What Do I Need To Organise?

I'm an Australian, 22, and have recently been offered a job flying internationally based in Bangkok. The company I intend to work for has said they can easily organise a work permit and told me not to worry about anything.

I don't want to be caught out having not done something I'm suppose to - assuming the company organises the work permit without a problem, what do I need to organise in the way of visa's before I leave Australia?

Is there any limit on what personal possesions I can bring with me moving across (Laptop, Camera, etc.)

Thanks!

If you can obtain a B class non immigrant visa it might be good - perhaps a letter from them would be enough to get. If not it can be done later. You have no duty free rights until/unless you extend your stay for one year and then shipment must be received in six months. But normal laptop and camera should not be a problem as they would be normal for any tourist or businessman.

A visa normally takes 24-30 hours to process and a single entry would be a 90 day stay and a multi entry would be for stays up to 90 days but you have to depart/return and obtain a new work permit each and every time. Most people with legal work will extend their stay for one year at a time at an immigration office inside Thailand. Work papers and proof of income are the basic requirements.