Passport For Thai Child

phuketrichard

Hello all;

I am getting so many diferent replies from many people so thought I'd ask here

I am American, My child is 1/2 thai, 1/2 american

she currently holds a thai passport, ( she is 10 will be 11 this May)

I am divorced from her thai mom

I know I need these things to apply for her extension on her thai passport

1. Birth certificate

2. current pp

3. Marriage paper

4 divorce paper also showing I have sole custody

5. photo (not sure if one or 2)

Now the tricky part,

do I need to show her Taam bian Baan, ( house paper) ORIGINAL or will a copy be ok?

Also we were married in the states so the marriage certificate is in English, do i need this translated into Thai?

we were divorced by court here in Phuket so that is in thai.

Thanks,

Richard

If I do this at the office in bangkok how long does it take to get back. Don't like to spend any more time in the city then neccessary./

Hello all;

I am getting so many diferent replies  from many people so thought I'd ask here

I am American,  My child is 1/2 thai, 1/2 american

she currently holds a thai passport, ( she is 10 will be 11 this May)

I am divorced from her thai mom

I know I need these things to apply for her extension on her thai passport

1. Birth certificate

2. current pp

3. Marriage paper

4 divorce paper also showing I have sole custody

5. photo (not sure if one or 2)

Now the tricky part,

do I need to show her Taam bian Baan, ( house paper) ORIGINAL or will a copy be ok?

Also we were married in the states so the marriage certificate is in English, do i need this translated into Thai?

we were divorced by court here in Phuket so that is in thai.

Thanks,

Richard

If I do this at the office in bangkok how long does it take to get back.  Don't like to spend any more time in the city then neccessary./

If required the original always has to be shown and a copy provided but not sure it will be needed for a renewal. This is the Web Site so would suggest you give them a call - they do seem to have it together from other reports. Believe photo must be taken at office for new type passports.

Been there done that,

had a freiend call, (my thai is not that great) and they said copies ok BUT I want a second check.

Note from the website, it saysd nothing about Taam bian baan for renewal

Documents required when applying valid extension of validity of a Thai passport.

1. Identity card.

2. Current passport.

3. One 2-inch photograph.

Minors (under 20 years of age)

1. Birth certificate or identity card.

2. Marriage registration Certificate of the parent.

3. Identity cards of mother and father.

4. One 2-inch photograph.

5. Consent of parents or legal guardian (s) Minors under 15 years of age must come to the passport office with both father and mother or legal guardian (s). In case one of the parents is unable to come , he/she must sign a letter of consent, which must be brought to the office by the other parent and the minor. Minors over 15 years of age can apply for a passport with a letter of consent alone signed by both father and mother or legal guardian (s).

Notes :

1. Application fees: Baht 1,005.

2. The passport can be collected on the day of application if applied for in the morning.

IS anhyone in bagnkok and speaks FLUENT thai and can call them and get the answer to my question?? I am in Phuket and getting thru is not easy

:D Hi Richard i just left the message for you too at yahoo

But i will tell you here ,,it's may useful for farang who has their half Thai children too,,,this the document for Thai children whose age not more than 15 years

1. Birth certificate

2.Identity cards of mother and father in case that you are farang you have to bring your passport for her as a father.Umm you have make a copy also ,

3.The copy of Household registration (it's ok you can use the copy one instead the original )

4. Take your daughter to the renew passport with you.. :o

Oh don't forget to pay for Application fees... lan lan la :D

Very interesting as the web site clearly says original must be presented if required - but I do not believe it is normally required except perhaps for first application or a name change.

This is quote from web site:

Other documents (if applicable)

1. Certificate of changing personal name.

2. Marriage registration certificate

3. Divorce registration certificate

4. Adoption registration certificate

5. House registration document.

Notes :

1. Application fees: Baht 1,073 for a 32-page passport , Baht 1,573 for a 64-page passport.

2. Originals of the above-mentioned documents must be presented together with one copy “certified true ” of each document.

3. The passport can be collected after 3 working days.

Yea, thats for the FIRST passport.

OK, I will let you all know how it turns out after I apply :-)

Wonder what a thai would do if their spouse is a farang and they want a passport for the kid.

The consent form for one parent to sign that allows a passport to be issued with ONLY one parent is in thai and it asks for a thai id card of the parent not with the child applying.

Yea, thats for the FIRST passport.

OK, I will let you all know how it turns out after I apply  :-)

Wonder what a thai would do if their spouse is a farang and they want a passport for the kid.

The consent form for one parent to sign that allows a passport to be issued with ONLY one parent is in thai and it asks for a thai id card of the parent not with the child applying.

We usually use passport number in the ID card number places - such are marriage certificate and bank accounts.

Which does cause all kinds of anxiety among lower level staff when you change passports and the numbers are not the same. :o

What I have found over the past 3 years when dealing with lower level staff is when I first go in I ask to speak with someone that speaks ENGLISH.

not only can I then deal in my language but it seems to get done faster and easier.

:-)

• 5 weeks later...