1 Day Overstay Today, Border Run Or Marriage Visa?

I'm here on a 30 day entry visa and just realized that my visa expired yesterday! I qualify for an O marriage visa but I did not do it because I expected to only be here 2 weeks.

Can I make a border run and get a 2 week stamp or am I going to have a problem now with the overstay?

Is it possible to go to iimidration and get a marriage visa now?

Thank You!

Just make your border run today and pay the 500 bhat fine for a day of overstay. Also you don't have a visa you had a 30 day visa exempt entry that ran out yesterday.

You will not get a visa from immigration they only do extensions of stay. You could get a 60 day extension (1900 baht + overstay fine) to visit your wife.

And then later do a change of visa status and apply a 1 year extension of stay based upon marriage if you can meet the financial requirements.

Edited by ubonjoe

Extension Rule.

2.24 In the case of an alien

visiting a Thai spouse or child:

Permission

will be granted for a period of not more than 60 days at a time

(1) Proof of relationship.

(2) In the case of a spouse, their marital relationship shall be de

jure (legitimate) and de facto.

You can get a 60 day extension on show of your marriage certificate if married to a Thai. Bring the misses with you.

I thought that the maximum I could get was 7 days at Immigration? I didn't really want to pay 1900 Baht + fines for 7 days and then have to go to the border for 2 additional weeks.

I feel like a real bone head for not taking care of this earlier but my work schedule keeps changing. Thanks for the help!

It's so refreshing to read a topic with a series of helpful answers/suggestions, followed by useful feedback and thanks from the OP; rather than a the sort of nit-picking slanging match that seem almost to have become the norm. :)

It's so refreshing to read a topic with a series of helpful answers/suggestions, followed by useful feedback and thanks from the OP; rather than a the sort of nit-picking slanging match that seem almost to have become the norm. :)

Yes its nice to read that someone who makes a mistake or thier plans change (and that can happen to all of us) is helped by some useful comments and as lingyaiyai says not the catty remarks as to the posters stupidity in getting into that situation, that often get on to the post. so well done to all posters, this in my opinion is the reason thaivisa is there to help others in need or advice.

We all need help sometimes in negotiating the mine field of regulations that hinder our stay in thailand. I for one did not realize a 60day extension could be obtained, as they say you learn something new each day

Edited by steve187

• 2 weeks later...

I have a question....

If i am a US citizen and i want to stay in thailand for 3-6 months with multiple entries since i will be going in/out of thailand

to malaysia, laos, burma but i will be staying for up to 40 days each time..

what do you recommend?

should i enter thailand and if i stay for longer than 30 days.. do a border run and get extra 30 days?

what are options since id like to have the freedom to also stay in thailand for full 3 months without hassle of dealing with visas

thanks