Tv Reality Contestant Drowns On Film

churchill

A CONTESTANT on a Pakistani reality TV show has drowned while performing a challenge for the programme.

Fareshte Aslam, a spokeswoman for Unilever Pakistan, the show's sponsor, said yesterday that Saad Khan, 32, was swimming across a lake while wearing a 15lbs backpack when he called out for help and then disappeared underwater.

Horrified contestants and crew rushed to try to save him but could not find him in the lake in the Thai capital of Bangkok, where the show was being filmed.

Divers later recovered his body.

Unilever Pakistan accepts no liability for Khan's death, but Ms Aslam said the company plan to provide for Khan's wife and four children "out of rightness".

http://news.scotsman.com/world/TV-reality-...s-on.5601945.jp

This is Thailand for sure it will happen again !! No common sense here :)

Pakistani crew for a Pakistani network.

And to save costs it is doubtful they had any divers (with or without cameras) along side him. Doesn't even seem like they had a trailing boat?

Its about time they scrapped making all of these global reality crap tv shows . Sad that someone lost a life trying to better himself financially for his family at the expence of the Company producing such drivel . As for compensation , how many rupees will they get , not much I fear.

Its about time they scrapped making all of these global reality crap tv shows . Sad that someone lost a life trying to better himself financially for his family at the expence of the Company producing such drivel . As for compensation , how many rupees will they get , not much I fear.

Why would a Pakistani company working in Thailand pay anyone in Rupees?

"Unilever Pakistan accepts no liability for Khan's death, but Ms Aslam said the company plan to provide for Khan's wife and four children "out of rightness".

Sounds like somebody is feeling guilty or just scared of bad publicity.

Brigante7.

Hello, my prayers to the victim and his family. Are there any laws to protect people from negligence or was this a result of poor swimming skills as he had free choice to be in the water? This is another reason I will not watch any reality shows, but I understand that people want a better life for their families so they take risks.

Hello, my prayers to the victim and his family. Are there any laws to protect people from negligence or was this a result of poor swimming skills as he had free choice to be in the water? This is another reason I will not watch any reality shows, but I understand that people want a better life for their families so they take risks.

He was wearing a backpack loaded with 15 pounds in it. It's a struggle for most people to swim with just clothes on as extra.

I'm shocked people are even surprised he went under with that kind of extra load for a race.