Do You Guys Ever Try To Disguise That You Are A Falang While On A Bike?

submaniac

When I do get pulled over, it's that time of the month for the local police, like menstruation. And there will be a group of them and I notice Thais getting pulled over while I'm pulled over. I have a Thai driver's license and when I pull that they normally just smile and wave me on very politely. Only time recently I had to pay money other than having my bike pulled for being illegally parked was for a helmet violation. I had picked a 22 year old gal up at a bar, handed her my extra helmet, waited a few moments for her to put it on and then I drove away. Brother was I surprised when I saw the police pulling people over at Dolphin circle, they asked me to pull over and when I showed them my driver's license and they wanted to detain me, when they told me they had pulled me over for not wearing a helmet. I pointed at my helmet and then the police pointed at the girl. She had carried the helmet at her side as she rode behind me even after I had handed it to her. Ironically it was the last time I took her out. I also want to mention that I had bought a jacuzzi for my condo here and while dealing with the engineer estimator from a large Pattaya outfit dealing with kitchens and bathrooms, the engineer told me the police stopped him nearly every day he drove to or from Bangkok back to Pattaya. And he's Thai. They see nice car, they see money.

It works and it doesn't work.

When I'm out touring I wear all the gear head to toe for protection more than anything.

But some thai's can judge that by the amount of gear you are wearing and the bike you are riding turn to each other and say 'farang.'

Having said that I've rolled into some police check-points and the coppers been shocked when I flipped the visor to see a farang under there :)