Southeast Asia Forum

MisterBean

I use Thailand as my travel hub to travel throughout Asia. When I saw a post regarding Japan I replied as I will be going there shortly. I had not noticed there was a list of countries that the forum was restricted to and the thread was locked. I noticed recently that a thread regarding India was locked but a thread regarding Taiwan was left open. Currently there are two threads regarding Japan, however I don't want to waste my time responding to threads that will be locked at some time.

Is the decision to lock threads in this forum arbitrary? The reason I ask is because the thread for India was locked but at the same time the one for Taiwan which was started a few days earlier was left open. I wanted to reply to the Taiwan thread as I have travelled there. I have travelled to many countries in Asia and could offer my experiences to those traveling somewhere for the first time but I don't want to waste my time. I would also like to be able to read about the experiences of people who have travelled to countries in Asia where I would like to travel more.

I have poked around your forum quite a bit and enjoy reading it, is there another place to post on these countries that I have missed? My apologies if this is an often discussed issue. I did not do any search first to determine if this subject has come up before, as I was interested in the forum as it stands at this moment.