Reinstating An Inactive Bank Account

Hello wise forum. I opened an account at Kasikorn Bank on Soi Lang Suan a few years ago. I used it primarily when the difference between onshore and offshore rates made it lucrative for me to do so. I haven't used it actively in a couple of years. There was some money in it, but I took it out about a year ago. I was curious to know if it was still there, so I popped my card into an ATM to make a deposit in December to keep my money safe while I was on vacation. It said I had to pay the annual fee. Since I was only there for a week, I declined and just carried the cash.

Now, I am moving back to Thailand in about 10 days. Because I am coming from Korea, I will have a bunch of cash with me. I need a lot on my first day for a deposit and the purchase of furniture. I am thinking of bringing a little extra cash. I will exchange it at Super Rich and then wander over to the branch on Soi Lang Suan.

Can I simply deposit my money and reactivate my account? I will try an ATM machine first. I still have my bank book and ATM card. Does anyone have experience with this sort of thing?

Go to the bank branch with your passbook and ATM card and they will reactivate your account, most banks deactivate an account if it has not been used for a while eg 12 months or more.(no transactions)

Take ID with you also (your passport) and update your address details. It happened to me, I have a BBL

passbook (savings) account.