Traditional British Sunday Roast Lunch

MagnumForce

And the point is?

(pot, black , casting stones, high horses.. etc)

Typical KHunt remark :D

I got it from you!! Search on TV is great.

Just found it..

QUOTE (Ulysses G. @ 2008-02-04 10:06:42) 

Thank you for sharing your boring opinion. 

QUOTE (Maejo Man @  2008-02-05 10:26:55) 

Pot, Kettle and Black are three words that spring to mind  :)

http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/I-ve-Discove...5&p=1799578

That means you're a KHunt too, surely? We do have something in common after all. Tiger tiger bar, later?

Edited by KevinHunt

What about..

'As a pub, the Red Lion is an abject failure', that was a good one.

The full quote is here....

http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/Red-Lion-Mal...&hl=malleys

That thread was a great one, the War and Peace of the CM Forum :)

I liked it too, except for the personal statements about the staff at O'Malley's - OTT and somewhat lacking in style or sensitivity, I thought. Some of them came from people who would outshine you as far as qualifications go!!  But to be fair, I blame the parents.

All good fun, nonetheless. Newbies should take a look at a little slice of Chiang Mai ThaiVisa history. 

http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/Red-Lion-Malleys-t72001.html

Must give Sunday roast a try. Haven't had one in years.

Edited by KevinHunt

Only say it as I find it. I am fully qualified to make these judgements.

Let me say this to you, that there are people here that well outshine you as far as qualifications go, yet we do not castigate other establishments with the likes of "it looked like a hospital canteen so we didn't get past the door"

As I said previously, you'll get on like a house on fire here. Maybe your City and Guilds worked well in Bethnel Green or Hackney Wick, but just doesn't seem to cut it here. :)

Perhaps the proprietors of these eating places should take advice from people like, Farangdanny.

And as for your quote: ‘you'll get on like a house on fire here’, seems to display an arrogant attitude. Maybe you have shares in those lock ups.

These places have no character or charm about them. They seem to be typical examples of Farangs trying to do business on low budgets in order to sustain income to survive here in Thailand.

No difference to when poor Thai people sell noodles within their home to supplement their income.

Thankfully there is still a lot of choice of restaurants in Chiang Mai. For example in my opinion the Red Lion is probably one of the best Farang restaurants in Chiang Mai, although more expensive than the lock ups, one only gets what they pay for and unless I am unlucky and hit on hard times, I’ll stick to real restaurants like the Red Lion, Irish Pub, Charlie’s fish & chips and a couple of the German restaurants that have names I cant pronounce.

Only say it as I find it. I am fully qualified to make these judgements.

Let me say this to you, that there are people here that well outshine you as far as qualifications go, yet we do not castigate other establishments with the likes of "it looked like a hospital canteen so we didn't get past the door"

As I said previously, you'll get on like a house on fire here. Maybe your City and Guilds worked well in Bethnel Green or Hackney Wick, but just doesn't seem to cut it here. :)

Perhaps the proprietors of these eating places should take advice from people like, Farangdanny.

And as for your quote: 'you'll get on like a house on fire here', seems to display an arrogant attitude. Maybe you have shares in those lock ups.

These places have no character or charm about them. They seem to be typical examples of Farangs trying to do business on low budgets in order to sustain income to survive here in Thailand.

No difference to when poor Thai people sell noodles within their home to supplement their income.

Thankfully there is still a lot of choice of restaurants in Chiang Mai. For example in my opinion the Red Lion is probably one of the best Farang restaurants in Chiang Mai, although more expensive than the lock ups, one only gets what they pay for and unless I am unlucky and hit on hard times, I'll stick to real restaurants like the Red Lion, Irish Pub, Charlie's fish & chips and a couple of the German restaurants that have names I cant pronounce.

You are deliberately confusing restaurants and pubs. Don't get me wrong I enjoy pub meals but they are rarely to restaurant standard. Good atmosphere but of a different kind. Charlies is not a restaurant. It is an open area which can get quite hot. Not as much choice as say Piggys. Quality is ok but not in Piggy's league. Neither are restaurants, but Piggys does not claim to be. From your post it seems Charlies does. None does a Sunday roast.

Why are you knocking one particular restaurant which you have by your own admission never eaten in because it lloks like a lock-up. I think we all know the answer but can you come clean?

Edited by caf

You might want to take a look before you talk about "Farangs trying to do business" as the chap is actually a Thai national with his young family and just so happens can cook good food too.

Enough said!

You might want to take a look before you talk about "Farangs trying to do business" as the chap is actually a Thai national with his young family and just so happens can cook good food too.

Enough said!

I'm getting confused here . Are you still talking about Tiger Tiger? Magnumforce (he started this topic)  said "the manager/owner is English." ?

Enough said!

I'm getting confused here . Are you still talking about Tiger Tiger? Magnumforce (he started this topic) said "the manager/owner is English." ?

Magnumforce doesn't know the difference between Ireland and Northern Ireland, ha ha. The guy has lived in England yes, but he is a fully fledged Thai national.

Magnumforce doesn't know the difference between Ireland and Northern Ireland, ha ha. The guy has lived in England yes, but he is a fully fledged Thai national.

Um, As per my earlier post - is this place connected with the "Tiger Tiger "chain in UK, or have they just borrowed the name (and logo :) )?

Um, As per my earlier post - is this place connected with the "Tiger Tiger "chain in UK, or have they just borrowed the name (and logo :D )?

Check it out and come to you conclusions! :)

Um, As per my earlier post - is this place connected with the "Tiger Tiger "chain in UK, or have they just borrowed the name (and logo :) )?

Not sure Paagai. Never been to Tiger Tiger in the UK. The manager's daughter's name seems to be Tiger and since there's already a Tiger bar in CM maybe they decided to double it to avoid confusion/problems. Nice place though.

Enough said!

I'm getting confused here . Are you still talking about Tiger Tiger? Magnumforce (he started this topic) said "the manager/owner is English." ?

I'm confused too! :D If he's Thai, he must've lived in England for a long time 'cos he speaks perfect English with an English accent. Having said that I don't think his nationality should matter really. I started this thread to let people know about a traditional Sunday Roast lunch that I stumbled upon if they wanted to try it. :)