Australian Tourist Visa For Thai Wife And Son

Hi all

I am currently working and living in Switzerland and have my Thai wife (together 8 years, married 3 years) and son (11 months) with me - all on B permits.

We had planned before I took this position on hosting my Brother and family in Thailand next month but after 8 months to get all the Swiss residency in place have decided instead to visit them in Aus in January for about 3 weeks in Sydney.

I have looked through history and used the search function but maybe not deep enough query if the answer is already on the site

The query simply is that with us all in Switzerland as legal residents can we apply for Australian toursist visa for them from here?

All responses from people with similar experiences and with knowledge of the process appreciated

Many thanks

Greg and Bow

Hi all

I am currently working and living in Switzerland and have my Thai wife (together 8 years, married 3 years) and son (11 months) with me - all on B permits.

We had planned before I took this position on hosting my Brother and family in Thailand next month but after 8 months to get all the Swiss residency in place have decided instead to visit them in Aus in January for about 3 weeks in Sydney.

I have looked through history and used the search function but maybe not deep enough query if the answer is already on the site

The query simply is that with us all in Switzerland as legal residents can we apply for Australian toursist visa for them from here?

All responses from people with similar experiences and with knowledge of the process appreciated

Many thanks

Greg and Bow

remove space below as a new member i cant post links

www . immi . gov . au /visawizard/

the wisard is the easyest start to getting started on the visa

Hi all

Many thanks

Greg and Bow

The Australian Consulate in Geneva does not issues visas for Australia. In the first instance, you should contact the Australian Embassy in Berlin:

AUSTRALIAN EMBASSY

Wallstrasse 76-79

10179 BERLIN, Germany

Tel +49 30 700 129 129

Does your son have dual nationality? Sounds like you are Australian if you have a brother in Australia. Why not get your son an Australian passport instead (or the passport which you are a national of). Would save the visa hassel for him at least.