Old Topic K1 Fiancee Interview

Hello, sorry to probably beat a much discussed topic to death. K1 visa interview for Shorty coming up next week. Anyone have the latest and greatest on current US Consular Interview Officer and her/his favorite questions? Thanks!

Edited by MXPILOT

I'll try again.

The interview has a much worse reputation than it actually is. About 10 minutes. Questions about how you met, what do both of your families think of this, have you met them and she yours, differences in cultures and religion, and things like that. Unless there is a skeleton in the closet, it should be fairly easy, if you put together a complete well documented package together. Usually, the interview is mostly to dot the I's and cross the T's.

Good luck to you both

Thank You MMC, I agree with you. Just looking for someone who recently went thru because I guess one Consulate Officer does them all. Pet peeves etc. No skeletons except I'm a little bit of a nutball but it's never been documented. Thanks again.

So long as there are no legal grounds of inadmissibility (AKA: skeletons) the interview is basically an exercise of due diligence. They want to ensure the relationship is bona fide and make sure all of the necessary documentation is in order. If there is something missing that the officer wants to see then they may issue a 221g denial which is basically a denial of the petition pending presentation of the requested documentation.

The Consular Officers seem to share the task of interviewing, so the interviewer could change depending upon the day. That being said, they have always been polite and efficient with my clients, but they do have a large caseload so the atmosphere is businesslike in an effort to keep things moving.

Currently only applicants are allowed into the compound on interview day.

Best of Luck at the Interview!

Ben Hart

US Immigration Attorney

Integrity Legal