Farang Robs Siam City Bank

PoorSucker

Wow Thai visa has to be one of the harshest most negative forums on the web. It seems like 90% of posts on most subjects are so negative. There is not even any evidence against this guy and he is hung out to dry. Is there anyone out there who can just say "I don't know what happened". So many expert opinions. How about we wait and see what happens and what evidence they come up with. This is just pointless speculation.

• Replies 301
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

It's strange the other day, there was a topic on here comparing Brits abroad in various countrys, the number of yanks that jumped on the band wagon taking the opportunity to give us a Brit bashing, "all the brits are scum", "all the brits are trouble-makers", "why don't the brits stay in their own country". (ha! - I haven't heard of any of them robbing banks, I remember a German guy doing it in Chonburi 6yrs back, and I remember a Norwegian holding up a gold store in Pattaya)

The number of people who come to this country and live on the bread-line is unbelievable, and in my line of business I see them all, so I can safely say there is definately a majority of one nation that pass through my doors who live in this situation (let's just say they didn't live the AMERICAN DREAM). My question is why do they do it to themselves, if you call living in Paradise - living out your life in a little box, not even a motorbike for transport, and penny pintching at every eatery (down the road its only 25bt, so why are you charging me 30bt), you really should be thinking of heading home, you are embarrasing yourself and your home-nation. All these people that I have come across, seem to be within 'the working age' have 2 legs & arms, and seem perfectly able. So go home, get a job, and come back when your life's in order, and stop inflicting your miserable way of life on the rest of us.

Way to many sad individuals in this country, spoiling it for the rest of us.

And to pre-empt anybody sticking up for these saddos and saying "look, some people just get dealt a bad hand", success is a journey not a destination. The problem with most of these low-lifes they haven't learnt to accept responsibility for their actions and love to blame others for their pit-falls, until they accept responsibility for their actions, their lives will never improve.

I always find it fascinating when an intelligent and educated person looks past the ignorance of some that prejudice a conversation by stereotyping a country because of one ignorant person. What is even worse is when they indirectly point at an American… So I am guessing with such a large number, like 300 people dieing in one year riding motorcycles and they are all Brits, should one reasonable think that all Brits are ignorant….No!, but one could conclude that Americans are just better drivers….and not as good at robbing banks.

Many members on this forum seem to display an irrational jealousy of Americans. :)

I am a firm believer in giving a test to all who want to come to Thailand before they get on the plane, weed out the fools and misfits. This is no place to be without a brain.

The planes would be empty

The bars would be empty

The beaches would be empty

BTW: did you pass the test ? :D

LaoPo

You beat me to it! LOL.

'Have you ever done something wrong or illegal?'

Yes, not all could pass this test. Even multiple choice. :D

I have sadly met several fellow countrymen,

who would have checked yes, and flunked at the border. :)

Alcohol/drugs have a significant relationship to crime, not to say it is relevant in this particular case. Additionally, alcohol/drug addiction affects everyone democratically; high IQ. low IQ, rich, poor

To conclude male Brits have problems based on events of those that are involved in motorcycle accidents in Thailand is not valid. = skewed sample.

Nothing wrong at all with being a Rhoades Scholar.

What a plank he was,

We had a Farang on Koh Phangan try the same 3 years ago, he walk in the door and didn't see the security guard behind the post, and before he even got to the counter he was knocked out cold, tasers are a wonderful thing. ZAP and your out cold. I was across the street when we had all five of our very fine un-corruptible police officers turn up and drag him off in the back of the pick-up.

We live on an island, where's he going to go? Yet another crazy plank.

You have to be very desperate to do something like that in a foreign country, but at least he goes knowing that the correctional facility in Thailand is wonderful place, he'll think he's in Club Med.

Stupidity is world's biggest commodity. He was probably too long in Thailand and got used to the Thai customs. He will meet lot of people in jail the next 6 tot 9 years who had the same plan. I must admit that I always wondered what would happen when real bankrobbers did the job. ATM's are filled without guards present, tens of millions of baht are laying for everybody to see in the open in banks. But I guess we have to wait on the next robbery gone wrong to wonder a bit more.

Luckily for him he did not got shot.

don't hang him out to dry yet... He has not been convicted, he has not been ID by people in the bank... Lets wait on the DNA test of the clothes before we hold the pitchforks.

And if the police (or whomever) need a culprit to save face or for whatever other reason, do you think that a DNA report showing the suspect's DNA on the clothes will be fair and conclusive? It's very easy to...errr..."accidentally" contaminate samples with DNA.

don't hang him out to dry yet... He has not been convicted, he has not been ID by people in the bank... Lets wait on the DNA test of the clothes before we hold the pitchforks.

It would have been nice to include this information in the original post. But what are you talking about DNA profiling in Thailand. I am afraid that the police is doing DNA profiling only in their dreams and that means that he is already convicted anyhow.

It's Thailand he was convicted the moment he was seen walking the street. 98% of the people on here have already convicted him also they have the same line of thought as the thai authorities.

Pretty dumb thing to do and he is in BIG trouble for a relatively small amount of money.

I wonder if the Sri Lanken guy (Tony?) has offered his services to mediate between the bank and "Little Big Man?" Or maybe the robbery took place in a police district outside Tony's jurisdiction. Pity... :)

What a plank he was,

We had a Farang on Koh Phangan try the same 3 years ago, he walk in the door and didn't see the security guard behind the post, and before he even got to the counter he was knocked out cold, tasers are a wonderful thing. ZAP and your out cold. I was across the street when we had all five of our very fine un-corruptible police officers turn up and drag him off in the back of the pick-up.

You have to be very desperate to do something like that in a foreign country, but at least he goes knowing that the correctional facility in Thailand is wonderful place, he'll think he's in Club Med.

So what are you telling us? A Farang walked into a bank, approached the counter and was tasered? For what? If he didn't even reach the counter - what did he do?

post-128-1251906510_thumb.png

An American is arrested Wednesday for robbing Siam City Bank Plc's Future Park Rangsit branch in Pathum Thani and run away with Bt146,000 Wednesday.

The man allegedly jumped over a counter, grabbed the sum and ran away.

He was later arrested.

nationlogo.jpg

-- The Nation 2009-09-02

Not too bright. I can think of better places to spend my remaining days than locked up in some Thai prison.

Glad you are not a Thai judge.

Bank could not describe him, could be man or woman.

A fifty year old jumping over a bank counter?

No gun found, no money found

No cctv in bank? Why was hooded person not apprehended before leaving the bank? or at least followed, thye would then have got the man and the money.

No, Ian . Either this is bad reporting or iot stinks. Either way don't hang him just yet

What a plank he was,

So what are you telling us? A Farang walked into a bank, approached the counter and was tasered? For what? If he didn't even reach the counter - what did he do?

Maybe he wanted to take his money out and leave Thailand.

I am a firm believer in giving a test to all who want to come to Thailand before they get on the plane, weed out the fools and misfits. This is no place to be without a brain.

I like you last sentence, your statement is flaunted by a large part of the visitors and population as well. hahaha

A few things as reported in this story don't make any sense here...

--He had a gun, but the bank security guards and staff chased him and restrained him, until he pepper sprayed them??? Are you going to chase and restrain a guy with a gun???

--No mention of him having the cash on him. Yet the report makes it seem like he was captured soon after the heist...

--No mention if he was arrested in possession of a gun.

--No mention of what made the bank staff think this guy was the hooded, anonymous guy who robbed their bank...

Nowhere in the report did it mention that the robber had a gun - just pepper spray.

Apart from that, yes this doesn't make sense, but maybe it's just bad reporting. You would have thought that the number 1 question that the reporters would ask the police is "Did he have nearly 150,000 Baht in cash on him?"

If he didn't have the cash on him, the bank staff are not even sure if it was a man or not, the robber did not speak, then they've basically arrested a man for taking a walk !!

Surely there must be more evidence than that he was found walking near where the clothes were abandoned???

Actually it did inply that. See George's report , around 22 I think

He was arrested for armed robbery

sum num naa you american <deleted>. some people cant afford to live here but wont fuc_king go home and wake up...

Sounds sort of like the attitude taken by some Thais and perhaps Thai Immigration towards ALL farang. Your prejudice is no different. Happy now?

I did a visa run with this guy. We clicked based on being from the states. Weird thing was he seemed to have 3 or more names he went by, I was living in the land of paradise and did not notice but now seeing this news I see he had big scam plans. His unemployment ran out, I cannot confirm this although he made it seem like someone from the states was signing his claim forms and mailing them back while he lived on the dole (I wanted to do this but did not have the balls). He thought he could teach English, bang bar girls and live like a king; he should have known he left the best nation on earth to end up in a Thai jail, classic. After doing a quick search on his background I found that his family has enough money to take care of this. Yes, he may spend time in jail although he has some resources that the typical criminal does not. I hope he eats chicken bone soup with 3 grains of rice each day, and then in 3 to 5 years they send him home, to serve a sentence based on being such an international dildo and national disgrace.

*out of hiding*

You have either been busy doing background checks on the family or you are a troll.

An American cheque cashed in Thailand is returned to the American bank and if it is an unemployment cheque the authorities would find out. I note you said you once had the idea , from abbok of fiction? Troll me thinks

Poor man; I think he was short for cash.

He should have asked.

LaoPo

....or got tired of paying ATM fees....or just got tired of people skipping the line and decided to skip himself :D:D

Probably would have got a great deal more cash for his dash if he knocked off a local 7Eleven, considering the raa-kaa they charge :):D

My Thai newspaper (Daily News) said the police found the money on him.

ตำรวจตรวจค้นในตัวของนาย Harold สุดท้ายพบเงินของกลาง 146,000 บาทซุกซ่อนอยู่ในกางเกงชั้นใน

The police searched Harold's person and eventually found the amount of 146,000 baht hidden in his underpants.

They have to do DNA to connect the cloths to him, the money is missing and no one can do a positive ID. They were busy fighting the man with a gun, then he switched it for pepper spray during the fight and got away,

There was no mention of a gun in the original report. Where did you come up with that one? :)

"armed robbery" from the police report, reported by george. Usually means a gun, but could be knife etc

Did they really write "run away".

Perhaps Thailand should stop worrying about the 49% foreigners own and do criminal checks before issuing visas! Would make it a better place no doubt!

what a nonsense !

most people don't need a Visa to enter Thailand.

and most Western countries have such a thing as "data protection" so they don't hand out personal data quickly.

as long as someone is not on the "WANTED" by his own countries' authorities list or Interpol, there is little chance for that.

A simple 'credit check' could be part of it, along with court records for those escaping child support payments.