Who Is Tony?

jingjingna

I don't live in Pattaya but each time I have been there I have seen poster signs of Tony's Gym ...Tony with huge biceps, and somewhere else I've seen Tony's Foodcourt...during the day time, just passing by in tha car...and then there is Tony's refuge center for stray dogs...and now I'm reading about Tony's Tents...seems this Tony guy has really made a big impact in Pattaya business wise. Who is Tony? Just curious, could not care two hoots otherwise :)

I understand that Tony's mother was a Thai and he and his family settled here from Italy about 40 years ago when Pattaya was a sleepy fishing village with one store and one bar and one nightclub and that they bought up land really cheaply and developed a 'Tony's Empire' which is highly successful and full of great deals and offers huge enjoyment and is highly respected by all, including the Pattaya Police Dept.

Do I win a Snickers?

This reads more like ironic satire, but here's what I found at Tony's Empire

Pattaya stories

Tony’s Empire

Don’t tell me you have never been to Tony’s or even heard of Tony. You can’t get to Pattaya without seeing or hearing about Tony’s. His signs are everywhere. There are huge signs on the sides of buildings and there are little sticker signs on walls and street posts and kiosks everywhere you look. You just can’t miss the advertising about Tony’s. There are ads in most magazines and papers in Bangkok and Pattaya including this paper.

His empire covers the Tony’s Disco in Bangkok, where thousands of people from the city and the world go to meet and mingle. There is the Tony’s Disco in Pattaya. There is Tony’s Hollywood at Sea, where Tony goes Hollywood. There is Tony’s bus that shuttles between Pattaya and Bangkok.

Try this. Go to Walking Street about 10 p.m. to midnight. Do you notice that most of the people are walking towards Tony's Disco who is located at the far end of walking street from beach road? That is because they know something you don’t. The people start to go to Tony’s Disco more and more as the evening progresses. I think some people either have a dinner or go to a Go Go or maybe do some shopping or just sight seeing before they finally go to Tony’s Disco.

So what is it that is so attractive about Tony’s Disco? Well, that’s an easy question to answer, once you’ve been there. It’s the people. It’s the music. It’s the girls. It’s the guys. It’s the food. It’s the excitement. It’s the big club atmosphere. It’s the international crowd of people. Yes, Sir, it’s all these things and more.

Let’s face it. Twenty-seven million people can’t be wrong. So get your glad rags on and your dancing shoes on and boogie on down the road to that wild and wonderful place called Tony’s.

So, is that all there is? Heck! No! If you really want to empress somebody, go to Tony’s Hollywood at Sea. Can you imagine going out to the old pier at the beginning of Walking Street and taking a speedboat to a huge ship at sea? The boat ride alone is worth it and it’s “free”. You can’t miss it because there are searchlights flashing off the roof of the ship towards the beach. This ship is so huge and so grand. It’s only about a five-minute ride to the ship. The ship is either anchored to the bottom of the sea or setting on the bottom of the sea, so there is no rocking and rolling on board the ship except for the rock and roll music if that’s the style of music they’re playing at the time. There is a grand staircase that leads to the next floor. You need to explore this ship. Bon Voyage and let the good times role.

Check out Tony’s web site. www.tonysdisco.net There are pictures and a lot of other stuff.

Guess what? Tony has a bus that you can rent or use to shuttle your party to Tony’s in Bangkok. It is one of those huge buses that holds a lot of people. It has TV and a lounge and a bar. You can stand up and walk around, dance or party-hardy. Yea! Team! Let’s go. Can you imagine traveling like a rock star on the bus to and from Bangkok? Oh! Yes!

Check out the ads in this paper and start to enjoy life before it’s too late. It’s never too late.

Live, Love and Laugh

Everytime I see this guy's posters or see his name mentioned I immediately recall a song that goes like this:

This is a song about a superhero named Tony

It's called Tony's Theme!

He's got the oil on his chain, for a ride in the rain

No baloney

Ride around on my bicycle like a pony

I'm waving hi, hi, hi, hi, hi

Gu-gu-gu-Gimme a scream

Give me, give me the theme

Of Tony

To-ny, To-ny, To-ny, To-ny, To-ny!

Hi,

Tony - hmmm bit of a wan *r and very full of himself. Not the sort of person you would enjoy for company. :)

You took the words clean out of my mouth! He is actualy from the US, his Dad has a huge restaurant there, in or near Hollywood thats popular with the stars. He came over to Thailand in or around '94 and started his business. Cant take anything away from him as he has done very well, he also often goes near bankruptcy but when you have a Father willing to bail you out with whatever money you need you cant go that far wrong. Plus, the whole family work as a family group which is good for business. His Brother is about the same as him too, very cocky and loud.

Everytime I see this guy's posters or see his name mentioned I immediately recall a song that goes like this:

No baloney

Gu-gu-gu-Gimme a scream

Of Tony

Funnily enough Black Francis penned that song after a trip to Pattaya.

I understand that Tony's mother was a Thai and he and his family settled here from Italy about 40 years ago when Pattaya was a sleepy fishing village with one store and one bar and one nightclub and that they bought up land really cheaply and developed a 'Tony's Empire' which is highly successful and full of great deals and offers huge enjoyment and is highly respected by all, including the Pattaya Police Dept.

Do I win a Snickers?

:D italy? heard his dad is american. besides , tony seem to run a "short-time" room for 300baht round the back of marine mansion hotel. a giant poster from tony bares witness to this. wonder if he's block-busting in an otherwise hotel n bar zone. wonder if his " short-time" 300 baht giant poster will be allowed in the Royal cliff zone. "Connections" to the police dept, it seems, appears to be his forte. question is to what level of the police dept and what kind of police.

:D "snickers"? you'll get more than that if you can fill the gaps n verify the stats on this tony guy, es[pecially after the arrest lately on the farang pattaya volunteer tourist policeman who reportedly harassed farangs. see the local medfia n press reports.

:) of course, i stand to be corrected. in fact, i hope to read something positive about pattaya, after all the gruesome details of robbery by farangs, murders by farangs, et.al.

:D farangs are dying like flies , it seems in this LOS, these days, at least.

Pattaya stories

Tony's Empire

Don't tell me you have never been to Tony's or even heard of Tony. You can't get to Pattaya without seeing or hearing about Tony's. His signs are everywhere. There are huge signs on the sides of buildings and there are little sticker signs on walls and street posts and kiosks everywhere you look. You just can't miss the advertising about Tony's. There are ads in most magazines and papers in Bangkok and Pattaya including this paper.

His empire covers the Tony's Disco in Bangkok, where thousands of people from the city and the world go to meet and mingle. There is the Tony's Disco in Pattaya. There is Tony's Hollywood at Sea, where Tony goes Hollywood. There is Tony's bus that shuttles between Pattaya and Bangkok.

Try this. Go to Walking Street about 10 p.m. to midnight. Do you notice that most of the people are walking towards Tony's Disco who is located at the far end of walking street from beach road? That is because they know something you don't. The people start to go to Tony's Disco more and more as the evening progresses. I think some people either have a dinner or go to a Go Go or maybe do some shopping or just sight seeing before they finally go to Tony's Disco.

So what is it that is so attractive about Tony's Disco? Well, that's an easy question to answer, once you've been there. It's the people. It's the music. It's the girls. It's the guys. It's the food. It's the excitement. It's the big club atmosphere. It's the international crowd of people. Yes, Sir, it's all these things and more.

Let's face it. Twenty-seven million people can't be wrong. So get your glad rags on and your dancing shoes on and boogie on down the road to that wild and wonderful place called Tony's.

So, is that all there is? Heck! No! If you really want to empress somebody, go to Tony's Hollywood at Sea. Can you imagine going out to the old pier at the beginning of Walking Street and taking a speedboat to a huge ship at sea? The boat ride alone is worth it and it's "free". You can't miss it because there are searchlights flashing off the roof of the ship towards the beach. This ship is so huge and so grand. It's only about a five-minute ride to the ship. The ship is either anchored to the bottom of the sea or setting on the bottom of the sea, so there is no rocking and rolling on board the ship except for the rock and roll music if that's the style of music they're playing at the time. There is a grand staircase that leads to the next floor. You need to explore this ship. Bon Voyage and let the good times role.

Check out Tony's web site. www.tonysdisco.net There are pictures and a lot of other stuff.

Guess what? Tony has a bus that you can rent or use to shuttle your party to Tony's in Bangkok. It is one of those huge buses that holds a lot of people. It has TV and a lounge and a bar. You can stand up and walk around, dance or party-hardy. Yea! Team! Let's go. Can you imagine traveling like a rock star on the bus to and from Bangkok? Oh! Yes!

Check out the ads in this paper and start to enjoy life before it's too late. It's never too late.

Live, Love and Laugh

one source has it that all these giant billboards and premises are leased spaces . :)

Tony does not own any of them, except for one or two old fast cars parked in front of an unknown hotel somewhere between pattaya klang and beach road and second road. :D

Edit: libelous content deleted per forum rules - mario2008

Do I win a Snickers?

how do you build an empire on leased premises? :) tony does not seem to own any of these premises.

arriived in pattaya 40 years ago? :D no one wanted to buy any mangrove swamp land where "tony's empire" sits today in pattaya then.

respected by all, including the police dept of pattaya? quite an accolade . pattaya police are rotated quite regularly. how do you build a rapport so quickly with each and every new police in town? :D

verify all these statements before farngs get misled. :D

Edited by topben

I don't live in Pattaya but each time I have been there I have seen poster signs of Tony's Gym ...Tony with huge biceps, and somewhere else I've seen Tony's Foodcourt...during the day time, just passing by in tha car...and then there is Tony's refuge center for stray dogs...and now I'm reading about Tony's Tents...seems this Tony guy has really made a big impact in Pattaya business wise. Who is Tony? Just curious, could not care two hoots otherwise :D

:D a new kid on the pattaya block who owns very little in pattaya n is avoided like his brother by most local born n bred thais.

:) he operates "quickies" 300 baht rooms in pattaya for short time n his food court is mostly empty like his camping gound smack right across an empty land he leased once next to his one too many half empty in gyms in small town pattaya.

Pattaya stories

Tony's Empire

Don't tell me you have never been to Tony's or even heard of Tony. You can't get to Pattaya without seeing or hearing about Tony's. His signs are everywhere. There are huge signs on the sides of buildings and there are little sticker signs on walls and street posts and kiosks everywhere you look. You just can't miss the advertising about Tony's. There are ads in most magazines and papers in Bangkok and Pattaya including this paper.

His empire covers the Tony's Disco in Bangkok, where thousands of people from the city and the world go to meet and mingle. There is the Tony's Disco in Pattaya. There is Tony's Hollywood at Sea, where Tony goes Hollywood. There is Tony's bus that shuttles between Pattaya and Bangkok.

Try this. Go to Walking Street about 10 p.m. to midnight. Do you notice that most of the people are walking towards Tony's Disco who is located at the far end of walking street from beach road? That is because they know something you don't. The people start to go to Tony's Disco more and more as the evening progresses. I think some people either have a dinner or go to a Go Go or maybe do some shopping or just sight seeing before they finally go to Tony's Disco.

So what is it that is so attractive about Tony's Disco? Well, that's an easy question to answer, once you've been there. It's the people. It's the music. It's the girls. It's the guys. It's the food. It's the excitement. It's the big club atmosphere. It's the international crowd of people. Yes, Sir, it's all these things and more.

Let's face it. Twenty-seven million people can't be wrong. So get your glad rags on and your dancing shoes on and boogie on down the road to that wild and wonderful place called Tony's.

So, is that all there is? Heck! No! If you really want to empress somebody, go to Tony's Hollywood at Sea. Can you imagine going out to the old pier at the beginning of Walking Street and taking a speedboat to a huge ship at sea? The boat ride alone is worth it and it's "free". You can't miss it because there are searchlights flashing off the roof of the ship towards the beach. This ship is so huge and so grand. It's only about a five-minute ride to the ship. The ship is either anchored to the bottom of the sea or setting on the bottom of the sea, so there is no rocking and rolling on board the ship except for the rock and roll music if that's the style of music they're playing at the time. There is a grand staircase that leads to the next floor. You need to explore this ship. Bon Voyage and let the good times role.

Check out Tony's web site. www.tonysdisco.net There are pictures and a lot of other stuff.

Guess what? Tony has a bus that you can rent or use to shuttle your party to Tony's in Bangkok. It is one of those huge buses that holds a lot of people. It has TV and a lounge and a bar. You can stand up and walk around, dance or party-hardy. Yea! Team! Let's go. Can you imagine traveling like a rock star on the bus to and from Bangkok? Oh! Yes!

Check out the ads in this paper and start to enjoy life before it's too late. It's never too late.

Live, Love and Laugh

one source has it that all these giant billboards and premises are leased spaces . :)

Tony does not own any of them, except for one or two old fast cars parked in front of an unknown hotel somewhere between pattaya klang and beach road and second road. :D

yes, money laundering appears to be his ball game as suggested here by someone in this panel :D .

:D a guy with a tendency towards sleaze - that's tony n brother to the locals.... :D

Edited by raro
got the quote right - hopefully..

Not sure who he is, but he's gonna get filthy rich on those camping tents!

:D get rich where beaches with salubrious air are for free n his tents are smack in the middle of a dusty road in a fast dilapidating neighborhood where stray dogs roam ?????????????? :)

Not sure who he is, but he's gonna get filthy rich on those camping tents!

:D get rich where beaches with salubrious air are for free n his tents are smack in the middle of a dusty road in a fast dilapidating neighborhood where stray dogs roam ?????????????? :)

His father was a Thai Military General.........his father gave him investment money........Tony used it to build that place on Walking Street, etc., etc. He is like an "image manager." I have no desire to have anything to do with anything he is involved with.

• Like 1

his father is also Thai...

Tony's biography

Now that you know a bit about Tony's many business enterprises and this fabulous beachside resort of Pattaya, you are probably wondering just who is this Tony?

Well . . . . Tony ( Mr. Surapol Sanguanchartisorakrai ) was born in Bangkok, Thailand. Tony's Father, General Lak Sanguanchartisorakrai was a Thai military officer and while growing up, Tony traveled widely with his family. In his teens, he played music with one of the most popular bands in Thailand, The Dynamics. Then, upon finishing high school, his parents sent him to the U.S.A for a college education. While in the U.S.A.

Tony spent nearly 20 years traveling and performing as the leader of a show band called "Tony and Friends". Tony and the band toured

all over America. He eventually settled down in St. Petersburg, Florida, where he opened a very successful nightclub named after his band, "Tony and Friends". It was a popular spot for both locals and tourists for more than six years. In 1998 an opportunity presented itself for Tony to return to his home, Thailand.

• Like 1

Tony's biography

Now that you know a bit about Tony's many business enterprises and this fabulous beachside resort of Pattaya, you are probably wondering just who is this Tony?

Well . . . . Tony ( Mr. Surapol Sanguanchartisorakrai ) was born in Bangkok, Thailand. Tony's Father, General Lak Sanguanchartisorakrai was a Thai military officer and while growing up, Tony traveled widely with his family. In his teens, he played music with one of the most popular bands in Thailand, The Dynamics. Then, upon finishing high school, his parents sent him to the U.S.A for a college education. While in the U.S.A.

Tony spent nearly 20 years traveling and performing as the leader of a show band called "Tony and Friends". Tony and the band toured

all over America. He eventually settled down in St. Petersburg, Florida, where he opened a very successful nightclub named after his band, "Tony and Friends". It was a popular spot for both locals and tourists for more than six years. In 1998 an opportunity presented itself for Tony to return to his home, Thailand.

I think this is the closest to the truth from all the dreamer replies in this topic.I also heard since the early times that Tony was active in Pattaya that his father was the retired director of the Thai Tobacco Monopoly.I'm not sure if this true but I noticed that all the electric boxes etc, carry the TTM initials.So just a hint where they originate from.

By the way everyone who thinks any of his businesses are successful have to take a closer look. :)

No baloney

Gu-gu-gu-Gimme a scream

Of Tony

Funnily enough Black Francis penned that song after a trip to Pattaya.

aha haha! it makes perfect sense now...there were rumours...! :)

Tony used to be the "contractor" for western bands to play here in Pattaya at bars etc. He started his first bar Tony's Cool Spot on Walking Street and played keyboards in the band. Been there once and would never return.

Hollywood at Sea (rust bucket of a ship) was actually shut down about 5/6 years ago over Christmas New Year for underage drinking and still serving after hours.

I don't don't like him - he is rude and I have never stepped foot into any of his places again and NEVER will.

I agree with basjke - his businesses successful? - take a closer look - some of them open and close even faster.

Well, that's sorted. Tony is a luk krung who's parents are some or all of the above: Italian, American, Thai... and it also appears that he arrived in Thailand either 20 or 40 years ago, or was born here. That may be his secret. He has discovered time travel.

:)

He even opened up a car park on the spare plot of land opposite the Food court, if i remember it was quite expensive to park there and I think it has closed down now.

As for the Dog shelter place, I did read on the Forums somewhere that the Animals there were in a terrible terrible state with the staff were all asleep.

In 1998 I was working in Thailand for the first time and was often in Pattaya for an evenings entertainment ,the irish pub on second street had live music each weekend and I saw "Tony"playing and did have a conversation with him ,was much later when I saw his face appear on billboards everwhere that I said "hasnt he done well"!So yes I guess thats when he appeared on the scene in Pattaya.

Tony's biography

I think this is the closest to the truth from all the dreamer replies in this topic.I also heard since the early times that Tony was active in Pattaya that his father was the retired director of the Thai Tobacco Monopoly.I'm not sure if this true but I noticed that all the electric boxes etc, carry the TTM initials.So just a hint where they originate from.

By the way everyone who thinks any of his businesses are successful have to take a closer look. :)

• Like 1