Where To Fix Small Electronics?

mnbcm

I'm an idiot. I plugged in a hair trimmer that wasn't compatible with 220v and now the charger doesn't work. Can anyone recommend a fix-it shop in Chiang Mai that could give me a new power cord or fix my trimmer? I have no electrical knowledge whatsoever so I have no idea if this is even possible, but I know Thais are masters at fixing odds-n-ends so it would probably be cheaper than buying a new one. I would like my wife to cut my hair soon. :) Thanks for the tips.

For Info there are Amorn branches at Carrefour/Home Pro on the super highway (bottom floor at the entrance from the car park) and Big C on Chiangmai-Hod rd.

Power supply is no problem they have them all. Take the old one with you. What is important is the plug type into your trimmer and the voltage. They also have a repair shop for electrical items.

Used to live in a house that had 110v and 220-240v. Always the potential for disaster especially since here were plenty of adapters.

Edited by newcomer01

I believe Amorn at Icon Square on the north side of the moat will probably be able to handle it.

If Amorn* is the large place down the soi to the right of Icon (with the moat behind you), I can almost guarantee that they'll fix it. I took in a re-chargable hair trimmer (Wella) whose battery refused to charge; they were able to look up the correct type, order it, fit it and hand back to me within about 10 days. While I was there, I saw their wizards working on everything from toasters to blenders to stereo's etc......... an amazing place and a very efficient service.

* I know the place mentioned in the car park at Carrefour and doubt that the one I'm describing above is the same outfit? But, I stand to be corrected on this.....

I believe Amorn at Icon Square on the north side of the moat will probably be able to handle it.

If Amorn* is the large place down the soi to the right of Icon (with the moat behind you), I can almost guarantee that they'll fix it. I took in a re-chargable hair trimmer (Wella) whose battery refused to charge; they were able to look up the correct type, order it, fit it and hand back to me within about 10 days. While I was there, I saw their wizards working on everything from toasters to blenders to stereo's etc......... an amazing place and a very efficient service.

* I know the place mentioned in the car park at Carrefour and doubt that the one I'm describing above is the same outfit? But, I stand to be corrected on this.....

Actually the place in the car park at Carrefour is the same outfit. But the large Amorn shop you refer to on the soi to the right of Icon Plaza is where the main repair shop is located. The outlet stores only sell electronic parts. And you and Tywais are correct. They can fix just about anything electronic there.

Amorn is indeed the bomb!

I took my macbook to the apple shop to have a jack plug removed from the socket. They had it for 10 days and on the telephone told me they had removed it, but the socket was broken. When I got to the shop the jack was still in the socket, and I was told it couldn't be removed. I have to say, the customer service at the mac shop is shocking. All they seem to care about is asking you for your email address and telephone number.

I took it Amorn and they had the jack plug out in 10 mins. And didn't ask me for my personal details. 10 out of 10.

Actually the place in the car park at Carrefour is the same outfit. But the large Amorn shop you refer to on the soi to the right of Icon Plaza is where the main repair shop is located. The outlet stores only sell electronic parts. And you and Tywais are correct. They can fix just about anything electronic there.

Thanks for clarifying that. I'd still advise anyone with an electric/electronic repair issue to go to the one I/Tywais mentioned - must be better to get access to the main repair team there. For my battery replacement, the guy at the reception desk called over a particular technician (one of about 10 that I could see) to examine the item and advise on what to do. Based on that (and keo's Macbook anecdote), I'll be taking my high-end stereo amplifier there to get some faults sorted out. Very much a 10/10 place.........