Where To Bank Whilst Living In Thailand

bjderb

i have recently sold my house in uk and am in the process of retiring to live permanently in Thailand.The money from the sale of the house i was going to invest with ING direct now i find you cannot invest with ING direct in UK unless you you have a permanent address in the UK.Any advice other than transfering everything to a bank in Thailand..........Bri.

i have recently sold my house in uk and am in the process of retiring to live permanently in Thailand.The money from the sale of the house i was going to invest with ING direct now i find you cannot invest with ING direct in UK unless you you have a permanent address in the UK.Any advice other than transfering everything to a bank in Thailand..........Bri.

Dependent on the size of your invesment, you could open a Premier account with HSBC and they will allow you a free second account with the local HSBC branch in Bangkok. This makes transfers easy and cheap and gives you a local ATM card.

I think this thread will be moved to its rightful place once a Mod wakes up.

Good luck.

Regards

Edited by piercefilmlid

Dependent on the size of your invesment, you could open a Premier account with HSBC and they will allow you a free second account with the local HSBC branch in Bangkok. This makes transfers easy and cheap and gives you a local ATM card.

Good luck.

Regards

Thanks Pierce for your help will follow it up ....... Bri

Good luck.

Regards

Please don't transfer all your funds to Thailand,best leave it in the UK or in a bank like the HSBC.I have a HABC premier account and it works well.Take only what you need to LOS

Good Luck Mate

keep 95 % of your money in the uk somehow or other DONT transfer it to thailand

keep all your bank b society accounts open with ten quid in all of them coz your pension will have to be paid into one of them

get a care of address from your son daughter or ANYONE you trust and tell all your bank b societys your new care of address but whatever you do DONT leave yourself without a uk address !

if you do it will bite you on the bum one day in ??????? years time

dave2

ps .. its probably too late but see if you can open a nationwide flex account .... if you can ? ... do it TODAY ... as its the cheapest way to bring money here that ive found

keep 95 % of your money in the uk somehow or other DONT transfer it to thailand

keep all your bank b society accounts open with ten quid in all of them coz your pension will have to be paid into one of them

get a care of address from your son daughter or ANYONE you trust and tell all your bank b societys your new care of address but whatever you do DONT leave yourself without a uk address !

if you do it will bite you on the bum one day in ??????? years time

dave2

ps .. its probably too late but see if you can open a nationwide flex account .... if you can ? ... do it TODAY ... as its the cheapest way to bring money here that ive found

Cheers & thanks guys,as usual sound advice from members....Bri.