Driving licence for motorbike

Is there such a thing as a driving licence for motorbikes here in Thailand ?

I notice sometimes kids at the age of maybe 10 swishes by on a Honda 125cc with their younger brother or sister aged 4-5 sitting behind..

As I am going to by a new motorbike for my wifes daughter age 14 from a previous marriage, and I want to be certain it is legal for her to drive it, so I won't be accounted for breaking the law in some way coaching her to drive it..  as I am legally now her step father taking care of her and her mother. ???

yes there are separate driving licenses for cars and motorbikes in Thailand.  I can say this because I am the happy owner of both.  good thing too because yesterday, on a bike ride down to ban phe, i ran into a police roadside license check-point (first time in 4 years of bike driving)  :o  

however, they didn't check for any insurance documentation.  here is a question in your answer...does anyone know if there is compulsary insurance for motorbikes...like there is for cars?

there is a separate written and driving test administered for those applying for a motorbike license by the land transportation dept.  the cost is B50.

i don't know the legal driving age in thailand.  i am sure someone here will post it or just go to the dept's website...it must be posted there somewhere.