Wow, 15,000 Posts!

PeaceBlondie

15,000 posts on ThaiVisa. Did I ever say anything worthwhile? :)

Thanks, ThaiVisa, for keeping me off the streets and and out of the wrong long klongs. Thanks fo the threadbare threads about bad burgers, Miguel's Mexicans, Tuskers tusks, the tuk-tuks, the muckety-mucks. Thanks to those who picked my sides off the sides of the roads, and the cute nurses, and the fast motosais and the faster pretty, pretty boys that I call "friends."

May all our posts be positive.

15,000 posts on ThaiVisa. Did I ever say anything worthwhile? :D

Thanks, ThaiVisa, for keeping me off the streets and and out of the wrong long klongs. Thanks fo the threadbare threads about bad burgers, Miguel's Mexicans, Tuskers tusks, the tuk-tuks, the muckety-mucks. Thanks to those who picked my sides off the sides of the roads, and the cute nurses, and the fast motosais and the faster pretty, pretty boys that I call "friends."

I'm happy you're even more addicted than me, both being from about the same period in 2004.... :D

I'm not sure but nevertheless:

Congratulations! :)

LaoPo

15,000 posts on ThaiVisa. Did I ever say anything worthwhile? :)

good on ya PB, may you remain out of the klongs and muckety muck, and your pretty boys remain duckety duck :D

I finally hit 2,000 ~I dont think I'll ever get near 15,000, as I dont really care

*where the best burgers/pizza/tex mex/chinese/indian food places are,

*if water is served free,

*where to watch the latest football (soccer)/cricket match

*if coffee shops have free all day wifi

*About Spiceys

:D

Not sure what the numbers mean, but I fear your 15,000 mark is soon to be eclipsed by a rabid poster among the first to congratulate you. Do you feel his hot breath upon your neck ?

Appreciating all that you do, I still ask is it the quantity or quality of the posts on TV Chiang Mai which counts ?

/s/

"The Stalker" :)

Edited by Mapguy

Thanks for the reasonable moderating that keeps an interesting forum in some semblance of order. There's lots of us nutcases here that like to jerk your chain a little.

Speak for yourself!! :)

What you like to do in your spare time need not concern us and please don't include us in your little pecadillos.

As regards to the 15,000 posts - you have my fullest sympathies.

Well, PB, we joined TV at about the same time - and I have a grand total of 68 posts!!!

Guess that makes me just a sad lurker aka voyeur.

Or someone with not much to say. Hey, maybe I tried too hard as a Clint Eastwood wannabe in the '60s (Fist full of dollars)

Good luck and keep your entertaining and insightful posts coming.

Cheers,

J.

Edited by Jangot

i remember reading one of your posts a year or two back when you were ready to give up on thailand and ship back stateside. obviously u didn't, so maybe it was thaivisa that has ket u here/kept u going.......and your unique perspective has always shone......

.....I think that at the next TV CM party you should be awarded a silver star for endurance, a blue ribbon for style and a bottle of world renowned thai bubbly for mirth.

ya know that's only 3000 a year which is a little less than one a day. Perhaps, you should look for a non-cyber life. Yes?

Interesting maths... 3000 divided by days in the year is sort of close to 1!

And... congratulations PB - or should I say... get out more!!

I got a gold watch with an IRS eagle on its face upon retirement. I left it behind at the hotel in Puebla City, Mexico, after buying a copy Guns'n'Roses greatest hits CD. Some local Poblano may still be wearing that watch. What a long strange trip it's been. I sat in a cybercafe in Tapachula, Chiapas and nearly bought a ticket to Chiang Rai to save the Akhas from missionaries and Thai soldiers. Now I sit on a rice field outside Sankamphaeng with Chinese neighbors and race into town.

Oh, and the six kids are doing fine without me, and 25-year-old Daniel hasn't made me a great-grandfather yet.

Thanks for the reasonable moderating that keeps an interesting forum in some semblance of order. There's lots of us nutcases here that like to jerk your chain a little.

What you like to do in your spare time need not concern us and please don't include us in your little pecadillos.

-------------------------------

Hmmmmm!! you really are a angry man? Why?

Glegolo

Speak for yourself!! :D

:):D:D

-------------------------------

Hmmmmm!! you really are a angry man? Why?

Glegolo

You may have missed the point, as unsubtle as it was. I'll add smiley's next time, just for you. :D

Consider the fact that 'Jerk your chain' may mean different things to different people, and some of them may be Rude!!

If you are a regular reader then I'll let you in on a secret - nothing I write here should be taken seriously or at face value. :D

BTW, IanForbes awarded me three Smileys. I thought it might be worth only two but then he is a happy chappy.

You may have missed the point, as unsubtle as it was. I'll add smiley's next time, just for you. :D

Consider the fact that 'Jerk your chain' may mean different things to different people, and some of them may be Rude!!

If you are a regular reader then I'll let you in on a secret - nothing I write here should be taken seriously or at face value. :)

BTW, IanForbes awarded me three Smileys. I thought it might be worth only two but then he is a happy chappy.

I have to admit I missed the double meaning until you pointed it out. And, considering who posted the topic, it WAS funny. That is why I awarded you the 3 smilies. :D

But, I seldom take offence at anything. I'm quite confident in who I am and figure anyone who is intentionally offensive without being provoked has a problem themselves.