Electric Shock Fence Supply Store?

Svenn

ok it is not a simple case of a step down in the volts.

here is what an electric fience does, it sends out a pulse of high volts and very very low amps, the pulse means that if you get a shock you dont lock on to the wires and get fried. you get the jolt and your muscles twitch and pull away from the wire, (even if you pee on them!!) this is the safety side of things.

you need to get a special box that has a plug to go to the wall and it then has one terminal for ground and one terminal for the live wire. MAKE SURE THEY ARE WELL GROUNDED and that your house is well grounded.

Testing your electric fence, use a blade of grass and touch that to the fence, DO NOT USE YOUR HAND (or pee on it) or you will really know all about it :)

we used them in NZ a lot for the farming side of things so this advice is based on that experience, many a time I have made the mistake of bumping into one and before you ask yes I also made the mistake of peeing on an electric fence, it seems to be some farm thing that at some time in childhood you pee on the fence, it is normally the first and last time it is EVER done in your life!!!

you can get some strong systems and they do give you a good belt !!!! so much so that I have a LOT of respect for them so take the advice and be careful when you get it up and running. but I bet you touch it just to see hahahah

great reply. but i still dont know what box to buy. what are the specs i am looking for?

and yes, i have experienced 220v into the body. i didnt think it was that bad actually. i guess thats part of the reason for my ignorance on this issue. I promise i will work fast to fix this. :).

Well, you will want to find one that suits your needs,

You will need one that can run on 220v or you will need a stepdown unit also

Do you want battery backup? or even solar powered, no need to worry about powerloss or stepdowns.

Do you want a trip alarm ( alarm if wire is cut or powerloss)

How powerfull do you want it, they have many joule sizes.

Use your judgement then error on the side of caution.

Anything under 15watts or 15joules should do fine.

My neighbor just spent ~125,000 baht for an electric fence around his small resort. Last night some Cambodians just threw a blanket over the wire and scampered right on over.

Nothing will stop someone who is determined to get in...

My neighbor just spent ~125,000 baht for an electric fence around his small resort. Last night some Cambodians just threw a blanket over the wire and scampered right on over.

How true this is the first thing I thought of when looking at this thread. As the saying goes "locks are for honest people".

• 2 weeks later...

I had hoped to ascertain how the fence in question was installed and some details about it's construction.

That aside I wish to point out that if an electric security fence is properly designed and installed one cannot simply throw a blanket over it without setting off the alarm.

It is however true that

• 2 months later...
I ordered on in from ebay. Was 1500bht for the power unit 110/230v and 1500bht for 300m of wire + connectors.

Have yet to install it, as I will be building a new fence.

I talked to the top brass in my area and was told I only needed to clearly post signs on all 4 sides of the fence at a space of no more the 20m apart.

I will install this as i had a couple young boys pop over the fence a few months back, motion lights came on and I caught them, to be true a couple pieces of rock salt did.

Next time they will have a shock'n experience. May need to install camera to catch the look on there face when they touch it.

Hallo,

I live in Thailand too. Where you buy your equipment? Ebay Thailand or Germany? Which Typ you Order? Can you give me the address of ther online shop?

Many thanks in advance

Heike

• 3 weeks later...
I guess it's too bad for illiterate people or people who suffer dyslexia. I suppose the next comment is "Why are illiterate or dyslexic people climbing my fence?". The answer to this could be unknown but at the end of the day, if anybody dies due to a heart condition (or some other problem), who will pay?

An electric fence for cattle is ok in a rural area but in most "western" countries, electric fences that are used to prevent crime, are illegal.

Why would anybody climb anybody's fence? A big sign with large lightening symbol might help fighting off the argument.