Wifes Thai Passport Soon To Expire

springer64

Myself + my Thai wife are based in Ireland where she holds a Thai passport with a G4 stamp visa which will expire in june 2010 and the passport will expire in feb 2010, in the meantime we will be trevelling to Thailand in sept 09 staying for 1 month.Wondering what way to go about this, should we renew her passport while in Thailand next month, and hopefully they will return her old passport with the valid visa inside,and when we return to Ireland get the visa transfered to the new passport, any advice on what way to approach this, i thank you in advance.

My gf renewed her passport at the minsistry of foreign affairs on chaeng wattana road, submitted one day and collected the next day if I remember rightly. Normally though when a new passport is issued they cut the corner off the old one making it invalid so I am not sure how you will manage to use the old one again.

My wife just left for Thailand from Australia with her Aussie residency visa stamped in her passport which was due to expire within 2 weeks, the airlines quizzed her and she said yes she would get a new passport in Chiangmai, when she arrived she filled out the paperwork, had her photo taken and her old passport returned to her, this cost her 1200 baht and her new passport arrived within 6 days, when she arrives next in Austarlia she shows both her old passport (with the aussie resident visa inside) and her new passport and the jobs done, its so simple, i'm sure the Irish systemwould be similar and wouldn't stuff it up.