Sharing Boundary Wall Costs

I am planning to build a boundary wall around my property. My land and my 2 neighbours hold chanote deeds.

My questions are;

1 Can the wall be built exactly along the line-that is half in each property?

2 As the neighbour benefits/shares, are there regulations re consultation on design and especially cost sharing?

Could anyone with similar experience please advise, thanks

Regret Laws and regulations don't mean anything here and no one at the local planning office s going to get very excited about your wall. If it's of any interest here is what I would do.

Build it on your property then it is your wall. Ask the neighbours nicely if they would like to contribute to the cost, if not then you have no choice but to leave the wall un rendered on their side as to render it there you would have to go on their property.

Edited by Rimmer

I am planning to build a boundary wall around my property. My land and my 2 neighbours hold chanote deeds.

My questions are;

2 As the neighbour benefits/shares, are there regulations re consultation on design and especially cost sharing?

Fully echo what Rimmer says. Remember, doing it this way, it is YOUR wall. Don't worry about the neighbours pinching a few inches of 'extra' land by using your wall. After all, if they want to make it look nice, they can't render it - it's yours! Let them build their own wall!

It's all silly, isn't it? But that's life here.

My questions are;

My wifes property is a corner plot with a boundary wall, the properties to the rh side and to the rear also have a boundary wall on their properties, the walls have a distance of about 2 inches between them, our wall is higher than both neighbours.

Dont think putting your wall on someone elses property is a starter.

Put it this way, if you asked my wife to contribute to the cost of your wall I know what the answer would be, she would also advise you to make sure the wall stayed on your property.