Accounting Software That Speaks English And Complies With Thai Accounting Procedures

Unfortunately you are going about it in the wrong way. If you want the software to be used to submit to the Thai authorities you need to find out which ones are approved. Then find out if they have an English version.

For example there are any number of good POS software packages in the international market place that can cope with all sorts of tax regimes (like MYOB) but not many are approved by the the Thai tax off ice to issue ABB invoices (unfortunately MYOB is not one). About the least worst one was SeniorSoft based in Pantip. They were promising an English version last year.

Remember they are trying to keep a local industry alive. :) (Or someone with "interests" in the local industry :D )

• 4 weeks later...

Used to work for a company that used a package called MAC4, written by a Thai who'd served their time in UK. Reasonably priced though needed some set up which they could do for you. It could also generate the various tax docs, eg for WHT, VAT, PND 50/51 as well as cater for the annoying Thai system of issuing a proforma invoice and tax invoice. Not as slick as others I'd seen in other countries, probably due to the cumbersome Thai accounting methods eg invoices and tax system but functional. They brought out MAC5 I think after that. The software company was Doublepine. Not sure if they are still around.

MYOB is out here, as is Peoplesoft. Both can be used for Thai.

Not sure what the person above is on about for ABB invoices, I've worked for companies that simply did their invoices and tax invoices on Word or Excel, and didn't have any problems with tax auhorities. As long as you have the correct info on they don't care what you use... There are usually ways around any accounting system to use different fields on forms in different ways to tailor for local use. Just needs some imagination and creative thinking. If you know what ur looking for the software vendor has usually been ther before and has a workround solution..

Edited by WhiteShrek

As a CPA and an instructor of Accounting Information Systems at the countries number one university I can tell it has nothing to do with the software at all whether it complies with Thailand's Accounting and Tax Regulations. It is the interpretation of the accounting regulations and how those details are inputted into the software.

Therefore, all most small to medium size businesses require is Quickbooks. That is unless there is something specific to your business that requires a customized package, which I would be highly questionable of.

I canot help but image a software that speaks English then Thai complies with Mai Bpen Rai

All accounting software for the most part operates the same way. First you set up a chart of accounts, which could be asset, liability, income, expenses or equity. The entries into the system are made in the form of numbers that represent a monetary figure of some kind. They are made as either debits or credits according to the account and what type of transaction is being recorded.

That is all an accounting system does, therefore it can be adjusted to meet any countries accounting principle and tax laws. It is up to the operator or operators of the system to ensure the transaction are recorded properly to represent the actual events that occurred and meet GAAP and the tax laws of that particular county.

If the financial reports and any other reports these systems are capable of producing require any specific language they all allow you to export the data to Excel where and language translation can be done easily.