Electricity Bills

ChouDoufu

Live in new 2bdr 2-storey house, no air-con, 2 of the 4 months we've been here have been no-charge as were under the free allowance, other two only marginally above and have paid a peak of 286b for a month. We generally travel away one week in four.

Water has ranged from 85-108b per month.

Note- do not have own laundry - out-sourced!

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I stayed in a room with an ensuit when I 1st came over,3 yrs ago just a TV and fridge and was paying the same every month 1,100 for electricity. I questioned it and was shown a meter by the manager for my room. Now my wife and I have built a 4 bedroom home air conditioning throughout 2 fridges (one for beer) and everything else you can think of. Our bill is about 720 baht per month. I think if you stay in an appartment complex then the management are skimming thier share of the electricity and water costs as well.

With a 4 bedroom house with airconditioning throughout, I don't believe you saying your electric bill is about 720 baht per month.

Why lie???

He probably only has 2 waterfalls :jap:

I am living in a Condo in Chiang Mai near Super Highway, ca. 25 m2 and my first month electricity Bill was 2642 THB!! I don't use AC in a high capacity. .I already complained this to my Condo Owner and we wait and see this month.Can this be realistic? If not, can somebody advise me how I can adjust this?

Thanks,

I lived in a place near the Superhighway as well, not a condo but a down market service apt/hotel. They have the key boxes for the rooms in switching the electricity on and off. Anyways my electric bill was about 1800-1900 bt the first month. I wondered what the deal was but thought they might be charging me for the previous 2 months together, but no the 2nd month's charge was similarly high.

Then it occurred to me that they were playing with the meter. So, I just flipped off the power box in the unit every time I went out. My last month's charge was under 500bt.

Typically rental places seem to charge 6 per unit, but in a couple of houses I've rented (and 2 condos) they have been on the EGAT meters and for many months I've been under the 90 units (0r whatever it is) that is free (thanks to the old PPP free electricity policy put in place 3-4 years back for low energy users). At most, if I go over the free limit (with air-con, fridge, tv, pc) I spend 500 bt a month.