Isuzu Mu-7 2006 Model

gouda

hi,

interested in this model,

can anyone tell me how this compares to the primo?

tia

Hard question, not sure but I guess they made a couple of different models 2006

Try Emailing ISUZU and be specific, they can surely tell you.

Not joking here the thai companies seems really keen on answering Emails!

I got 2 replies to a simple question, one via phone the next day, and also got the same answer in my mail.

EDIT: Found this on Wikipedia.

The Isuzu MU-7 is a Pickup-based Passenger Vehicle (PPV) based on the Isuzu D-Max chassis and offers a seven-seat arrangement. Basically, the MU-7 has the same front fascia as the D-Max, but has a covered rear end instead of a truck bed. It is only available in Thailand and the Philippines. In the Philippines this model is called the Isuzu Alterra.

Since early launch, the drivetrain choices are 4x2 and 4x4. All come with one engine: the 3.0 4JJ1-TC DDi iTEQ engine.

Special suspension set which exclusively reserved for all MU-7 is called MOVE suspension. Front: Double Wishbone, torsion bar, anti-roll bar, gas-type shock absorber. Rear: SUV-typed leaf springs via gas-type shock absorber.

In the late third quarter of 2006, the MU-7 range of models was updated and separated as Primo (4x2) and Activo (4x4). With a new 3.0 4JJ1-TCX DDi iTEQ , new transmissions were implemented as well: MUA5H 5 speed manual and MaxMatic-III automatic transmission. Also new was the interior, incorporating a console with wood decoration and new "best" seat upholstery.

And just as for the Gold Series and D-Max, both MU-7 Primo GS and Activo GS also receive gold Isuzu badges in 3 locations. GS models also come equipped with a new navigation entertainment system incorporating a new reverse assist (with camera from Kenwood), all optional since early 2008. Primo and Activo received Wide Vision blind-spot rear view mirror. Also added was the additional new low cost 4x2 model, the S (with DDI ITEQ 3.0 litre (146 PS)) which is priced below the Primo.

MU-7 Platinum models commenced on market by 1st November. Frontal changed a bit by platinum tone. Revamped fenders and side trims (by lower tone). But emphasized much in inner accessories. Such as new DVD/VCD/MP3/DiVX player with 2 USB slots via 8.1' touch-screen, built-in Bluetooth and Graphic Equalizer function. All this applied to highline Primo and Activo models. All models also received platinum painted engines. MOVE suspension for Activo and Primo also retooled. S model receives automatic transmission as optional.

Tommy

Edited by 63Tommy1

hi,

interested in this model,

can anyone tell me how this compares to the primo?

tia

If you don't really need 4-wheel drive, take 2-wheel drive, cheaper to drive and a bit less noise.

The 5-speed manual is also cheaper to drive.

Maybe you could have a look at Thairung?

They also have a model with the 2500 engine and five-speed manual.

I like the Thairung model, looks better as the MU.