must have deep pockets!