Thaksin: Pm Can't Decide Himself

webfact

Thaksin: PM can't decide himself

Writer: BangkokPost.com

Published: 6/09/2009 at 11:26 AM

Fugitive former prime minister Thaksin Shinawatra believed Prime Minister Abhisit Vejjajiva may have no decision-making authority.

Thaksin said in a radio interview on Sunday that he did not know who he could discuss problems in the country with.

"Prime Minister Abhisit and Deputy Prime Minister Suthep Thaugsuban have never contacted me to discuss issues in the country. I'm ready to talk with government leaders, including Mr Abhisit, even though I believe he may not have the authority to decide," the ousted premier said.

Thaksin also said in his Twitter message that he was not ill as rumoured.

Link: http://bangkokpost.com/breakingnews/153525...-decide-himself

postlogo.jpg

-- Bangkok Post 2009/06/09

So PM Abhisit should have polite policy talks with the criminal fugitive leader of the red shirted factions that have tried to assassinate him? OMG, that Thakky has some big old cajones. He imagines himself as the indispensable savior of the land. Bring on the psychiatrists, please.

Edited by Jingthing

So PM Abhisit should have polite policy talks with the criminal fugitive leader of the red shirted factions that have tried to assassinate him? OMG, that Thakky has some big old cajones. He imagines himself as the indispensable savior of the land. Bring on the psychiatrists, please.

He is closer to this my friend than Abhisit is to being either the rightfully free and fairly elected PM or having any say in how things are run!

Fugitive former prime minister Thaksin Shinawatra believed Prime Minister Abhisit Vejjajiva may have no decision-making authority.

Thaksin said in a radio interview on Sunday that he did not know who he could discuss problems in the country with.

"Prime Minister Abhisit and Deputy Prime Minister Suthep Thaugsuban have never contacted me to discuss issues in the country. I'm ready to talk with government leaders, including Mr Abhisit, even though I believe he may not have the authority to decide," the ousted premier said.

postlogo.jpg

WoW!

This criminal talk like a self elected President of Thailand. :)

The PM & deputy NEVER contact him to discuss issues in the country.

The PM & deputy NEVER contact him to discuss issues in the country.

WOW! What a shock this is to hear. (shudder)

I thought all rational thought MUST revolve around discussions with Thaksin, first and foremost,

so we know what to think?

How will I know if the will sun come up tomorrow,

unless he tells me so on the radio tonight?

Red Sky In The Morning, Sailors Take Warning

He is closer to this my friend than Abhisit is to being either the rightfully free and fairly elected PM or having any say in how things are run!

Wait a minute. Abhisit is the rightful, free and fairly elected PM of Thailand. Thaksin is the disgraced, criminal, fugitive and, as found by the electoral commision, unfairly elected former PM.

How do you explain the fact then that Thaksin is a convicted criminal in a Thai court during the period that his own brother-in-law was in office as PM?

Abhisit was freely and fairly elected according to the Thai parliamentry system, while Thaksin has abrogated his rights to have any say in the country's affairs by the fact that he fled the country and justice system like a headless chicken and has caused incalculable economic and political damage to the country by his refusal to refrain from political activity. He doesn't even have a Thai passport these days, but masquerades as a Montenegran-cum-Nicaraguan citizen, which in the pecking order of foreigners having a say over Thai govt policy is about on a par with Zimbabweans and Sierra Leonians (other places that Thakky would perhaps feel more at home in these days). :)

Yep, if Thakky really cared about his country rather than his frozen assets he would (1) come back and face the music like a man, not a coward (2) shut his pie hole. The chances of either of those two things happening, none. It is amazing and disgusting how Thailand has allowed this one egomaniac to be so utterly destructive of unity and progress.

Edited by Jingthing

Yep, if Thakky really cared about his country rather than his frozen assets he would (1) come back and face the music like a man, not a coward (2) shut his pie hole. The chances of either of those two things happening, none. It is amazing and disgusting how Thailand has allowed this one egomaniac to be so utterly destructive of unity and progress.

Interesting and thoughtful analysis as always, and we are all better informed because of it.

As you suggest that he "face the music like a man and not a coward" one can only assume you have made a similar grand and courageous gesture at some stage in your life, why don't you share your manly exploits with the readership so we can fully appreciate your caliber.

Interesting and thoughtful analysis as always, and we are all better informed because of it.

As you suggest that he "face the music like a man and not a coward" one can only assume you have made a similar grand and courageous gesture at some stage in your life, why don't you share your manly exploits with the readership so we can fully appreciate your caliber.

No, all "one" can assume is that you are trying to inappropriately personalize a discussion of a public political figure. I ain't playing. By any measure, skipping out on a court conviction is a cowardly act. Understandable perhaps, but cowardly nonetheless. Its funny that he so opposes the yellow shirts, as he is one big old Yellow Belly (American slang for coward) himself!

post-37101-1252234215.jpg

Edited by Jingthing

I think the fact that he has not been contacted by this government speaks volumes to the rest of the world as well as Thailand. Most respected/honorable ex leaders in any country (even opposition party) can and do make a positive contribution to their countries. It is good that Mr. T inform us that this contact has not occurred, thus another plus mark for the current PM. Along the same rational thinking???? The various charges awaiting his return, do indicate that some attempt to contact him has been made thru the paper/money trails he has left behind. This seems to be another area of expertise he missed in his criminal training/schooling. I am sure he has ideas which would be better received by the likes he has recently associated with.

Mr Thaksin denies talks with Suthep

BANGKOK, 5 September 2009 (NNT) - Former prime minister Thaksin Shinawatra dismisses talks with Deputy Prime Minister Suthep Thaugsuban over political issues.

Former prime minister Thaksin Shinawatra made a statement through a radio interview, that he did not know who to discuss national issues with and denied speculation that the Prime Minister and the deputy prime minister had never contacted him. Mr Thaksin said he is prepared for talks with any government leaders or Prime Minister Abhisit Vejjajiva, and claimed that the Prime Minister would not have any authority in decision-making.

In addition, the ousted prime minister dismissed speculation that he has been diagnosed with a deadly disease as rumored in his Twitter web blog.

Reporter : Weeranuwat Saengsawang News Date : 06 September 2009

nntlogo.jpg

-- NNT 06 September 2009

http://thainews.prd.go.th/en/news.php?id=255209060028

postlogo.jpg

Wy does anyone lisent to him (Thaksin) anyways. He is full of sh........ :)

The government has contacted him in the International Press,

and told him his return is requested to serve his time in jail,

and to answer further charges. He has ackowleged this,

but decided to ignore it.

Since the PM and Dep PM's job descritions have nothing to do with

personal calls to runaway criminals, they need not further make contact.

Besides why would they expect this to be a pleasant call to make.

Greng Jai is not likely to be served up during this call. Best avoided.

:D yes, "share your (sic) manly exploits"....... :)

Threads such as this tend to bring out the worst in people. Let's try not flaming and baiting. Otherwise posts get deleted and warnings get given.

If you have nothing to say about the topic or anything to add to the discussion, then please refrain from posting.

And quick because this illness is treatable hahaha

Megalomania:

Megalomania is an unrealistic belief in one's superiority, grandiose abilities, and even omnipotence. It is characterized by a need for total power and control over others, and is marked by a lack of empathy for anything that is perceived as not feeding the self.

Although megalomania is a term often ascribed to anyone who is power-hungry, the clinical definition is that of a mental illness associated with narcissistic personality disorder (NPD).

Narcissism is most simply defined as self-love. Though it is considered healthy to care about your own well-being and have a healthy self-esteem, when someone loves himself to the exclusion of all else and others become objectified to be used only to serve the self, this is no longer considered healthy or normal.

One of the most well known examples of megalomania in modern history was Adolf Hitler. A street waif, Hitler wasn't content rising through the ranks to become the military leader of Germany. His megalomania drove him to aspire to conquer the entire world. Being born into a "superior race" also wasn't enough for the mentally ill Hitler. Instead, he wanted to wipe out all other races. This need to destroy everything outside of what he perceived as an extension of himself is a classic though horrifically illustrated example of megalomania. Paradoxically, a person who exhibits such tremendous ego and self-confidence in reality has such low self-esteem and such a fragile ego that he cannot abide any expression other than his own, for fear of annihilation of the self. Therefore everything that is not under his control is perceived as a threat.

Megalomania can be treated with medications. If you or someone you know is experiencing manic moods, unrealistic delusions or antisocial behavior, professional treatment is necessary. Unlike a virus or cold, these disorders will not improve without treatment.

Is this tit for tat or tits for tots?

Oh, oh, lookie,

my icon gets more hits than yours does.. he MUST be better!

Ye gawds...

Must have control. MUST have CONTROL!!!

What can I do to get back the power and glory I once had...

Oh, heck lets just say they can't even decide to talk with me,

that's a real slap at them...

Pathetic.

Edited by animatic

OMG. Jingthing, you are such a mouth when it comes to Thai politics. Are you a failed Tory?

At the end of the day all your pontification and mouthing off on a forum will not change how the THAI people think.

Say what you want but history records that taksin was elected by the thai people 3 times.

He won 3 consecutive general elections.

That puts him up there with the likes of thatcher and blair, hat-trick heroes.

History also records that Abisit is the installed pawn of a military coup, and junta appointed judiciary.

Fact is, poor abi doesn't run the show: even the slightest whif of him thinking about an election would bring him a fate worse than Sondi's.