Visitor Visa Cm

all4one,

Im sure someone else will be able to give you the defnitve informtion but im almost certain that the only UK enbassy in Thailand is in Bangkok and therefore it is only possible to apply for a visa there. However i do know from experience that you can send all relevent information to the embassy and do not have to attend at any point, only the applicant is needed.

Having gone through this process succesfully myself, i would be happy to give you any adviceor tips if this is neccersary.

Cheers

Rolo

There is only one embassy in any country - and that embassy is normally located in the capital city. But an embassy does not issue visas - that is done by a consulate - and they may be co located with an embassy and at other locations in a country.

The UK has a very good website and all visa forms are available for download - believe they offer drop box and mail service as well as queue type service but from a quick read it is only done at the consulate/embassy location in Bangkok. There is an honorary consulate in Chiang Mai but it appears there primary function may be to help UK nationals in distress if my reading is correct, but you could give them a call to find out for sure.

Chiang Mai

British Honorary Consul

198 Bumrungraj Road

Muang, Chiang Mai 50000

Thailand

Tel: +66 (0) 53 263015

Fax: +66 (0) 53 263014

Email: [email protected]