Is She Cheating On Me?

TommyL

You have never been dumped? :D

Be a man, leave her alone - if she never calls again, that will be it.

As others say, find a girl who is really into you :)

I do wish people would read the threads before posting.

Tommy is getting married. Congratulations are in order. :D

Yes .... Tommy is getting married and it just took a couple of " i'm not calling you moves & a sorry phone call move " and magic !!!!

When is the wedding date and at what time should we arrive.

:D

Thailand is such an amazing place...

• Replies 181
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Well, I've had my new suit bespoked by a Bangkok tailor and I'm ready to go.

Just let us know the date, Tommy, and we will be there for the glorious occasion. Should be a blast.

Have you discussed the dowry issue with your fair maiden yet?

Ahhh, no need to quibble with minor details. You could simply pay the dowry before you fly over - safer than carrying alll that money and gold on the flight.

Again, congratulations Tommy - who would of thought it aye?

Cheers,

GFL.

Edited by Geekfreaklover

Just let us know the date, Tommy, and we will be there for the glorious occasion. Should be a blast.

Ahhh, no need to quibble with minor details. You could simply pay the dowry before you fly over - safer than carrying alll that money and gold on the flight.

Cheers,

GFL.

Ah Yes !!! good on ya Tommy .. I didn't have anything special planned for the next few months so this special occassion will be great .

I'm just dusting of my suit as we speak ... haven't worn her for a few years.

Ah Yes !!! good on ya Tommy ... I didn't have anything special planned for the next couple of months anyway so this momentous occassion will be great.

I'm just dusting off the old suit as we speak ... haven't worn her in a few years .

As Greekfreaklover mentioned ' don't worry to much on the old dowry ... just talk to her about it and get the old ATM working !!. ( you certainly don't want another " no calls " issue on that one )

Well.. again congrats ... and let us know when & where ....

:)

And dont forget the GOLD

the gold the gold

Gotta have the GOLD

Tommy,be sure to ask the oldtimers on TV how to buy GOLD here and how much to get without looking like a cheap charlie, it will be expected of you since you're a rich farang and for whom money is no object

Oh Yeh..Seeing the latest change in developments maybe the mods should change the name of the thread, such a heading is not polite to the doting bride

Maybe "Is She Divorcing Me" would save the daily trouble

:)

Cheers,

GFL.

Hey Tommy ,

I'm looking to book the taxi early so I can get a discount rate ... so as soon as you can let us know I can make a booking.

Also , I wanna get you & the fair maiden something real nice ... maybe from Central where the misses works .. hey that'ed be a coincedence , woundn't it just !! .

Well gotta keep moving ... have ta polish the shoes ...

This will be a wonderfull wedding !!

Cheers, :)

Cannot understand my girlfriend which is thai sometimes (or most of the times) :)

Been together for many months now and usually when i am in my country she calls and we message all the time. But this time its me who has to call her all the time and many times she doesnt even pick up the phone, and the worst about it she doesnt call back! This is so weird, if she calls me and i dont have time to answer i call her back as soon as i can because i care for her.

I have read many stories and i really fear and beginning to think she is dating someone else, thats why she is ignoring me on the phone sometimes. She usually picks up the phone only early in the morning in Thailand.

This has been going on for over 1 month now and i feel i am getting fed up with this. Feel like she has no feelings for me when she acts like this. Gonna demand some answers from her because this is bugging me alot and i gues you guys would react the same huh? Last time i got so fed up so i asked her right out if me and her are broken up? Do not worry she responded ..... ehm ok. no answers about the calling part. Should i chill ? am i worrying too much? Long distance relationships can do this. But these symptoms i am telling about is a bit worrying to me or what do you guys think? I am no thai expert :D

My guess is it's worse than that! you are about to be dumped.

That could also mean someone else in tow already.

Walk away from the crash! Don't ever phone again.

I think the lesson to be learnt is about commitment. You simply have to be in someone's life.

It's tough I kinow, but about normal for Thailand and actually you will escape quite lightly.

Mummysboy,

Please try and keep up.

The lad is now getting married to the girl he thought was cheating on him.

GFL.

Yes sorry.

Wow! I hope it's a white wedding too! I mean no doubt, this girl sounds so sweet n all.

What a great turn around- sure to last!

Cannot understand my girlfriend which is thai sometimes (or most of the times) :)

Been together for many months now and usually when i am in my country she calls and we message all the time. But this time its me who has to call her all the time and many times she doesnt even pick up the phone, and the worst about it she doesnt call back! This is so weird, if she calls me and i dont have time to answer i call her back as soon as i can because i care for her.

I have read many stories and i really fear and beginning to think she is dating someone else, thats why she is ignoring me on the phone sometimes. She usually picks up the phone only early in the morning in Thailand.

This has been going on for over 1 month now and i feel i am getting fed up with this. Feel like she has no feelings for me when she acts like this. Gonna demand some answers from her because this is bugging me alot and i gues you guys would react the same huh? Last time i got so fed up so i asked her right out if me and her are broken up? Do not worry she responded ..... ehm ok. no answers about the calling part. Should i chill ? am i worrying too much? Long distance relationships can do this. But these symptoms i am telling about is a bit worrying to me or what do you guys think? I am no thai expert :D

My guess is it's worse than that! you are about to be dumped.

That could also mean someone else in tow already.

Walk away from the crash! Don't ever phone again.

I think the lesson to be learnt is about commitment. You simply have to be in someone's life.

It's tough I kinow, but about normal for Thailand and actually you will escape quite lightly.

Mummysboy,

Please try and keep up.

The lad is now getting married to the girl he thought was cheating on him.

GFL.

yes ... isn't this just a fairytale ending !!! all done in one day .... i'm so happy for them both...

i guess that's why they call this " amazing thailand "

cheers.

Yes sorry.

Wow! I hope it's a white wedding too! I mean no doubt, this girl sounds so sweet n all.

What a great turn around- sure to last!

Well guess turning the game on her kinda worked faster than i thought. She called and i ended up proposing to her ..... guess loves work in mysterious ways >_<

You WHAT? :) You proposed to her on the PHONE? Come on, man. At the very least you should do that in person.

Not very romantic

And, what was her reply?

We really need more background here. You told that you met in a mall. OK.

Now, the age question still needs to answered. edit: OK, so you are 27, so there is probably not much age difference.

Please tell us more. Do you speak any Thai?

And: when are you going back to Thailand?

I concur wholeheartedly with the guys saying "get your ass over here."

Without a doubt....

It's going to end in tears. :D

Well guess turning the game on her kinda worked faster than i thought. She called and i ended up proposing to her ..... guess loves work in mysterious ways >_<

Hmmm. And you still think you're controlling the game do you?

Perhaps I've been here far too long, and have become overly cynical, but it appears to me that she got exactly the result she wanted. It happened to a friend of mine some time ago. He was with a Thai lady for a couple of years and then the same thing happened; she started making herself unavailable to him. It turns out the family was putting pressure on her to get him to tie the knot. The tactics are called emotional manipulation and they're in the master class of putting it into action: make yourself unavailable, farang becomes desperate and over reacts to the situation. Let the buyer beware.

As I said, I've been here a long time so perhaps I'm being overly cynical. It may well be that it might all work out well for you but when you're entering into a relationship with a Thai woman please remember that, for the most part, it's an economic transaction. Amongst their own it's even more so. A high-so Thai is never going to marry a low-so Thai. A low-so Thai girl has little hope of marrying a Thai man who's social status is above her's so her only option, if she's getting on in years, is to marry an unaware, gullible farang whose got plenty of money. The sin sod, the house back at the village, the car and the never ending demands for money to improve the economic status of the extended family you'll get once you're married, will be provided by you with very little of real significance in return. Some will come on here and accuse me of being to negative. Fair enough, everyone has their own opinion of how things are. The fact is though that what I've written above is exactly how it goes.

Good luck.

post-4007-1251459055.jpg

I can't imagine why you would seek the advice of total strangers on an anonymous internet forum on life changing decisions, I can only draw one conclusion.

P.S. The vast majority of Expats that I know ( and I know a lot, an awful lot after 19+ years in country ) cheat on their Thai wives at any given opportunity.

( Of course, ThaiVisa members would never do such a thing cos they're different. )

Now, where have I heard that before ? :)

Edited by Maigo6

omg didn't know this topic got so popular :) Anyways she responds to my call every week, its just that she often doesnt answers the call and i have to call her everytime. Thats what bugs me.

To other questions, we met while i was shopping with a friend at Central and she worked at a clothing store.

So my problem is just that she doesnt call herself or calls me up, just me who has to track along to her wishes all the time. Thats what i am stopping now, i want her to get desperate at me as i have been with her :D Will see how it goes.

WE give you the benefit of the doubt. Its not like your gonna admit to meeting her at happy hour at LOLITAS :D

post-4007-1251459055.jpg

I can't imagine why you would seek the advice of total strangers on an anonymous internet forum on life changing decisions, I can only draw one conclusion.

P.S. The vast majority of Expats that I know ( and I know a lot, an awful lot after 19+ years in country ) cheat on their Thai wives at any given opportunity.

( Of course, ThaiVisa members would never do such a thing cos they're different. )

Bj's dont count as cheating. Do they? :D receiving not giving :D

Edited by zorro1

The fact is though that what I've written above is exactly how it goes.

Meaning, it's how it goes for you.

I would imagine the majority of expats that have lived in Thailand for many years would have the totally opposite experience.

Either it's a troll and it's coming countless times thanks to the vast responses in the last pages

or

he is not a troll and was overrun by the, as usual, typical TV avalanche in such threads which lacks considering, that he is an (Thailand) unexperienced young guy, who does not know a bit about the average Thai/Farang scenario here.

If that's the case: Don't take all that too serious, but think about the essence of all that TV marmalade and don't rush things with that girl.

Edited by Birdman

Ether it's a troll and it's coming countless times thanks to the vast responses in the last pages

or

he is not a troll and was overrun by the, as usual, typical TV avalanche in such threads which lacks considering, that he is an (Thailand) unexperienced young guy, who does not know a bit about the average Thai/Farang scenario here.

If that's the case: Don't take all that too serious, but think about the essence of all that TV marmalade and don't rush things with that girl.

One of the more sensible remarks in this topic.

It gets a bit boring to see the troll calling and I come from troll country. Smelly nasty buggers they are. Cornish pixies got nothing on them. :)

Now, TommyL: come out, come out, wherever you are!

Edited by EvilDrSomkid

I must admit, I get a real chuckle out of these kind of posts, and there have been quite a few lately, most with similar themes, similar post counts and similar endings. Coincidence?

Whats also quite entertaining is all the responses offering advice...when we all know that Zippy the Pinhead will not listen to any advice, will make the dumbest decision possible and end up blaming Thai women when he finally figures out that Somchai isn't actually her brother, those other farangs on her phone aren't exactly ex's and she doesn't even own a Buffalo.

Son, I have no advice for you because I like seeing stupid people implode...so if you do anything, can you keep us updated....even though I know how it will end, it's like a timeless story that I can hear over and over again and still laugh out loud.

=======

So many issues, Tommy:

First, if you don't stay here, they are not yours.

Second, "She is Thai." It's not easy to know what that means. My g/f for example is Thai, Thai ID, born in Thailand, Mom is Thai, grandparents are Thai, Father is Thai, but she is Lisu and gets really mad if u use her Thai name, which I use often. Some people choose to identify with their tribes, some with their ID Card, and some flip flop back and forth.

Third, None of them are independent. Situations like yours mean that you know that your voice is not the only one to which she listens. This is bad. The only way you can deal with your situation is to remove her from other voices, isolate yours, and keep it that way until she loves you.

Fourth, My g/f and I have a serious problem, that when I leave her, she won't talk to me. Mostly because she goes home, and the Lisu mountain is full of women who are,were, or going into prostitution. So when you talk to prostitutes, you hear prostitute thinking and vocabulary.

Fifthly, if she is from a good family, they will isolate her FOR YOU. My g/f's mother lies, and I know she lies, she knows too. The best simple trick you might consider is this:

a. learn the difference between "jing jing," and "Kwarm jing."

b. if anybody used the term "farang" they are calling u a fruit to be peeled, and it's best you show them a picture of a fruit to be peeled, and look at Thai2English and see the options for foreigner. give her the list.

c. most of us give too much money at the start, and get mad later. I am mad now, but I give nothing to anybody, and they know it now. When I was in the hospital, she was on the mtn, and her family did nothing to help me, and they now know that my heart towards them is "kang" (hard).

d. When they love you, they will be with you, no matter how much money u have, don't have, give, don't give. But in your situation she sees you, most likely as going to refill the wallet and come back with play money. I suggest u move here, or stay there. Play money is for toys, and she probably perceives herself as a toy.

Cannot understand my girlfriend which is thai sometimes (or most of the times) :D

Sorry, couldn't be arsed to read any of that BS, just the ''Is she cheating on me'' bit. If you need to ask in a public forum, then yes, she is. And from personal experience I can tell you, yes, she does like it up the Gary Glitter. Mmmmmmmmmmmmmmm .... warm and smooth :-)

Perhaps your post was not appropriate! but dam_n funny all the same :):D:D:D:D:D

Sorry OP, it was funny!

It's going to end in tears. :D

Tears of joy?

My understanding is that many TV members have companion critters. I don't know about others but here in my crib, I can't even close the door to the bathroom without having a commotion with a 4 legged item demanding to know what is going on. Unless an inspection is allowed, I am not left in peace. I am not allowed to shut the bedroom door at night or else there is wailing and scratching. This doesn't allow for romantic exchanges at the best of times, so I shudder to think of the consequences if I try to sneak Miss Thang back into my Chamber of Carnal Coupling. Having a furry ball parked in the middle of the bed doesn't help either, particularly when you get that pathetic sigh he makes if I inadvertently move my leg as a pillow from his head. And don't even suggest a secret hideaway. I can't go to a store without a neighbour seeing me or the guard taking note.

Yea, so please tell me how you can pull off having an affair.

The fact is though that what I've written above is exactly how it goes.

Meaning, it's how it goes for you.

I would imagine the majority of expats that have lived in Thailand for many years would have the totally opposite experience.

You mean that all the expats you know have Thai wives, or partners, that have paid for the house, condo and car and give you a monthly stipend. Have you ever heard of the term 'and pigs might fly'.

How quick people here have labelled

Most Thais do not want to go/move other country. Thais are not like that. Remember Thai Rak Thai. For them, their country is number 1, and the place they want to live. Family always comes first, and to be abroad and far from family is unberable for most of them. Thais are freezing cold when the temp drop to 25C. Then the foreign food and language.

So many reasons for them to not want go/live other country.

This should be printed out for every foreigner who tries to take a Thai girl to his home country, to aviod later sadness.

Talking from experience there are we Nissan? What later sadness would that be?

I suspect the girls gb57 mentions are from a certain segment of Thai society, the ones some dumb guys marry and only find out later she has 2 kids in tow she never told him about, and in some cases still has a husband in tow.

Yes what gb57 says is true, but the opposite is also true, in the past month I have spoken to two Thai women who live abroad, and are happy to do so, so much in fact they have no intention of ever living here again, there main reason for not wanting to come back, family.

Personally my wife cant wait to leave here, and it wont be sadness she feels when we leave.

Sure. I've know many Thai woman that live here in NL. But it's like a bridge they have to go over first, before they are more easy minded. In the beginning, it's only fear and panic of wanting to go back to Thailand. Thai are community people.

Ow and @ Tommy: Congratulations, you signed your life transaction boy :) . Get ready with the gold.

I am not going to read more than the OP.

"Girlfriend" and you not being in the country makes me smile. Anyone who says that they have a "girlfriend" when he comes to Thailand every so often for a few weeks or months out of the year is a rube, period. She's not your girlfriend, she is friends with your finances. Forget her and move on.

Seriously, there are only about a million other chicks who will pretend to love you for money, until they get bored or find some other poor sucker.

omg didn't know this topic got so popular :) Anyways she responds to my call every week, its just that she often doesnt answers the call and i have to call her everytime. Thats what bugs me.

To other questions, we met while i was shopping with a friend at Central and she worked at a clothing store.

So my problem is just that she doesnt call herself or calls me up, just me who has to track along to her wishes all the time. Thats what i am stopping now, i want her to get desperate at me as i have been with her :D Will see how it goes.

WE give you the benefit of the doubt. Its not like your gonna admit to meeting her at happy hour at LOLITAS :D

Lolitas has a happy hour????

No one told me. Am I the only sucker that diesn't know about this happy hour.

OP, I'm still waiting for the wedding date so I can arrange the time off work, What day will it be?

Edited by Geekfreaklover

OP, I'm still waiting for the wedding date so I can arrange the time off work, What day will it be?

And what about the honeymoon? Hotel California?

Oh Tommy ....

I can't sleep thinking about the wedding plans & all ..

And have you met all the inlaws ? moma , papa , aunt noi , uncle chai , sisters , brothers , cousins , uncles brothers , aunt's friends , neighbours etc .... could be quite a big family as most thai's have ... i hope they have a 7 eleven in the village and plenty of leo.

What about the honeymoon ? Phuket ? Chang Mai ? Udon Thani ? Se Saket ?

There are so many things to work out in such a short space of time .....

Anyway ... give us the date & i get book my taxi.

It's just like a fairytale ... isn't it !! amazing thailand..

GL :)

yes its between 2-3pm just after most have had their seven chillies bowl of som tam for lunch . BYO bucket of ice

yes its between 2-3pm just after most have had their seven chillies bowl of som tam for lunch . BYO bucket of ice

Thats just nasty Zorro,

But on a lighter note, the Lolitas in Hua Hin offeres a freebie if you beat the girl playing pool downstairs.

I coudln't believe it. Pool booze and a bit of hows ya father!! For next to nothing in the wallet department..