Where To Buy Quality Power Generator

gvallee2

just enough for my computer, 30" monitor and my internet modem? that automaticly loads up when the power goes off

What you need is a UPS.

They are available in any good computer store and they can advise you on the size needed, but basically the bigger caqpacity the longer the battery will last. LCD monitors draw a lot less power than the older CRT type

If your PC is left unattended then try to get one with automatic shutdown software for your operating system. This will tell the PC to do a controlled shutdown when the UPS battery is getting low during long pwer outages.

APC is a good international brand

Pretty much any webshop should have a large variety of UPS products, including ours, however an UPS is probably the heaviest product that you can get, so shipping costs are pretty steep :)

I guess if you live in Bangkok there should be plenty of shops that could sell you a quality UPS. And as posted above, APC is the world leading brand and has been around for many many years, even from before computers even existed I believe.

but i would need a good store for that because i only know pantip and im at 3 bad experiences there as of now

thnx

Give Pantip another try because I've never had problem one with any shops. Another option is IT mall in Fortune Town or Seacon Square.

When you buy don't go cheap buy a good unit made by APC or Leonics and don't be talked into something else by a slick saleman.

My Leonics has been running for 6 years and only needed a battery replacement during that time. I went the cheap route on the first UPS and it didn't last a year.

I bought a PCM 1000 which can manage 2 PC's, internet connection protection and software to monitor the system. Had it for a few years, had to replace the battery one time, simple procedure. Got it at IT City. It seems to be better than the APC I had before.

and when the UPS goes flat (due to extended power outage) buy a Tiger gen set. The are a 2 stroke small sized gen set like the Honda ones we used to use years ago. They cost about 5,000 Baht and last about 4 hours per tank of gas more than enough for most power outages ...

but i would need a good store for that because i only know pantip and im at 3 bad experiences there as of now

thnx

I use Pantip Plaza and never had a problem, I guess you must have picked the wrong stores out of the zillions there, they are not all bad.

It seems like APC and Leonics are the best locally available UPS units. The question is whether or not the APC units are worth the premium cost. What's the verdict?

thanni.com sells APC and shop4thai sells Leaonics

I have an ancient (and very expensive) APC on-line UPS, it's on at least its 4th set of batteries (brought from the UK without batteries), and will likely go on for many years. APC are THE UPS company.

I also have a Thai-made Syndome which also seems fine, it runs the telly and home theatre and for a domestic application I see no issues. It has USB so it can tell your PC the shut down when the batteries fade and a built in AVR so it's not constantly going on battery whenever there's a brownout. At about $250 significantly cheaper than the APC too :)

Get an idea of what's available and costs here http://www.shop4thai.com/en/category/Perip...=139&aps=40