Farang Robs Siam City Bank

PoorSucker

I am an American. I don't like stupid people no matter where they come from. When anyone generalizes entire nationalities based on the actions of just a few people makes me cringe. Also makes me think that besides being ignorant they are most likley uneducated as well. Try the Caps Lock there little buddy.

• Replies 301
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

It's strange the other day, there was a topic on here comparing Brits abroad in various countrys, the number of yanks that jumped on the band wagon taking the opportunity to give us a Brit bashing, "all the brits are scum", "all the brits are trouble-makers", "why don't the brits stay in their own country". (ha! - I haven't heard of any of them robbing banks, I remember a German guy doing it in Chonburi 6yrs back, and I remember a Norwegian holding up a gold store in Pattaya)

The number of people who come to this country and live on the bread-line is unbelievable, and in my line of business I see them all, so I can safely say there is definately a majority of one nation that pass through my doors who live in this situation (let's just say they didn't live the AMERICAN DREAM). My question is why do they do it to themselves, if you call living in Paradise - living out your life in a little box, not even a motorbike for transport, and penny pintching at every eatery (down the road its only 25bt, so why are you charging me 30bt), you really should be thinking of heading home, you are embarrasing yourself and your home-nation. All these people that I have come across, seem to be within 'the working age' have 2 legs & arms, and seem perfectly able. So go home, get a job, and come back when your life's in order, and stop inflicting your miserable way of life on the rest of us.

Way to many sad individuals in this country, spoiling it for the rest of us.

And to pre-empt anybody sticking up for these saddos and saying "look, some people just get dealt a bad hand", success is a journey not a destination. The problem with most of these low-lifes they haven't learnt to accept responsibility for their actions and love to blame others for their pit-falls, until they accept responsibility for their actions, their lives will never improve.

This is a good post with which I agree.

I live in Pattaya and it is scary to see the large number of low life, desperate, penniless farangs around.

Could not the Thai authorities do something to rid us of all this scum?

What exactly would you like the Thai authorities to do, drown them in the sea, shoot them through the head, deport anyone who does not adhere to a certain criteria, Tattoo a number and star onto their forehead mein furher !

I am a firm believer in giving a test to all who want to come to Thailand before they get on the plane, weed out the fools and misfits. This is no place to be without a brain.

Do that and at least 50% more would need to leave, If things ever get back to normal, what ever normal is and the flow of Expats and holiday goers pick up, that might not be a bad idea, if you stop all the sick puppies from comming to Thailand, there would not be many of us left or right, show me a place where there are young ladies looking for a meal ticket and your going to have many old farts ready to rumble...

374.bmp

I saw someone started a thread about should prospective forum members be given an IQ test. Maybe that idea could be expanded, every country should give passport applicants an IQ test. :)

What is the point of giving applicants an IQ test as it has nothing to do with common sense and as a mate of mine used to say back in England about a work colleague who was brainy but thick"He can work out the cubic capacity of a jam jar but he cant get the lid off".

Classic and so true for allot of "smart" people.

The original report was unclear.... They said he was arrested for ARMED robbery...

Is pepper spray considered armed robbery here???

Nowhere in the report did it mention that the robber had a gun - just pepper spray.

He used his ARMS to snatch the bag of money.

Another lowlife to give us all a good name...

Don't worry about that because it's about 20 years too late. Just enjoy your stay in Thailand as a "lowlife".

Not all of us are old and bitter tools. 20 years ago I hadn't graduated yet, so...

Poor man; I think he was short for cash.

He should have asked.

LaoPo

....or got tired of paying ATM fees....or just got tired of people skipping the line and decided to skip himself :):D

What a risk for such a small amount. :D

BTW: some banks in BKK don't charge.

Edited by Sturbuc

Where in the United States was this guy from? It is a pretty big country with 50 states and there is often a big difference in people in different regions of the U.S.

Most rudeness comes from Americans on the West Coast - Oregon, Washington, Calif - and the East Coast - NY, Mass., N.J., etc. Not saying the guy was rude - no way of knowing - just mentioning it because so many posters in Thai Visa talk about loud, rude, Americans but usually never met an American that was not from the West or East coasts of the country. People in the South are generally kind, considerate and not rude. Quite different from Northeasterners who more often visit Thailand and spread bad will for all Americans around the world.

where did he think he was america, not too hard to notice a farang running away in rangsit.

but what do expect from an american, there brought up to just take things that are not theres.

Tell us about any politician, in any country in the world that does not "take things that are not theres"? So the guy was an American? With more than 300 million people living in the U.S., if all of them were thieves like Europeans seem to think, could there really be a country left? Do all African Americans steal? Do all Mexicans steal? Do all Chinese steal? Do all Europeans living in the U.S. steal? Or are you referring that White Americans steal - thing they have a right to take things that are not theirs? This guy looked White/Caucasian to me in the photo. Perhaps that is what you meant because it would be quite racist to say that African Americans or Latinos "were brought up to just take things that are not theres." Talk about painting an entire nation with the same wide brush! Don't confuse ALL Americans with their Government? Really, no really, how much control do you have over the politics, the way things are done, in the country of your birth, much less Thailand? Last week it was "hate the British" week, but this week is a 6 year continuous "hate Americans week" which has been going on ever since I joined Thai Visa. And how many Americans do the American haters in Thai Visa REALLY know? Met a few rude, loud Americans from New York, N.J., Michigan, Massachusetts or Calif.? Not much of a true representation of what Americans really are.

where did he think he was america, not too hard to notice a farang running away in rangsit.

but what do expect from an american, there brought up to just take things that are not theres.

Tell us about any politician, in any country in the world that does not "take things that are not theres"? So the guy was an American? With more than 300 million people living in the U.S., if all of them were thieves like Europeans seem to think, could there really be a country left? Do all African Americans steal? Do all Mexicans steal? Do all Chinese steal? Do all Europeans living in the U.S. steal? Or are you referring that White Americans steal - thing they have a right to take things that are not theirs? This guy looked White/Caucasian to me in the photo. Perhaps that is what you meant because it would be quite racist to say that African Americans or Latinos "were brought up to just take things that are not theres." Talk about painting an entire nation with the same wide brush! Don't confuse ALL Americans with their Government? Really, no really, how much control do you have over the politics, the way things are done, in the country of your birth, much less Thailand? Last week it was "hate the British" week, but this week is a 6 year continuous "hate Americans week" which has been going on ever since I joined Thai Visa. And how many Americans do the American haters in Thai Visa REALLY know? Met a few rude, loud Americans from New York, N.J., Michigan, Massachusetts or Calif.? Not much of a true representation of what Americans really are.

And I would wager that the posters that go on and on about "I hate [insert nationality here] are the very same ones who get so worked up when there the slightest inference from a Thai suggesting some sort of negative generalisation regarding farang.

All of you in that camp are small-minded nationalists.

Have to say i agree with you. I'm British and the Americans i've met both here in Thailand and back home have been spot on, friendly and good to talk to. Feel so sad that so many people have such bigotted attitudes towards their fellow man. It seems the more westerners stay in Thailand the more racist they become. Is it a defense mechanism to protect themselves from the percieved xenophic attitude they think Thais carry? - who knows.

But which ever way you paint it racism has no place in any country developed or not

Hello highway.

Are you 1st generation "English"? (Your definition, from a previous post of yours).

Nowhere in the report did it mention that the robber had a gun - just pepper spray.

Actually it did inply that. See George's report , around 22 I think

He was arrested for armed robbery

Armed means to have a weapon and in this case the only weapon mentioned was the pepper spray

I think we all know that if a farang ran into the bank waving his flip flop they'd call it armed robbery........

Pepper spay,knife,batton,gun....its all the same

3 or 4 weeks ago, I needed to go to the bank and HomePro to buy a hammer. I did it in reverse order -- bought the hammer, then went to the bank, because of the direction I was traveling before going home.

Without thinking, I walked into Kasikorn with nothing but a hammer in my hand. All the Thai staff smiled and asked how they could help me. I made a deposit and left without incident.

As I left, I was thinking that in the States, I probably would've been detained and possibly arrested.

Where in the United States was this guy from? It is a pretty big country with 50 states and there is often a big difference in people in different regions of the U.S.

Most rudeness comes from Americans on the West Coast - Oregon, Washington, Calif - and the East Coast - NY, Mass., N.J., etc. Not saying the guy was rude - no way of knowing - just mentioning it because so many posters in Thai Visa talk about loud, rude, Americans but usually never met an American that was not from the West or East coasts of the country. People in the South are generally kind, considerate and not rude. Quite different from Northeasterners who more often visit Thailand and spread bad will for all Americans around the world.

Talk about generalizing! This is like domestic geographic discrimination...shall we call it place-ism instead of racism!

:)

This is really hitting the news now.

When you switch on your computer tomorrow morning and go to news clippings you will see an announcement that Thailand is set to become a hub for crackdowns on bank robberies

To ensure success:

1. banks will no longer have to have cctv installed. The problem with cctv is that it may show a person other than the accused. In this case no cctv is reported. But to be fair we do have a report that the robber was either a man or a woman. That narrows it down so we could wait for the identikit, i suppose, before we convict on the forum.

2. to ensure enough robberies to justify a crackdown security will not apprehend or lock doors to prevent escape. Catching a robber in the very act may mean the right person being caught.

3. as well as a sackful of paperwork including permits, passports, residence certificates etc it is decreed that as from 1 April ( the significance of that date escapes me! :):D ) applicants for bank accounts who are over 50 must pass a fitness test to prove they can vault quickly over counters.

4. as most robbers will be advised to wear masks, for the benefit of photo opportunities for the media, there will be no problem for the authorities losing face - as there will be no recognisable face to lose.

Edited by caf

Talk about generalizing! This is like domestic geographic discrimination...shall we call it place-ism instead of racism!

:)

Call it what you like. I gave my opinion, you gave yours. However, I should have said that the majority of the people I have met from the northeastern U.S. andthe west coast of the U.S were rude and arrogant. And, that is also the opinion of the vast majority of people that I know. Not ALL people or this or that, I certainly should have said "the majority" or the "vast majority." A couple of my best friends that I played golf with for years in Texas (before I moved to Phuket) were Yankees from NY and Mass. Strangely both had lived away from those states for so many years that they came to believe as I do. Again, an opinion.

A few things as reported in this story don't make any sense here...

--He had a gun, but the bank security guards and staff chased him and restrained him, until he pepper sprayed them??? Are you going to chase and restrain a guy with a gun???

--No mention of him having the cash on him. Yet the report makes it seem like he was captured soon after the heist...

--No mention if he was arrested in possession of a gun.

--No mention of what made the bank staff think this guy was the hooded, anonymous guy who robbed their bank...

There was never any report of a gun. People are assuming, incorrectly, that "armed robbery" means he had a gun. "Armed robbery" means he had a weapon, in this case pepper spray.

Edit: Sorry, I see this issue was resolved above.

Edited by Scubabuddha

I saw someone started a thread about should prospective forum members be given an IQ test. Maybe that idea could be expanded, every country should give passport applicants an IQ test. :)

Problem there is many criminals, especially the ones that are good at what they do, have very high I.Q.'s.

Edited by Scubabuddha

Many crimes are commited by persons whom have never commited a crime before

Incorrect, the clear majority of crimes against others in every day life (including but not limited to robbery, assault, burglary, petty theft, car theft etc) is done by repeat-offenders.

That is why preventive measurements are so effective.

One survey amongst solved crimes deducted that 2% of inhabitants in an medium-sized city was responsible for over 90% of the recorded crimes.