09.09.09.09.09 Are These Numbers Signifiant To Phuket.

sportsman69

It will be another 100 years before they line up again.

At 9 seconds past 9am tomorrow on the 9th day of the 9th month and the 9th year of this century, we will know what time it is and (hopefully) what is happening in our surroundings.

Does anyone out there know what happened in Phuket, or for that matter the rest of Thailand, at this same time 100 or even 200 years ago.

I'm sure jet ski scams weren't part of the local economy nor the other inane situations that exist today.

Interestingly enough our revered monk Luang Pu Supha was 13 yrs old at that time if his paperwork is in order.

Really, It would be interesting to hear his comments on what it was like here 100 years ago. Any budding reporters out there?

Anyways here's to the next hundred. :)

Tuesday, September 8, 2009

Phuket prepares for lucky number nine

PHUKET: Tomorrow – the ninth day of the ninth month of the year 2009 – is considered a highly auspicious day by Thais.

In Phuket, Governor Wichai Phraisa-ngop will preside over a ceremony attended by his deputies and other government officials at Phuket Community Hall to mark the special date.

A large number of couples will also register marriages at Phuket's registry offices as the registration will feature the auspicious 09/09/09 date.

Starting at 9.09am, every government office in Thailand will hold a ceremony in honor of His Majesty King Bhumibol Adulyadej's 82nd birthday on December 5.

King Bhumibol is the ninth monarch of the Chakri dynasty. spacer.gif– Gazette Reporters

pglogo.jpg

-- Phuket Gazette 2009-09-08

Next year ?? 10:10 on 10/10/10

I beg your pardon Sir.

The numerical series 10.10.10.10.10. is not the same as 09.09.09.09.09. which will not appear as a date in time for another 100 years.

To prove the point, drop by with any number of dollars multiplied by 10 and I'll give you an equal amount of dollars multiplied by 9. :)

I beg your pardon Sir.

The numerical series 10.10.10.10.10. is not the same as 09.09.09.09.09. which will not appear as a date in time for another 100 years.

To prove the point, drop by with any number of dollars multiplied by 10 and I'll give you an equal amount of dollars multiplied by 9. :)

10 of your AUD for 9 USD? :D

I beg your pardon Sir.

Exactly! Talk about missing the point!

Phuket parents make the most of lucky number nine

PHUKET: Many Phuket couples tied the knot yesterday in wedding ceremonies specially arranged to take place on the auspicious date 09/09/09. Many expectant mothers also considered it fortunate to give birth on the day considered especially lucky by Thais.

Seventeen Thai women and one Burmese gave birth at Vachira Phuket Hospital yesterday, ten of them naturally, the rest by Cesarean section.

Several of the new mothers who went under the knife for delivery had requested early births to coincide with the ninth day of the ninth month.

Of the 18 births, 11 of the babies were girls.

pglogo.jpg

-- Phuket Gazette 10/09/09