I Need Help And Advise,building Home In 6 Weeks In Khon Kaen

hi,,,ive been looking out for builders in khon kaen area and would appreciate if anyone could recommend any decent builders in that area,,ive contacted a guy eric from email removed who advertises in baht and sold around buriram area he can build homes from 770,000 upwards but he wants 200,000 before he even starts? is this normal practise? im sceptical...ive also considered steel frame house made by freeflow.com the same company rhino used,i followed his posts on here and he p.m,d me with the builders name etc but ive allready contacted them twice and have no word back yet....i want to start the building work in oct 10th when i arrive or very near to that,,im staying for 3 mths but if the builders cannot finish in three mths then if i get as far as the roof founds/walls/roof/windows then i will leave it at that then follow on next year with interior tiling /painting/exterior walls etc....the land is prepared an all as my wifes father has a home next door ,it is not on paddy land and i seem to remember the land was ok...i would appreciate any help i.e what way thingds work in general,do i pay anything up front or do i pay monthly or do i buy all materials myself AND ONLY PAY FOR THE WORK? if someone lives near khon kaen who i can call or pm for advise as i go through the build then i will throw them a wager in helping me out...ive never built before and i reaqlly need good sound advise from someone in the know,,,i want to build a 2 bedroom bungalow,,and i need to know the average price i should pay to build this,,i am not buying land that is allready my wifes...its just 6 weeks away and i need to get some prices and stuff....ive also heard that the trick of the trade with builders is to let u wait untill its near time so that u will be stuck for someone to build your home then they will bump the price up.....just wondering why after 3 emails to freeflow that they havent contacted me with drawings etc as they told me in their first email.....i would of thought in todays climate there would be any amount of builders queing up to get work,,,

Dont know how much help this will be but i built this house for 1.3m near Bua Yai 1hr from khon kaen no plans just making adjustments as we went,from what i've seen

not to many builders here draft up plans...also my brother in law is a builder so he helped.This is my first attempt at building a house (im only 26).

You could never dream of building a house without plans in the western world..but here another story! I am extremely happy with how it turned out!

post-60161-1251245745_thumb.jpg

here anser from email removed

the house it takes 3 months to build more than 15 people have to work ,the windows ,roof, floor has to be ordered in advance all the material needed for building like stones sand cement have to be there all ready to start ,people for thesealing electrician and others has to be contacted and contract make

There is on plan made from the architect (included)and all printed in A3 the house will be build exactly like the plan

The 200000 pay is for 3 months and the rest at the end when the house is build

I think everything is reasonable way of working because a lot of material and people are involved before starting to build

We build already a lot of home and nobody has ever complained about the amount

post-68132-1251249053_thumb.jpg

It is quite normal to pay in stages, leaving the final payment until after the house is finished.

Here are some free house plans to download. http://www.crossy.co.uk/Thai_House_Plans/index.html

We had house number 8 built for 1.2 Million Baht so a 2 bedroom bungalow should be under 1 Million.

An average price would be around 10,000 Baht a square metre. So 100 sq m would be around 1.M Baht.

It is quite normal to pay in stages, leaving the final payment until after the house is finished.

Here are some free house plans to download. http://www.crossy.co.uk/Thai_House_Plans/index.html

We had house number 8 built for 1.2 Million Baht so a 2 bedroom bungalow should be under 1 Million.

An average price would be around 10,000 Baht a square metre. So 100 sq m would be around 1.M Baht.

We also had number 8 built for us.

There is a guy called "Alan the Builder" who uses "KhonKaen.com" forum. He has built some nice houses and it might be worth making contact, although I have never used him.

Dont know how much help this will be but i built this house for 1.3m near Bua Yai 1hr from khon kaen no plans just making adjustments as we went,from what i've seen

not to many builders here draft up plans...also my brother in law is a builder so he helped.This is my first attempt at building a house (im only 26).

You could never dream of building a house without plans in the western world..but here another story! I am extremely happy with how it turned out!

Nice house, but not very keen on gardens are you!!! Low maintenance option, I suppose?

We built outside Korat but did not pay any deposit up front. Payments were made at three designated points during construction. First was upon completion of foundation and concrete work including plumping pipes. Second upon completion of house shell including roof, windows and exterior doors. Third was upon completion of everything else.

In case of problems, so builder would have the motivation to correct, we held back 50k baht for 30 days. This was spelled out in contract also.

Nice house, but not very keen on gardens are you!!! Low maintenance option, I suppose?

It's not a very good photo about quater of the property is cut off with all my garden and bungalows not in the pic!! got about half a rai of veges out the back and and a hel_l of a lot of palm and bamboo trees growing!! also i have found having a big tiled driveway makes life alot easier when that rain comes around!! :)

forget

from

email removed

the house we build like the photo

price 950000bath key on the door

floor painted in and outside european bathroom 2 bedrooms 100 square meter inside

if that is the way you feel then so be it !! but i have a right to be sceptical about handing anyone over 200,000 baht before they even start to build my house,,after everything we hear about lazy workmen not pulling their weight and also not buying proper materials etc etc then why should i trust anyone with that amount of money ? that advise was given to me from people on this forum.....maybe i could of felt comfortable with paying installments after your company made foundations and layed piping etc then i would pay no problem...but your company did not want this you wanted money up front,if your company is as good as you say then why couldnt you have done work in installments then i would of paid up after each section was complete.....

can anyone really fault me on this decision not to pay 200k up front after all the horror stories we hear about builders ??? also 4 yrs ago in pattaya i was very very nearly taken for 3.5 million baht by a very well known tsba a guy named vince who worked for tsba from my home country of northern ireland,,,he tried to sell me a jet ski business on pattaya beach which did not exist.....there was also a guy from birmingham named ross in on this scam.....

ive no problems with paying money over after each stage of the build and will make that in contract but to pay a large amount like 200k up front is out of the question especially when i wanted the house to cost only around 1mill......goodbye eric and good luck for the future because you just lost this one

Edited by Crossy

We built outside Korat but did not pay any deposit up front. Payments were made at three designated points during construction. First was upon completion of foundation and concrete work including plumping pipes. Second upon completion of house shell including roof, windows and exterior doors. Third was upon completion of everything else.

In case of problems, so builder would have the motivation to correct, we held back 50k baht for 30 days. This was spelled out in contract also.

thankyou,,,,this is exactly what i wanted to do and if any company was as good as they say and reputable then they would have absolutely no problem making contract this way......too many cowboys around

hi,,,ive been looking out for builders in khon kaen area and would appreciate if anyone could recommend any decent builders in that area,,ive contacted a guy eric from email removed who advertises in baht and sold around buriram area he can build homes from 770,000 upwards but he wants 200,000 before he even starts? is this normal practise? im sceptical...ive also considered steel frame house made by freeflow.com the same company rhino used,i followed his posts on here and he p.m,d me with the builders name etc but ive allready contacted them twice and have no word back yet....i want to start the building work in oct 10th when i arrive or very near to that,,im staying for 3 mths but if the builders cannot finish in three mths then if i get as far as the roof founds/walls/roof/windows then i will leave it at that then follow on next year with interior tiling /painting/exterior walls etc....the land is prepared an all as my wifes father has a home next door ,it is not on paddy land and i seem to remember the land was ok...i would appreciate any help i.e what way thingds work in general,do i pay anything up front or do i pay monthly or do i buy all materials myself AND ONLY PAY FOR THE WORK? if someone lives near khon kaen who i can call or pm for advise as i go through the build then i will throw them a wager in helping me out...ive never built before and i reaqlly need good sound advise from someone in the know,,,i want to build a 2 bedroom bungalow,,and i need to know the average price i should pay to build this,,i am not buying land that is allready my wifes...its just 6 weeks away and i need to get some prices and stuff....ive also heard that the trick of the trade with builders is to let u wait untill its near time so that u will be stuck for someone to build your home then they will bump the price up.....just wondering why after 3 emails to freeflow that they havent contacted me with drawings etc as they told me in their first email.....i would of thought in todays climate there would be any amount of builders queing up to get work,,,

Hello

I have someone working for me from time to time who has done a lot of jobs for me.

Extension of my house with 9 meter, making new bathrooms, extending the house in the back, building kitchen.

Also in the neighbourhood he changed 3 other houses, making carports, extending sideways and lengthways.

At the moment he is building a house near Khon Kaen, and just finished repairing the mistakes by another builder in building a house for a friend.

He charges per day (B 500 max), works 8-10 hours, roofwork and electrics he will hire people to do the actual work.

You buy the material, he knows where to buy reasonable.

If you can make a sketch what you want, including measurements, I think I can help you.

You are free to have a look at my house near Nonthan and the former house of my wife in Nongjai.

If you like, send me a private message and I will supply my mobile number.

Edited by Crossy

I am building in Udonthani at the moment, my wife drew the design, and has supervised the build, we are on our 4th set of workers now, these guys seem to be skilled and know what to do. We set a price for a section of the job, and dont pay until we are satisfied. We order and pay for the materials as we go. Thais do not work to detailed plans. My wife acts as the project manager so to speak, and bargains the price and sets the pace. You can contact me if you like. By PM please email removed

thanks hansnl and surfaxxis but as for my wife supervising the build? mmmmm i dont think so....she just wouldnt know how to ..and i couldnt rely on her to do things the way i wanted them done,,yes she can interpretate but thats as far as it goes...when i get over in october i will have a look around but if i cannot find someone suitable then i will walk away and leave it for a few years..

from email removed

if dmax do not bother to contact us even a home address or phone number to me ,so how can people work together he want us to come build house october 10 ,we do not even know where

then he put my e-mail address on the internet sites asking about the starting money ,i send only proposel (200000bath)

he is free to find any contractor,he already have contact with others so

there are enough construction contractors if i trust one

had once proposed to him to come and look at our work to come and see , to create contract or modify up to him

we can show 100 homes to him and ask the people what they think about us we are everywere welcom

everyday we receive 8 a 10 mail from people and there al call for information

so

thanks hansnl and surfaxxis but as for my wife supervising the build? mmmmm i dont think so....she just wouldnt know how to ..and i couldnt rely on her to do things the way i wanted them done,,yes she can interpretate but thats as far as it goes...when i get over in october i will have a look around but if i cannot find someone suitable then i will walk away and leave it for a few years..

Ahhhhhhh, but then you do not know my wife.

Speaks English, and I assure you, people listen to her.

Moreover, they do what is told them to do.

from email removed

if dmax do not bother to contact us even a home address or phone number to me ,so how can people work together he want us to come build house october 10 ,we do not even know where

then he put my e-mail address on the internet sites asking about the starting money ,i send only proposel (200000bath)

he is free to find any contractor,he already have contact with others so

there are enough construction contractors if i trust one

had once proposed to him to come and look at our work to come and see , to create contract or modify up to him

we can show 100 homes to him and ask the people what they think about us we are everywere welcom

everyday we receive 8 a 10 mail from people and there al call for information

so

i am not going to get into a personal argument over this forum,but i feel that by asking for 200-000 baht up front even before you started) was asking too much,,i sent you 3 emails in last 2 weeks and in the emails you didnt mention any details of how the contract would work...all you said was your company would need 200 k to start the job and nothing else... so it is your loss and i think a very unprofessional way to do business..you have left it much too late in the day to explain now.i have listened to advice from lots of people off this forum and also other forums and the general rule of thumb is not to pay up front too much money...i have heard too many nightmare stories...in fairness it was mainly thai builders we are talking about but in my expirience you need not just be wary of thais alone !!!

Edited by Crossy

Don’t think wrong about me ,but i am not very happy ,in Thailand you cannot put my name and e-mail on the internet so that’s why I reacted so

Here a few weeks ago somebody convicted for putting the phone number of his girlfriend on the internet

Maybe for you 200000 bath was too much but nobody ever complained here

We are not ripping off somebody ,the foundation and steel roof has to be placed in one week than we let it dry ,how much you think this cost already

I also read stories on the internet and I am also one fool to build one house for my wife ,if she say I don’t like you any more I lose also my house because it’s her land

You know what lady’s in pataya say, steel as much as you can from farang

The house is one real construction with good working people that we trust ,for khon kaen we had on contractor to build the house for you but we say let bring our people to there and let them stay in resort

This isn’t about making money but to start in khon kaen to show people what we can build

One very rich man from Holland came to see us on Monday and we have contract for one very big house and one for her parents

The problem about all this we did not meet

post-68132-1251334736_thumb.jpg

post-68132-1251334786_thumb.jpg

We are not ripping off somebody ,the foundation and steel roof has to be placed in one week than we let it dry ,how much you think this cost already

I do not understand what you are trying to say with regards to the foundation? It appears to me that you are saying that you do the concrete work for the foundation and then let it dry for a week, is that what you are saying?

The footing including its base shown on your photo doesn't look like a good quality concrete job to me, and then it looks from you roof construction that you are likely to get a leaking roof.

I've removed all the email addresses from this thread (I think I got the lot), please don't include email addresses because including them contravenes forum rules.

As previously noted, it is quite normal to include an up-front payment in order to get the job started, if nothing else it covers the cost of materials.

The amount up-front is obviously open to negotiation with your contractor at the time of drawing up the contract, you should also detail the amount of stage payments to be made and make those payments propmptly if the job is completed to the required standard.

Just curious OP,,,,,,,,

Why no capital letters?

Does not using paragraphs or capitals have some significance or meaning?

Is it a rebellion against conventionality?

Is it a stylistic choice?

I'm genuinely interested in your anti-capital motivation!

thanks Mr Crossy

this was the right anser to the question on the topic

I've removed all the email addresses from this thread (I think I got the lot), please don't include email addresses because including them contravenes forum rules.

As previously noted, it is quite normal to include an up-front payment in order to get the job started, if nothing else it covers the cost of materials.

The amount up-front is obviously open to negotiation with your contractor at the time of drawing up the contract, you should also detail the amount of stage payments to be made and make those payments propmptly if the job is completed to the required standard.

God morgon

Jag vet inte om du har tittat närmare på bilden jag har är det ett block på 1 meter till 1 med en tjocklek av 50 cm

Toppic Det handlar om huruvida eller inte betalat förskott för 200.000 bad bygga sitt hus

Han satte min e-postadress på Internet, men utan någon tid för mig att ha ett besök eller ring

Jag ber förskott diskussion, även om byggnaden ska ske vet jag inte

Men han tycker att jag är en bedragare när jag läser allt

Ha en trevlig dag i Hua Hin

EDIT by Crossy.

Sorry Anteric, only English allowed on the forum.

A quick Google translation of the original Swedish message:-

Good morning

I do not know if you've looked closely at the picture I have is that a block of 1 m to 1 with a thickness of 50 cm

Toppic It is about whether or not paid an advance of 200,000 bath build his house

He put my email address on the Internet, but with no time for me to have a visit or call

I ask advance discussion, even if the building should be I do not know

But he thinks that I am an imposter when I read everything

Have a nice day in Hua Hin

Don’t think wrong about me ,but i am not very happy ,in Thailand you cannot put my name and e-mail on the internet so that’s why I reacted so

Here a few weeks ago somebody convicted for putting the phone number of his girlfriend on the internet

Maybe for you 200000 bath was too much but nobody ever complained here

I also read stories on the internet and I am also one fool to build one house for my wife ,if she say I don’t like you any more I lose also my house because it’s her land

You know what lady’s in pataya say, steel as much as you can from farang

The house is one real construction with good working people that we trust ,for khon kaen we had on contractor to build the house for you but we say let bring our people to there and let them stay in resort

This isn’t about making money but to start in khon kaen to show people what we can build

One very rich man from Holland came to see us on Monday and we have contract for one very big house and one for her parents

The problem about all this we did not meet

ok anteric, i am sorry i jumped too soon to conclusions and i shouldnt of put your email on internet but as i have said before i was asked for 200-000k up front without any explanation what it was for and no details of how the contract would work,i have still got that email. if you had of told me and explained in detail the contract and maybe asked for half that figure at every certain stage of the build then i would understand that but 200k before a builder starts work was to me a little excessive an amount to hand anyone ,i am sure now that you are not a cowboy but you cannot expect someone to hand over 200k without any explanation to what that money is for. i will delete this post when i figure out how to as i dont want to bring you any further bad publicity.

D-Max thank for you respons

Good advise if you want to have sombody to build your house please call the number that we send you

So nowbody respont to your mail from other firms because they got the same problem like ,a lot off e-mail every day 99% nothing

Most of the people ho are building make already one plan and bring picture how there home have to be

When they come to visit we arange that the responsibel for building and architec also to be there ,show new projects starting and alredy realised

We have in 3 days house plan ready on A3 paper

Then we make contract also abouth payment and we can start building in a few days

We have a lot of plans ready like the picture that i send to you,

I hope to end this topic