Checks On Foreign Business Tieups In Phuket

george

DSI looks into 'foreign' land ownership

16 plots in Phuket under investigation

Writer: ACHADTAYA CHUENNIRAN AND THAI NEWS AGENCY

Published: 4/09/2009 at 12:00 AM

Newspaper section: NewsThe Department of Special Investigation is asking local land authorities to investigate 16 plots in Phuket it suspects may be controlled by foreign interests.

The plots are owned by five property developers.

Most of the land covering thousands of rai is in tambon Rawai in Muang district, Phuket Land Office chief Paithoon Lerdkrai said yesterday.

The five companies are among 61 land developers nationwide which are being investigated by the DSI for suspected irregular land holdings.

The investigation follows a study by the Thailand Research Fund which claimed about 90% of beach property in Phuket was controlled by foreigners through Thai proxies. Holdings in other tourist provinces are also being investigated.

continued

postlogo.jpg

-- Bangkok Post 04/09/09

• Replies 154
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

And as the nationalists engage in a who has the smallest willy and biggest mouth competition, the money stays away.

How much would one falang bring to thailand if retiring at 55, buying a condo (remember, he mentioned condos) and having his life savings and pension sent to thialand for life?

If they havn't put off 1000 retirees and prospective expats with this <deleted> each week, they will be lucky.

Keep talking boys and keep thailand in the third world for generations to come.

Looking around the country and on dating websites, there can't be many Thai women not wishing for a falang to save them from this limp dicked mob.

Also Animatic, remember that FBA and the extreme version that was never enacted, were put up following the coup. It's this yellow mob that will ruin the country and much of this is to recoup their losses from Airport closures and three years of self inflicted turmoil.

By all reports of longer term residents than I,

it was just one more round of a standard periodic

nationalist burp, and was never expected to go far.

And much of this nominee talk was a DIRECT repercussion of

Thaksin using many nominees to sell Shin to Temasek.

He gave a previously standard business practice a very bad name.

They obviously felt a need to close that loop hole, and when worried most countries

wave the nationalist flag grandly for a spell. This is definitely not a yellow only kind of thing.

This is a scared people kinda thing. Circle the wagons and hope for the best.

As things get better they then relax. Lets hope things improve.

Edited by animatic

I'm sorry to say it, but the business of Phuket wouldnt be anywhere close to the quality or diversity without the farang joint thing. Of course, 15000 nudle shops with the 4900 wheel-cap shops next to them would have some novelty, but ...

:):D

:) whats so funny is the banner adds on this post build a home in Thailand

never been a good idea but its getting worse not only do you have to screen your partner but the Thai government is becoming more anti western month buy month

Vietnam is booming compared to the backward ideas on investment from Thai government

It's funny that you mention Vietnam! I had never been there and went for the first time, three weeks ago. What a wonderful time I had!

I went to Saigon and was SOOOOOO impressed! Everyone spoke some basic English, and most people had excellent English skills. The people were educated, neat, clean, and bustling with conversation and activities. The city was clean, well organized, well maintained and VERY western friendly. It was a joy traveling around the city (they gave me a free map at the airport when I got off the plane!); there were signs in English everywhere and everyone was helpful and smart. The taxies were cheap and the drivers were all very competant, friendly and spoke English. The place was BOOMING with tourists! I had not seen tourists like that in 5+ years. That is where all the tourists are going!

The tourists and foreigners are not fleeing here because of swine flu or messed up baggage at the airport. They are fleeing here because this place is being run into the ground and is making less sense by the day. Life is not very comfortable here anymore, and there are greener pastures. Vietnam is looking pretty good, and I plan to vacation there again soon to start making decisions about my next step.