Big Trouble In Tourist Thailand

jlaw666

Prison special eh? Sounds like they ran out of material. Thanks for the heads up - I now know to skip it. Here's my predicted run down of the episode:

- Show generic footage of prison guard closing gate, of innmates walking around, of squat toilet, of chains around feet

- Statement on over crowding in cells

- Statement on how unclean cells are

- Statement on long prisoner processing times, and how the prisoner had no chance but to plead guilt

- Statement of innocence OR statement on how stupid they were to sell drugs in Thailand

Nice twists that I'd like to see from prisoners to lighten up the episode:

- Demonstrations on using prison squat toilets (G rated of course)

- Tips on learning Thai

- Favourite Thai prison meals

- Prisoner synchornised dancing (like they do in some jails in the Philippines). Ideally to traditional music.

- A foreign prisoner being released after pardon.

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

And to add: Filming people without their consent is a crime so you are allowed to stop the criminal from continuing their act by physical restraint or dis-armament.

Rubbish :)

RAZZ

Actually Razz Tawp is in essence correct, But there is so many grey areas within thai law that are open to different interpretation. (remember we are talking about filming inside a premise and not outside)

I have raised the issue with a family member ( thai lawyer) for clarification.

Hopefully she will reply soon.

I received an email from Vera Production Company yesterday who informed me that Episode 8 (the last episode) is going to be a Prison Special, featuring extensive interviews with Brits Behind Bars and how they cope with being banged up in Thailand.

Oh Interesting,

I hope they touch on some of the inequalities suffered by the British prisoners regarding their release dates and time served back home after transfer.

Please, no 'lock them up and throw away the key' comments please.

It's a bit late that they decide to do this now, as we've already heard the interesting bits of all their Prison interviews I reckon.

I received an email from Vera Production Company yesterday who informed me that Episode 8 (the last episode) is going to be a Prison Special, featuring extensive interviews with Brits Behind Bars and how they cope with being banged up in Thailand.

no thoughts or comments onn the new vid howard?

Prison special eh? Sounds like they ran out of material. Thanks for the heads up - I now know to skip it. Here's my predicted run down of the episode:

- Show generic footage of prison guard closing gate, of innmates walking around, of squat toilet, of chains around feet

- Statement on over crowding in cells

- Statement on how unclean cells are

- Statement on long prisoner processing times, and how the prisoner had no chance but to plead guilt

- Statement of innocence OR statement on how stupid they were to sell drugs in Thailand

Nice twists that I'd like to see from prisoners to lighten up the episode:

- Demonstrations on using prison squat toilets (G rated of course)

- Tips on learning Thai

- Favourite Thai prison meals

- Prisoner synchornised dancing (like they do in some jails in the Philippines). Ideally to traditional music.

- A foreign prisoner being released after pardon.

So you come into this conversation and start blowing off about prisons - were you in a thai prison or any prison? The people that are in prison in any country in the world deserve to be in prison because they did bad things. whether they are in shackles or not they deserve to be in shackles. Or if they sleep with 30 other people they have no right to have any liberties than the next person. I get angry.

Is he one of those bible bashing people?

Hey, kidder it is known that boys will be boys and when they go to Pattaya they shall be naughty boys. So what is the problem? Howard and his mates are there to help, if they have to, men and women who have an altercation within certain venues or whatever and do not speak Thai. I would have no problem talking with Howard or any of his colleagues if I had a problem, or one of my friends had a problem. It, to me, is a sort of comfort thing - I am a foreigner in a country and "wow" there is someone that can speak to me in my own language.

Even I, as a woman, who has never been to Pattaya know that it is not good to try to take photos within a go go. Look up on You tube - all the films are taken under the table. I believe it is good, to preserve the anonimity of the girls and also the blokes. Who may be having a wee holiday away from the wife.

men and women who have an altercation with certain venues or whatever and do not speak thai.

neither does howard!!!

driver tii nai

nearly all the 'tourist bars' in bangkok are foreign owned. just look at cowboy, nana etc

You are not talking about BKK, you are talking about a few very selected streets. Cowboi and Nana might be a majority of foreign owned (partly due to history), but Pat Pong (apart from the Russian that is built like a brick wall) is mostly Thai owned - and I would not call these 'tourist bars', they are clearly gogo bars.

yes the very few selected streets that tourists go to. theres also soi 33 mainly farang owned, suk 22 mainly farang owned and i think if you check, i'd say patpong is about 50/50 now.

What i was really trying to find out is how many bars in walking street are farang owned. Sorry for not being accurate.

Since I know the lawyer that is on most of the owner papers for the establishments in the area, I could ask, but as there is a reason he is on the papers and not the actual people, I think it would be rude and to take advantage of the friendship.

But from my experience with Pat Pong is that the foreign ownership of the 'adult' (because that is what you are asking for, not anything else) bars/clubs is limited on these 4 streets in Silom/Surawong.

so why is there a reason, he is on the paper and not he actual people?? corruption again?

dont tell your bezza howard, he might arrest you!!!

I think i made a boo boo there. sorry. But, i still think that someone who goes over the top should be punished in which ever way is according to the country that the person is residing in. If i got caught out stealing or running away from a hotel - then on my back may it stand.

I also enjoyed the Phillipines version of Thriller. Which i shall watch again. Gets my hips dancing!!!!

Edited by Patsycat

Bit camera shy back then lads??

Howard have a word with your oppo, he's not tourist police. and why does he feel the need to carry his 'badge' when in civilian clothing?

didnt he have time to rush home and don his uniform this time? you know like he did with the ladyboys?

Howard, still with us??/

<snip>

I'm glad you guys have enjoyed my work so far

Watch this space for news of episodes 2 and 3 which are coming up soon..

Things to look forward to..

*The complete evolution of a Police Volunteer from A swimming sperm right up to his appearance on Walking Street

*A bit of in depth Psychology

Regards

Pattayaman71

Edited by webfact
video deleted

<snip>

*The complete evolution of a Police Volunteer from A swimming sperm right up to his appearance on Walking Street

Regards

Pattayaman71

Would you like me to send you a signed autograph of me in appreciation of your efforts?

<snip>

Regards

Pattayaman71

Would you like me to send you a signed autograph of me in appreciation of your efforts?

I once watched an amazing bit of television produced by David Attenborough, he waited months to get the perfect shot of a Lion taking out a Gazelle on the African Savannah. The shot came and he made great televison out of it... Sorry Howard not interested in your autograph, I'm after the Lion's..

I just hope you can keep up the quality of your productions in your future videos. Part 1 was very amusing and well made. Maybe I could offer you a job at Pattaya One News if you ever moved to Thailand permanently.

I just hope you can keep up the quality of your productions in your future videos. Part 1 was very amusing and well made. Maybe I could offer you a job at Pattaya One News if you ever moved to Thailand permanently.

Oh my dear boy... You think I am Seoul, Korea do you???

Well I can show you that it is possible to get to Canada, US or Europe in less than 2 seconds :)

Oh my dear boy... You think I am Seoul, Korea do you???

Well I can show you that it is possible to get to Canada, US or Europe in less than 2 seconds :D

I wasn't suggesting anything of the sort, I have no way of knowing where you are. Getting a bit paranoid are we?

Anyway, stop wasting time on Howard the wannabe policeman :) and get back to making your next video which I expect to be of a similar standard to the first or I will be REALLY dissapointed.

Goodnight.

Pattayaman71:

I once watched an amazing bit of television produced by David Attenborough, he waited months to get the perfect shot of a Lion taking out a Gazelle on the African Savannah. The shot came and he made great televison out of it... Sorry Howard not interested in your autograph, I'm after the Lion's..

Sir David Attenborough is exeptional though and also has access to (I imagine) an unlimited budget. Consider a film maker who is tight on time/limited budget, what could he do to get that similar footage of a Lion takin' out a Gazelle?

Howard: How do you feel so far about the representaion of you and the rest of the volunteers? Accurate, fair deal or could of been better? You mentioned you was filmed on your day job, that's not been shown. Is there other material you feel they've left out which would of made good viewing or added relevance to the situation?

Given the last episode is not featuring the TPV.

Edited by enyaw

Pattayman71 - wow. You made your point in an artistic way, with humour and without nastiness. Can I fawn over you? :D

One complaint though. You refer to the deaf and speech impaired person as deaf and dumb. Not an accurate statement in an otherwise fairly accurate piece. The person could vocalize, but the absence of "feedback" from the auditory senses precluded a speech we would understand. The person was not dumb. You might want to correct that.

Aside from that, I still think your work was wicked fun and more entertaining than a great deal of the series. Will the next segment be inspired by the yahoo discharging his weapon from the moving hummer, or will it give a naughty commentary on the sommersault skills of the Pattaya Swat team? I hope that crack squad never tries Parkour stunts. We might have a lot of hospital visits. :)

<snip>

whilst I feel this thread has just descended into a lame slagging match, I must admit this video gave me a giggle. nice work. :)

whilst I feel this thread has just descended into a lame slagging match

What ya gonna do about it?