Why Dont Rice Queens Try Some German Sausage Or Oscar Meyer?

Unfaithful

Well, quick answer... I think it's true for all cultures to consider the "not-common" "look" as being more attractive; just look at the fashion models, guys and girls, and their looks are anything but common! And we see this as beautiful, handsome, and sexy.

Now take the situation of growing up in a culture of pasty-face caucasians, often loud mouthed, obnoxious, into drugs or liquor, getting obese early in life... as opposed the beautiful petite physique of the Thai man, beautiful smooth bronze skin, high cheek bones, delicate features, slim, broad-chested, often well endowed, without ANY of the guilt hang-ups about having fun with other guys, fun loving, happy, and free-spirited...

And which would YOU choose? Somebody that looks like you, or someone different, with the above attributes?

It's often the contrast in all the above that makes a person attractive to another person; thus the explanation of why Thai guys can find farangs "attractive" in a physical, emotional, and intellectual way.

That's my take on it, anyway!!

In my humble opinion, the Thai man is the most beautiful man, on the planet.

That being said, I've nothing against friendships, conversation, etc. with my fellow farangs, and for the record, I'm able to have some pretty decent conversations with my Thai boyfriend... Why would you assume this is impossible?

Regards, all,

Pawpcorn

I ain't really a rice queen but if you find yourself in a rice bowl, sometimes you gots (sic) to eat ...

Someone should do a poll, how many really consider themselves exclusive RQs psychologogically. I reckon the percentage isn't as high as you think.

Edited by Jingthing

Hmm...what a take on the subject!

I NEVER considered moving to Thailand and as so many came here just for a holiday that turned into something totally different.

I had been looking my better half quite a while in Europe and ended up with wrong kinds. I think that the big egos are sometimes the factor that can not be overcome in the West.

When my father asked about me being with a man, he asked does it feel like being with a lady. Hmph!...I said that I have never taken this idea of being Queen or King, I simply am a man that loves another man.

We are compatible in many ways and by this I mean that 90% of relationship is in your head. You make love with your brains. I am not very easy person and my lovely husband is quite forgiving when we have problems. He can handle me with his Asian (?) ways and always in the end we feel that the air has been cleaned. Talking about this, I don't mean we have any real big problems, but as anyone living with a Thai family knows: There are always issues and it is not always about you.

So, for me it is not about Thai or Caucasian, it is about personality. My bf is kind, generous, happy soul that makes me love him more and more just being there.

And I still believe that 'we' as Thai lovers are a minority. Majority sticks to their guns and never even consider having more than an occasional holiday fling.

If I remember, Unfaithful has two Thai boyfriends. I suspect 2 or 3 in their trio are not fully, fluently bilingual. We older farang are not all ugly. He has a point; it's not all about glamour.

Eh.... I feel so "used"! Discuss...

But seriously... he DOES have a point or two, and to be honest, the issue about "long talks", aka serious conversations, CAN be a real problem (in limited bi-lingual relationships), and, until recently, to be honest, I WAS feeling like this was missing from our relationship... and my life in general.

But also, recently, my bf's English (or his effort to communicate) improved just enough to where we pretty much never have any real difficulty getting our points, ideas, and questions across to each other.

And about the same time, I've made successfully the effort to make some friends with just enough intellegent like-minded farangs, and a VERY English-fluent Thai guy, to where I can finally have all the long conversations I could wish for...

So it's not really much of an issue, any longer...

Thanks again for the clarity, PeaceBlondie! And yes, thank God, SOME of us older farangs are NOT ugly, but age rather well, luckily! :)

If I remember, Unfaithful has two Thai boyfriends. I suspect 2 or 3 in their trio are not fully, fluently bilingual. We older farang are not all ugly. He has a point; it's not all about glamour.

Eh.... I feel so "used"! Discuss...

But seriously... he DOES have a point or two, and to be honest, the issue about "long talks", aka serious conversations, CAN be a real problem (in limited bi-lingual relationships), and, until recently, to be honest, I WAS feeling like this was missing from our relationship... and my life in general.

But also, recently, my bf's English (or his effort to communicate) improved just enough to where we pretty much never have any real difficulty getting our points, ideas, and questions across to each other.

And about the same time, I've made successfully the effort to make some friends with just enough intellegent like-minded farangs, and a VERY English-fluent Thai guy, to where I can finally have all the long conversations I could wish for...

So it's not really much of an issue, any longer...

Thanks again for the clarity, PeaceBlondie! And yes, thank God, SOME of us older farangs are NOT ugly, but age rather well, luckily! :)

Well I have scratched my head about this for a day and here's what I think, if you care.

There was a great movie starring Gene Hackman a few years back in which he was accused of some sex crime murder agasint a young woman, at one stage he says when I was 20 i got turned on by young chicks, so ok now I am 62 guess what, nothing has changed.

What's my point, find me a 20 something falang to love me and I would be very happy, but we all know that they don't do as a norm 50ish slightly fat guys, where as Thai's seem to think older plumpish guys to be something of a catch so i guess I am rice queen out of circumstance, my guy maybe 28 but looks 18 but if george beston is out ther and wants a date please pm me but I do not get turned on by guys my age or stature..

I would point out I am extreamley happy with my situation even though it just happened via a weird set of events and time, I never imagined or dreamt I would ever live in this thailand and I don't worry about the languange issue we understand each other plenty and if I feel the need for something at a deeper level then I just go down the pub and quickley realise that is not achievable in this country

I thought this thread was about (see bolded/underlined);

Why do gay farang act like they are allergic to their own kind?It seems like many ran from their homeland, and intend to never again be intimate with a farang?Like many straights they think less is more.No, if you can never have long talks, less is less.Discuss.

If this is the statement, I have a comment. If I have misunderstood the statement, I'm not sure of what to say.

To me, this has nothing to do with Thai boyfriends. It has everything to do with gay foreigners.

Edited by elkangorito

Well...

1. Most are either tourists or coworkers, and I'm not really interested in either group for dating/sex.

2. Those who fall into the 'other' category from #1 above are quite often not really interested in me; the most common reason being that they are probably interested in Thais.

3. Out of the very small number of foreigners left when you exclude groups 1 and 2, a fairly large number will not be interesting or attractive to me for all the usual reasons that people are not attracted to other people.

4. Those who are left, bring 'em on!

I thought this thread was about (see bolded/underlined);
Why do gay farang act like they are allergic to their own kind?It seems like many ran from their homeland, and intend to never again be intimate with a farang?Like many straights they think less is more.No, if you can never have long talks, less is less.Discuss.

If this is the statement, I have a comment. If I have misunderstood the statement, I'm not sure of what to say.

To me, this has nothing to do with Thai boyfriends. It has everything to do with gay foreigners.

I am not a troll.I do not post often.

This has something to do with Thai b.f.'s.They are not the only sausage here.

• 1 month later...

I am 100% a Rice Queen and the thought of those western meat products makes me sick! Keep your pale, nasty, pimply, pink meats away, don't want it. Just kidding, but seriously that's just me, nothing wrong per say with farang but just not into them. We all have preferences, and some prefer Asians. I'm a young guy, so none of this "Thai guys appreciate older fat guys, so I have to be with them" no, I get hit on plenty by young farang, just isn't my thing. Just like Arabs, Indians or Blacks aren't my thing.

I'm not even in Thailand at the moment, shall be there soon though, and so it's a bit of a reverse problem for me. Some farang in Thailand take what they can get, even though they don't really like Asians, because they're in the rice bowl. Me, I'm in a German sausage bowl and terribly unhappy and alone here, just waiting for some Asian boy to rescue me.

But you're right, after spending about a year in Thailand I came to see that the communication problem just couldn't be over come. So, I need an Asian guy from a Western country, I want the Western culture, but just an Asian face, you know? Anyways, up coming Bangkok trip will be spent entirely on Silom! A full month plus of Soi 2, Soi 4 some, the little Richard's/G.O.D. alley way and a few places around town as well! Getting excited, and I need it, need a bit of that Thai love before I fuc_king kill myself in this USA.

I was a Rice and Chorizo Queen before coming here. After 6.5 years here, communication remains the biggest problem.

I was a chorizo queen for years with many Mexican bfs and also Cuban, Puerto Rican and even a Venezuelan. My first long term relationship was with a French-Canadian. I have always been attracted to the "other" as I am rather typically caucasian of French-German background. What I like most about ethnic Thais is that they are relatively untainted by the Christian tradition and for this reason I am not attracted to Filipinos. The "other" for me here is Asian and Buddhist. This is an experiential challenge I enjoy and is as stimulating for me as the long conversations I have with selected farang friends.

I agree with the OP that deep conversations are nearly impossible with Thais even when they are fully bilingual simply because Thai culture does not support "deep conversations". Some may disagree on this. My bf is a Chula graduate and has lived abroad, but he does not enjoy deep conversations, in fact I wonder sometimes if he even posesses the art of conversation beyond the usual about food, work, family and so on. But I am old enough to have learned that I will not have all my needs met by one person so I have others in my life who fill those needs.

I also spend a few months each year in California where I have many Latino friends. Viva chorizo!