Big Trouble In Tourist Thailand

jlaw666

The local cop tag-along shows are becoming pretty pedestrian; videos of those faraway places have that exotic appeal of "The Orient," which as everyone knows is full of intrigue, innuendo, back-stabbing, pay-offs and...well, we all get it.

I want to see the Bravo eight-part series called, "Big Trouble in Essex." (Episode One: Ruby's cat is up the tree and won't come down!)

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The local cop tag-along shows are becoming pretty pedestrian; videos of those faraway places have that exotic appeal of "The Orient," which as everyone knows is full of intrigue, innuendo, back-stabbing, pay-offs and...well, we all get it.

I want to see the Bravo eight-part series called, "Big Trouble in Essex." (Episode One: Ruby's cat is up the tree and won't come down!)

You got it. Tonights episode of the show I mentioned above, in Brighton is billed as "The local lifeboat crew respond to reports of a drifting dinghy"!

I have just read the following...

"The show has now been sold on to Australia's Channel 9 and is gaining further interest ahead of TV film and entertainment festival MIPCOM in Cannes next week"

So that's potentially thousands more visitors that will be put off from ever coming here..

What were the Thai Authorities, and the dopey volunteers thinking of when they agreed to this??

This is funny...

I am actually sat with a Thai policeman who is querying what I am doing..

I explained the nature of the thread and he laughed and said just one thing...

"oh! you talk bout farang police or? same same your dog, we have because we like talk and make sit down. It good for us, farang think him better thai man.. but we have because you want same same your dog!"

I think he's trying to say, they are pets!!

believe it or not :-)

"The show has now been sold on to Australia's Channel 9 and is gaining further interest ahead of TV film and entertainment festival MIPCOM in Cannes next week"

So that's potentially thousands more visitors that will be put off from ever coming here..

What were the Thai Authorities, and the dopey volunteers thinking of when they agreed to this??

Interesting. I now know why their popular program 60 minutes has been trying to contact me.

hm1973,

I'm not sure if the below link will be allowed but if not, google my excert in the quotes above.

http://www.how-do.co.uk/north-west-media-n...e-200910026488/

Could be in for a lot more agro

Thanks for that, I have already seen that link.

I have had no agro so far, only hundreds of people coming up to me on Walking Street wanting photographs and wanting to shake my hand. If you mean the comments on here, thats not agro for me, thats entertainment.

In all fairness..

I did spot many people coming up to you last night on walking street, in fact you were too busy that I couldn't get a look in, but I did try.

But I wouldn't want to be the guy that helped killed Pattaya tourism for us Westerners... sex tourists, sex pats whatever you wanna call us

And without doubt this series will end up on Australian, Canadian and USA TV sets.

Although, it may not be a bad thing for the Thais, as they are concentrating more on the Indian, Chinese, Korean and Middle Eastern tourist nowadays, so maybe it is just part of their grand scheme of things.

Unfortunately, us westerners tend to spend more money in the black/grey economy.. And it doesnt show up on the books.. shame, big shame.

Edited by taffylee

I just dont understand your logic here. Why would this show put people off coming? Are people really going to watch this and think "I am not going to Thailand because now I can see that if I behave like a complete <deleted> I will get into trouble"?

Well maybe some might, but Thailand could do without those people visiting anyway.

There has only really been one story in the show which has put Thailand in a bad light and that was the jetski guy, a sequence which only lasted a few minutes.

^ You are right - he is a Tourist Police Assistant and carries out the duties asked of him by his superior Tourist Police colleagues!!! :)

HM can handle himself - he is after all an adult. He knows the risks, and so far has been doing this job quite successfully for a long time. (no tears as of yet)

Sorry but it's just so weird how you keep on referring to Mr Miller in such a personal way? You say there has been no tears has of yet, well how the <deleted> do you know that? Likewise earlier another poster observed that if one was in a similar position one would question how the hel_l did one get to this point? You replied with a rendition of once in a life time? Again so personable?

Strange?

"oh! you talk bout farang police or? same same your dog, we have because we like talk and make sit down. It good for us, farang think him better thai man.. but we have because you want same same your dog!"

So this cop learned his English from a Vietnam War era Vietnamese prostitute then?

"Me so horny" :)

hm1973,

I'm not sure if the below link will be allowed but if not, google my excert in the quotes above.

I have had no agro so far, only hundreds of people coming up to me on Walking Street wanting photographs and wanting to shake my hand. If you mean the comments on here, thats not agro for me, thats entertainment.

You have got to keep up what you are doing ,you have to show authority you have also to give them hope.

hm1973,

Why not answer some of the comments made then, or is that down to your PR advisor who is also posting positive spin on your behalf. It is not "agro" people want answers.

Surely you can't be serious that trying to throttle a deaf mute shouting "do not resist us! do not resist us" is really excellent work.

People are getting carried away now. There was nothing out of the ordinary about that incident, as far as the part you are referring to. It wasn't like Howard was using the secret "Two-finger Chinese Touch of Death" technique on the fellow. Instead of just smacking some drunk upside the head because he was miffed at some little <deleted>, he actually was using force with restraint to calm someone. No biggie there. It's a complete non-issue.

Non-issue? The guy IS NOT A POLICEMAN! :)

Carrying on like he is one will only end up in tears...for him :D

RAZZ

I feel sure that he would be covered by Making a citizens arrest. This is done regularly by Thais. So what's the problem? Do you wanna offer your services and volunteer to assist the Tourist Police, and do something good for the community or sit in your arm-chair and make a fuss?

I just dont understand your logic here. Why would this show put people off coming? Are people really going to watch this and think "I am not going to Thailand because now I can see that if I behave like a complete <deleted> I will get into trouble"?

Well maybe some might, but Thailand could do without those people visiting anyway.

There has only really been one story in the show which has put Thailand in a bad light and that was the jetski guy, a sequence which only lasted a few minutes.

agree 10 fold :)

Surely you can't be serious that trying to throttle a deaf mute shouting "do not resist us! do not resist us" is really excellent work.

People are getting carried away now. There was nothing out of the ordinary about that incident, as far as the part you are referring to. It wasn't like Howard was using the secret "Two-finger Chinese Touch of Death" technique on the fellow. Instead of just smacking some drunk upside the head because he was miffed at some little <deleted>, he actually was using force with restraint to calm someone. No biggie there. It's a complete non-issue.

Non-issue? The guy IS NOT A POLICEMAN! :)

Carrying on like he is one will only end up in tears...for him :D

RAZZ

I feel sure that he would be covered by Making a citizens arrest. This is done regularly by Thais. So what's the problem? Do you wanna offer your services and volunteer to assist the Tourist Police, and do something good for the community or sit in your arm-chair and make a fuss?

If I wanted to do something for the community I hope I'd make a better job of it. I just question their motives.

And for your information for a short time I was involved in charity work in the former Yugoslavia in 1999 when the UN decided to bomb it. I didn't see Bravo making a documentary then that's for sure! :D

RAZZ

Edited by RAZZELL

hm1973,

Congratulations :)

RAZZ

If I wanted to do something for the community I hope I'd make a better job of it. I just question their motives.

RAZZ

But you don't know their motives razz Even if you did i am sure you would question them.

Blinkered and set in your ways comes to mind.

RAZZ

But you don't know their motives razz Even if you did i am sure you would question them.

Not at all. The camera doesn't lie. I seem some of them for what they are.. on an ego-trip to make-up for their inadequacies in the "real-world".

I commend and wholeheartedly support the thousands of foreigners in Thailand who get involved in drug rehab, christian missionaries, orphanages, women's refuges, Aids charities etc etc. They don't get this grief or brag that "hundreds of people" are asking for their autographs... I wonder why? :)

I've already stated that I don't know HM's motives. But when he states that he is "not accountable to anyone except his superiors" it tell's me all I need to know about his attitude...that and the continued avoidance of some simple question's...

RAZZ

Edited by RAZZELL

RAZZ

Not at all. The camera doesn't lie. I seem some of them for what they are.

RAZZ

You have seen nothing Razz, Only a snippet of a tv documentary.

For that you base all, Sad really get out a bit and see what they really do.

I have had no agro so far, only hundreds of people coming up to me on Walking Street wanting photographs and wanting to shake my hand.

Howard, I think you need to get some signed photo's produced, so you can issue them out to your adoring fans. BTW Britmaveric said he'd like a poster size one which he can pin up above his bed. :)

I have had no agro so far, only hundreds of people coming up to me on Walking Street wanting photographs and wanting to shake my hand.

Howard, I think you need to get some signed photo's produced, so you can issue them out to your adoring fans. BTW Britmaveric said he'd like a poster size one which he can pin up above his bed. :)

He doesn't need it, Who do you think howard is getting married to next month? :D

Howard, I think you need to get some signed photo's produced, so you can issue them out to your adoring fans. BTW Britmaveric said he'd like a poster size one which he can pin up above his bed. :D

He doesn't need it, Who do you think howard is getting married to next month? :D

:D:)

RAZZ

You have seen nothing Razz, Only a snippet of a tv documentary.

For that you base all, Sad really get out a bit and see what they really do.

I've seen them in their uniforms in WS...now that is sad... :):D

RAZZ

The sad part is that most of you cannot see further than the end of your nose.

You delight in picking fault with others yet most likely your own house is not in order.

Howard, I think you need to get some signed photo's produced, so you can issue them out to your adoring fans. BTW Britmaveric said he'd like a poster size one which he can pin up above his bed. :D

:D:)

RAZZ

Even you cannot see the sarcasm in that reply

Some of us have work to do, Bye bye

English teacher or TPV?

Missing you already.

RAZZ

That would imply that i was farang like you, Did i ever say that?.

There you go again blinkered.

Bye

Some of us have work to do, Bye bye

English teacher or TPV?

Missing you already.

RAZZ

That would imply that i was farang like you, Did i ever say that?.

There you go again blinkered.

Bye

Sorry, I made an assumption based on the fact that 99% of people on this forum are non-Thai. Hurry you'll be late for work.

RAZZ