My Account Was Hacked And Avatar Defaced

mc2

Unfortunately , yesterday, my account was broken into by a malicious hacker.

I logged in today to see my avatar defaced and replaced by a photo of jerry sienfield. I did not do this.

Anyhow i have changed my password and deleted cookies, in case the malicious hacker stole my cookies or guessed my password. I have also done a virus scan on my pc and its clean.

:):D:D:D:D:D:D:D:P:P

Unfortunately , yesterday, my account was broken into by a malicious hacker.

I logged in today to see my avatar defaced and replaced by a photo of jerry sienfield. I did not do this.

Anyhow i have changed my password and deleted cookies, in case the malicious hacker stole my cookies or guessed my password. I have also done a virus scan on my pc and its clean.

:):D:D:D:D:D:D:D:P:P

Hit {F5} or {CTRL} F5.

Believe it's Mr T hacking all Thailand accounts for his face> (sorry MC2, I don't think you look like Mr T)

Erase your voices on your computer, so you will not get in to MR T's new game.

• 11 months later...

Many of my internet accounts were maliciously hacked recently, and if you can manage to get the IP address you can, after much hard work, find out who was responsible. I did find out, and the guy will be going to jail very soon, as it is a serious crime even here, and he broke 5 laws. The important thing is, don,t give up, even though it may feel that you are shovelling s**t uphill. The hacker always leaves a trail. Good luck.

Couple of times when in CM I have logged into the computers in the likes of Car 4 upstairs eating area (10 bt slots)and have found TV posters accounts still logged on.

Must have been in for breakfast ...too early for me.

Usually send them a quick message and close them down....but you never know ...what if its a bang account ......just be carefull... :o ...ra-wang...

Couple of times when in CM I have logged into the computers in the likes of Car 4 upstairs eating area (10 bt slots)and have found TV posters accounts still logged on.

Must have been in for breakfast ...too early for me.

Usually send them a quick message and close them down....but you never know ...what if its a bang account ......just be carefull... :o ...ra-wang...

A Bang account is that for banging...............Can I have one :D

Nice old thread. Pity ole mc2 is banned, I wonder what name he is posting under now? :lol:

I think that listing a member as banned is the only way the mods can close an account.

My account was hacked into a couple of years back and when I alerted the mods I was told it my account couldn't be hacked into, there was no attempt to track who had done it, they agreed, after a lot of persuasion, to close the account but just listed it as banned. I know who it was but don't know how she did it, she also got into my Hotmail and Gmail accounts, again I don't know how, nor can I prove it.

It was reported to the police but they were no help, and I thought it was a serious offence.

Edited by theoldgit

Nice old thread. Pity ole mc2 is banned, I wonder what name he is posting under now? :lol:

I think that listing a member as banned is the only way the mods can close an account.

My account was hacked into a couple of years back and when I alerted the mods I was told it my account couldn't be hacked into, there was no attempt to track who had done it, they agreed, after a lot of persuasion, to close the account but just listed it as banned. I know who it was but don't know how she did it, she also got into my Hotmail and Gmail accounts, again I don't know how, nor can I prove it.

It was reported to the police but they were no help, and I thought it was a serious offence.

My old friend, there is absolutely no way you could be mc2 (if thats what you are trying to tell me) because it would also appear that his account was hacked into a couple of years ago (by the date of this thread).

If she got into your hotmail and gmail accounts then the hacking was not done on our end, which is probably what you were told. It had to have been done from your computer and not through Thaivisa.

If she got into your hotmail and gmail accounts then the hacking was not done on our end, which is probably what you were told. It had to have been done from your computer and not through Thaivisa.

I never thought it was done your end, but neither could it have been done from my computer as the person I believe accessed my various account had no access to it, and was a couple of hundred kms away. The linked email address had been changed to that of the person I believed to have accessed my account, I asked if the ISP could be identified and was advised that it couldn't.

I suspect she, or somebody acting for her, managed to access the accounts remotely, just wish I knew how.

The hacking of my TV was just a nuisance really, but the access of the others were more serious.

Edited by theoldgit

The only possible ways to hack a hotmail account are

1) A key logger might be installed on the machine, letting the user know what keys have been pressed in the past

and

2) Identity theft: This is basically working out or stealing passwords. A common one on accounts like hotmail is the security question such as "Name of pet". Some people leave a glaringly obvious answer yet still wonder how others access their account.

Either that, or you may just have the computer set to "Remember me", meaning that your account is signed in automatically.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

One thing a lot of people mistakenly do is leave password reminders etc in their Hotmail/GMail/etc inbox. Hotmail in particular is not secure and access can be bought (via Indian service centre's selling the passwords - just try a few googles there are Indian 'companies' openly selling passwords to most online email - some ask you to say in an email that its your kids acciunt or your own, but no checking is done). So morale of the story never leave anything incriminating or secure in your inbox - its asking for trouble.

There are also browser add-ons (such as FF - asterosk remover) that reveals passwords under the ****** hidden field (its also very easy to do with an address bar javascript command) - so access to your computer can be dangerous - always secure your account and if you must let someone use your computer,use a different log in account with restricted access.

Keyloggers are easily found by most virus checkers these days - though hardware ones are not so easy - though visible as they will be plugged in to the computer.

• Like 1