Who Is Tony?

jingjingna

his father is also Thai...

Tony's biography

Now that you know a bit about Tony's many business enterprises and this fabulous beachside resort of Pattaya, you are probably wondering just who is this Tony?

Well . . . . Tony ( Mr. Surapol Sanguanchartisorakrai ) was born in Bangkok, Thailand. Tony's Father, General Lak Sanguanchartisorakrai was a Thai military officer and while growing up, Tony traveled widely with his family. In his teens, he played music with one of the most popular bands in Thailand, The Dynamics. Then, upon finishing high school, his parents sent him to the U.S.A for a college education. While in the U.S.A.

Tony spent nearly 20 years traveling and performing as the leader of a show band called "Tony and Friends". Tony and the band toured

all over America. He eventually settled down in St. Petersburg, Florida, where he opened a very successful nightclub named after his band, "Tony and Friends". It was a popular spot for both locals and tourists for more than six years. In 1998 an opportunity presented itself for Tony to return to his home, Thailand.

I'm glad someone has posted the facts, i was going to post this myself as i can't believe some of the crap that I've read so fa! Italian, mafia etc etc. :)

Despite what people think of Tony the guy is a very clever and successful businessman and he's also a nice Guy to have a chat with.

:D

Despite what people think of Tony the guy is a very clever and successful businessman and he's also a nice Guy to have a chat with.

It's funny nobody else thinks so.

For your above statement; I nominate you for the O.B.N.

Thanks for sharing! :)

It depends i suppose on how many posters have actually met him and actually had conversations with him.

Tony used to play in a band in Delaneys (Molly Malones now) in the late 90's. Had many a drink with him back then and he was a nice guy. Can't remember the name of the band but it had a couple of hairy Russian musicians in it as well.

I saw a tv interview a while back with Tony. After watching it I understood why he doesn't normally do interviews.

Was it because:

a) He came across as an idiotic, steroid-abusing testosterone maniac with severe personality disorders, barely able to piece a sentence together?

OR

:) His erudite charm manifested itself with a clear yet modest business sense and his well groomed appearance instilled a feeling of both envy and respect from the viewer?

Please do tell.

Edited by syd barrett

tony owns pattaya basically and that includes everyones souls.

No where near,he's one of many Thai's with a lot of clout so to speak.

:) yeah,maybe one of those friends are the mayor of patters,even the mayors farther is on the run on land corruption charges on a big land deal

that went belly up in kaow mi kaew. sorry off topic :D .

Edited by yeesipha

Don't know him, but anyone who goes to the trouble of opening a dog shelter can't be all bad. There's no money to be made out of stray dogs.

I agree, there is no money to be made out of stray Dogs.

But,,,,,,, I read a while back on the forums of a guy that went to this place looking for a new Dog / Cat.

He could not get away fast enough from the place, he said it was heartbreaking to see the poor animals so thin with not even a drink of water. :)

The staff were asleep on hammocks, and did not want to help.

Who knows, maybe he opened the Dog shelter place to make himself look better !!!!!

Don't know him, but anyone who goes to the trouble of opening a dog shelter can't be all bad. There's no money to be made out of stray dogs.

But,,,,,,, I read a while back on the forums of a guy that went to this place looking for a new Dog / Cat.

He could not get away fast enough from the place, he said it was heartbreaking to see the poor animals so thin with not even a drink of water. :)

Who knows, maybe he opened the Dog shelter place to make himself look better !!!!!

This animal centre takes huge amounts of cash from animal lovers the world over. I would hope that the animals are treated with respect and dignity.

Time for some investigative journalism.

Went past the food court monstrosity billboards several times.

Seeing some guy all pumped-up and beckoning for business like a neo-gladiator certainly doesn't pull me in.

I wrote the guy off as some ego-obsessed creature looking to perpetually harvest money from the newbies in town...

He is the owner owner of the gyms where they check your bag when you leave to be sure that you don't steal dumbbells....

And then some people complain about Cwow...

And knowing how much he loves himself I'm sure that he must be very happy that you all speak about him, especially on a board where you cannot say what you really think or know, if you don't want your message to be deleted...

This animal centre takes huge amounts of cash from animal lovers the world over. I would hope that the animals are treated with respect and dignity.

Time for some investigative journalism.

I am sure he would be most happy to open up the accounting books to Geraldo Rivera! Woof woof ...

This reads more like ironic satire, but here's what I found at Tony's Empire

Pattaya stories

Tony’s Empire

Don’t tell me you have never been to Tony’s or even heard of Tony. You can’t get to Pattaya without seeing or hearing about Tony’s. His signs are everywhere. There are huge signs on the sides of buildings and there are little sticker signs on walls and street posts and kiosks everywhere you look. You just can’t miss the advertising about Tony’s. There are ads in most magazines and papers in Bangkok and Pattaya including this paper.

His empire covers the Tony’s Disco in Bangkok, where thousands of people from the city and the world go to meet and mingle. There is the Tony’s Disco in Pattaya. There is Tony’s Hollywood at Sea, where Tony goes Hollywood. There is Tony’s bus that shuttles between Pattaya and Bangkok.

Try this. Go to Walking Street about 10 p.m. to midnight. Do you notice that most of the people are walking towards Tony's Disco who is located at the far end of walking street from beach road? That is because they know something you don’t. The people start to go to Tony’s Disco more and more as the evening progresses. I think some people either have a dinner or go to a Go Go or maybe do some shopping or just sight seeing before they finally go to Tony’s Disco.

So what is it that is so attractive about Tony’s Disco? Well, that’s an easy question to answer, once you’ve been there. It’s the people. It’s the music. It’s the girls. It’s the guys. It’s the food. It’s the excitement. It’s the big club atmosphere. It’s the international crowd of people. Yes, Sir, it’s all these things and more.

Let’s face it. Twenty-seven million people can’t be wrong. So get your glad rags on and your dancing shoes on and boogie on down the road to that wild and wonderful place called Tony’s.

So, is that all there is? Heck! No! If you really want to empress somebody, go to Tony’s Hollywood at Sea. Can you imagine going out to the old pier at the beginning of Walking Street and taking a speedboat to a huge ship at sea? The boat ride alone is worth it and it’s “free”. You can’t miss it because there are searchlights flashing off the roof of the ship towards the beach. This ship is so huge and so grand. It’s only about a five-minute ride to the ship. The ship is either anchored to the bottom of the sea or setting on the bottom of the sea, so there is no rocking and rolling on board the ship except for the rock and roll music if that’s the style of music they’re playing at the time. There is a grand staircase that leads to the next floor. You need to explore this ship. Bon Voyage and let the good times role.

Check out Tony’s web site. www.tonysdisco.net There are pictures and a lot of other stuff.

Guess what? Tony has a bus that you can rent or use to shuttle your party to Tony’s in Bangkok. It is one of those huge buses that holds a lot of people. It has TV and a lounge and a bar. You can stand up and walk around, dance or party-hardy. Yea! Team! Let’s go. Can you imagine traveling like a rock star on the bus to and from Bangkok? Oh! Yes!

Check out the ads in this paper and start to enjoy life before it’s too late. It’s never too late.

Live, Love and Laugh

B - S ??????????

California Wow may not be bugging him much longer.

Why's that? Just a guess or you have sone inside information?

I can tell you one thing, I use both gyms and California is a lot busier than Tonys.

Oops what do I read now.Tropo goes to the so called gym for pussy's? :)

In stead of in 2 pages, OP's question could have been answered in 1 word: Nobody

For a nobody, he sure gets to drive some nice cars! :) Near his gym on Soi 16 off walking Street, he parks his Lamborghini alongside 2 Merc 500s. Different models.

On that note, today i was following an Aston Martin Vantage with red plates.

Note to self: inquire about becoming Buddhist if can get guarantee to be reborn as millionaire (Euro) in Thailand....

Tony's biography

Now that you know a bit about Tony's many business enterprises and this fabulous beachside resort of Pattaya, you are probably wondering just who is this Tony?

Well . . . . Tony ( Mr. Surapol Sanguanchartisorakrai ) was born in Bangkok, Thailand. Tony's Father, General Lak Sanguanchartisorakrai was a Thai military officer and while growing up, Tony traveled widely with his family. In his teens, he played music with one of the most popular bands in Thailand, The Dynamics. Then, upon finishing high school, his parents sent him to the U.S.A for a college education. While in the U.S.A.

Tony spent nearly 20 years traveling and performing as the leader of a show band called "Tony and Friends". Tony and the band toured

all over America. He eventually settled down in St. Petersburg, Florida, where he opened a very successful nightclub named after his band, "Tony and Friends". It was a popular spot for both locals and tourists for more than six years. In 1998 an opportunity presented itself for Tony to return to his home, Thailand.

:) so, where does all this italian n american father et.al, fit in? dad must rich to be able to affirdd him to set up shop in america when the exchange rate for thai baht to us dollar was pathetically low then? was he on student visa then? how did he get round the immigration dept in the usa to get employed? even today, most thais are rejected of a visa from the us immigration dept. how did tony did it plus how did he get an employment or business visa, it it was one of the two, too? his thai dad seem to have a lot of connections in the usa too like tony has with the pattaya police as mentioned by someone else in this panel???? :D

:D was he a local pattaya -born or even chonburi -born? :D

:D you said he returned to thailand in 1998? that was almost way past the pattaya boom of ex-pm chartchai time. thaksisn not included. :D

:D believe me, i have nothing against this guy. am just wondering about his many "shops" - including that "short time" for 300baht room and the tents for rent - that pop out in pattaya from no-where lately,et.al. in fact, i admire his avante garde ideas in pattaya. :D

Edited by yarm

Tony's biography

Now that you know a bit about Tony's many business enterprises and this fabulous beachside resort of Pattaya, you are probably wondering just who is this Tony? Well . . . . Tony ( Mr. Surapol Sanguanchartisorakrai ) was born in Bangkok, Thailand. Tony's Father, General Lak Sanguanchartisorakrai was a Thai military officer and while growing up, Tony traveled widely with his family. <<snip>>

:D so, where does all this italian n american father et.al, fit in? dad must rich to be able to affirdd him to set up shop in america when the exchange rate for thai baht to us dollar was pathetically low then? was he on student visa then? how did he get round the immigration dept in the usa to get emploed? even today, most thais are rejected of a visa from the us immigration dept. how did tony did itm plus a an employment vias too? :D

<<snip>>

Did you see the bit where his father is a general. Have you ever seen a poor general in Thailand? :)

Tony was supposed to have spent 20 or so years in US, that would have started back in the time the US military was trying very hard to keep friends in SE asia. :D

even if you throw in a daddy General plus a so-so visited disco (aka Tony's Car Park), plus money made in the US - it doesn't pay for the cars parked in the entrance area of his disco (assuming they belong to Tony) plus the investments for two gyms, short time hotel and whatever else is Tony-branded in this town.

Anyways, none of my business and none of his business suits my needs, hence....I couldn't give a rat's a*se who he is....

• Like 1

It's a broad spectrum. There have been a handful of generals found to be in possession of billions of Baht when they died (not to mention whatever they were able to allocate to family members before dying). So 60 million in a few autos would be a non-issue in those circumstances.

True, there are plenty of poor generals as well. There's one that runs the gun club I practice at who doesn't even own a home off base and even shops for himself at Carrefour Ramintra. Drives a used 190 bought from another general from about 20+ years ago. Another who is a top general... in the traffic police. Just a regular fellow, no fancy cars, just a humble little C-Class, not even a boat.

:)

Edited by Heng

• 2 years later...