Rule 7.17(5)

No. It has been re hashed . It is now 2.18 (5). You now need to show income.

(5) In the case of a parent, one of parents must have an average annual income of not less than 40,000 baht per month or a money deposit of not less than 400,000 baht for expenses within a year.

My last year extention was 7.17(5) Child supporting parent

So... Just for clarification... are you say that if I had a 25 year-old Thai son, who had an Income of 100,000 Baht per month (1.2 Million a year) and I was his 75 year old Father, with no income or pension, or a pension under 40,000 Baht per month, My son could NOT sponsor/support me in my final days??? The Thai government would force us to live apart, due to my lack of income????

Is this what you are saying???

Isn't this against the basic tenant of Thai culture that The children support (take care of) their parents when they get older?

CS

My last year extention was 7.17(5) Child supporting parent

So... Just for clarification... are you say that if I had a 25 year-old Thai son, who had an Income of 100,000 Baht per month (1.2 Million a year) and I was his 75 year old Father, with no income or pension, or a pension under 40,000 Baht per month, My son could NOT sponsor/support me in my final days??? The Thai government would force us to live apart, due to my lack of income????

Is this what you are saying???

Isn't this against the basic tenant of Thai culture that The children support (take care of) their parents when they get older?

CS

What make you think that a farang parent deserve the same treatment as a Thai parent? Preposterous!