Anyone Ever Fed Up By Los And Wanting To Go Back To Thier Homecountry?

drronnie

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

USA is going to hel_l in a handbasket fast

Never going back

Also i doubt i could go back to western woman

Not my neighborhood, as comfortable as it ever was.

Will be back this December for a month.

I doubt I could go back to Texas gals more than once a year without my family here catching on (you're such a responsible fellow Heng, taking care of our stateside assets...).

:)

Is it too naive to say that I am simply happy here.

I have a good circle of friends both local and imports, a great little bungalow in the hills, all the technology I need (laptop with adsl, cable tv and a mobile), a list of 'things to do' that are all things I do want to do and will each be a small achievement. I like my neighbours, my neighbourhood, the food, my running and cycling is going well, I have good health . . .

If the day comes that i am truly unhappy and can do something about it, well I'll move.

Life's too short.

After 13 years living in Thailand I made the move back home. It was mainly due to not enough work and money running low but I was also sick of the crime, police, visa changes and just day to day little crazy things. It was time to go ! I was home for a year and I really enjoyed it, no joking ! Everything was so easy, things got done the way I wanted, work was easy to find, every kind of food I wanted, my family and friends were happy I was back etc etc etc.... I have visited Thailand since the move and it was ok. I would never say I will not live there again but if I do it will only be part time. Thailand is great when you think like a tourist. As soon as it becomes everyday life all the problems start to get to you. It is also hard to build a secure future. I am back on the road again due to work and living in another country. When it comes time to retire and stop traveling I am not sure where I will end up but if it is my home country it is ok with me. I am an American by the way....

Don't be afraid to return home it might be better then you think... :)

Please post reasons why you are fed up by Thailand and want to go back to you home country?

My reasons would be in my home country there is:

More job security

Better health care

People are sincere and honest

Relationships are not all about the money

Not many fall for criminal populistic poilticians

No congested streets

:)

1. In the U.S. any job I could get would pay less than what I now earn...once my rent and living expenses are taken off the take home pay. The cost of living in the U.S. would leave me worse off than now.

2. Yes, but in the U.S., what you pay for one night in a hospital would pay for a week in a Thai hospital. If you can pay for health service in Thailand, you can get reasonable service at bargain rates. My Thai wife just spent 6 days in hospital, the first 3 in intensive care, dialysis treatment, and then 3 days in recovery. Total: a little over $5000. She would have had to pay $15,000 for less care in the U.S.

3. Some people are sincere and honest, some are not. Example: Bernie Madoff. People are honest and sincere, not countries.

4. I've been with my Thai wife for 30 years. I believe I know what she feels and believes.

5. Not my opinion about politicians in the U.S. and the people who elect them. You're free to have yours.

6. Depends where you live. Believe it or not, there are places in Bangkok that are not congested.

P.S.: To be fair I do not live in Thailand, I work in Greece. I return to Thailand about twice a year for 3 or 4 weeks each time. I have a family in Thailand, and I will retire there next summer, permanently. Ask me then.

:D

I'm alright if I'm on the move most of the time (not in Thailand) and have lots to do.

It's not Thailand. It's me. Guess I like airport lounges and sitting on aeroplanes.

I think many of you probably live on the eastern seaboard, not my cuppa tea. Well established and stable Issan living is completely different, although does get a bit dull.

As for going back to the UK . . . hahahahahahahahahahahahaha . . . and breathe! I gave up with that place when they bailed out the feckless and the reckless.