Ballot Boxing

webfact

And PTP even beat up THEIR OWN for having the temerity of

asking for 'promised campaign funds'; due win or lose.

Or is it PTP policy: 'Win or you get nothing.'

Reminds me of Brick Top from Snatch: "When I throw a dog a bone, I don't want to know if it tastes good or not."

that is a brilliant movie! Lets go back to work...

oh no! now I know where thaksin got his idea to go for diamonds :D Wonder if he got the idea of feeding his enemies to (the) pigs from this movie aswell :)

Edited by noithip

bonus question just for you. What is the reason behind that a by-election was hold in Surat Thani? Why the seat for the MP, the representative of constituency Surat Thani became vacant? Who is the the Ex-MP and who is the new elected MP?

i guess you don't know that. anyone else, who knows it without looking up for it?

Suthep resigned as MP after the EC put him on the list of people who hold shares in state concessionaires, "True" in his case.

The by-election was to fill that empty seat and Democrats put his relative in the race. Don't remember if it's a brother or brother in law.

cool, you know it.

Suthep was found guilty of breaching the Constitution. He resign from his MP seat but not from his ministerial post as deputy prime minister in charge of national security. i guess he likes that job too much.

And true a relative won then the by-election and will take over his MP chiar in the parliament, his brother Thani Thaugsuban.

Sutheps brother in law is also in politics, on top position, it is nobody else than the Secretary general to the prime minister Nipon Prompan.

"Actor Methee Amornwuthikul swings wild punches", um, yeah, like a little girl. He should take fight acting lessons. He sucker punched a defenseless old man and did nothing more than scratched his head. :D

I wonder what would have happened if the old man actually knew how to fight as started fighting back. Now that would have been funny. I'm sure Mr. Macho has some backup. I seriously doubt he would have thrown a punch unless he knew 100% for sure that there would be no retaliation... Pathetic Coward!

He'll get off without his due jail time, he's a pretty boy and he's got money. :)

I think Methee just punched his fellow red in the name of true democracy, freedom of speech, rule of law and simple decency. Either that or it was not really him. Truth Today folks might later reval that the whole thing was just staged by the PAD+Dems+Blue shirts+the eilte+the invisible hand! :)

Yeah, it was just a cardboard cutout planted by the Dems., who of course organized a 'rent a crowd' mob and paid all expenses for the press to be there at the time.

Suthep was found guilty of breaching the Constitution.

So what would be best then is to get rid of this nasty military constitution change to the one of 97, and if that doesn't work just bribe the judges, right? :)

mhm, did i say something like that? what Suthep did was to stay as deputy prime minister, resign only as MP and the democrat nominate his brother as candidate in that by-election. he won in a landslide, no surprise, a democrat stronghold. that the old/ex - representative and brother of the new candidate was found guilty of violation of the Constitution, didn't matter for the voter in that democrat stronghold. Why should it, you can not blame him for what his brother had done, right? that would be kin liability or blood guilt.

bonus question just for you. What is the reason behind that a by-election was hold in Surat Thani? Why the seat for the MP, the representative of constituency Surat Thani became vacant? Who is the the Ex-MP and who is the new elected MP?

i guess you don't know that. anyone else, who knows it without looking up for it?

Suthep resigned as MP after the EC put him on the list of people who hold shares in state concessionaires, "True" in his case.

The by-election was to fill that empty seat and Democrats put his relative in the race. Don't remember if it's a brother or brother in law.

:)

mhm, did i say something like that? what Suthep did was to stay as deputy prime minister, resign only as MP and the democrat nominate his brother as candidate in that by-election. he won in a landslide, no surprise, a democrat stronghold. that the old/ex - representative and brother of the new candidate was found guilty of violation of the Constitution, didn't matter for the voter in that democrat stronghold. Why should it, you can not blame him for what his brother had done, right? that would be kin liability or blood guilt.

And your point is? Just further proof that traditionally Thais have continued to vote for the same politicians, or their families, in every election, despite what party or coalition they happen to be a member of at the time. A fact Thaksin exploited when he bought up most of the ruling politicians in the Northeast. They were voted for before they joined the TRT, they were voted for after they joined the TRT, some continue to be voted for as members of the PTP, some continue to be voted for as members of the BhumiThai. They will all continue to be voted for in whatever party they next decide to join. Thaksin's role in it all is irrelevant, a fact his supporters fail to realise. I suspect he realises it all to well though, hence his continual bleatings to ensure he's not forgotten.

They could do that or they could posibly be trying to find the instances where the PAD or the Dems fought one of their own. And they'd say "Hey, everyone is corrupt!"...err I mean "everyone is a thug..so there's nothing's wrong with that!" I doubt that they would find any though. :)

nah. i am not argue as you suggest.

more of the TRT/PPP/PTP violence from the past... May 9, 2008

Karun guilty of brawl in Parliament; House to deliberate on punishment

People Power Party MP Karun Hosakul has been found guilty of physical and verbal attacks against Democrat MP Sompong Kiartpaibul inside Parliament on April 2, the House fact-finding report said in its conclusion Friday.

MP Vichet Panvichartkul said the report will be forwarded for the House deliberation on punishment.

"The fact-finding panel reached an unanimous decision to conclude that Karun assualted Somkiart," Vichet said.

Suthep was found guilty of breaching the Constitution.

Hold your horses.

EC found he had shares he wasn't supposed to have, he hasn't been found guilty of anything yet. You could say that after the court ruling.

Regardless, the punishment is resignation from parliament, and he had done that already.

cool, you know it.

Suthep was found guilty of breaching the Constitution. He resign from his MP seat but not from his ministerial post as deputy prime minister in charge of national security. i guess he likes that job too much.

And true a relative won then the by-election and will take over his MP chiar in the parliament, his brother Thani Thaugsuban.

Sutheps brother in law is also in politics, on top position, it is nobody else than the Secretary general to the prime minister Nipon Prompan.

Not found guilty, but enough evidence wastheoretically found to present to the court.

Suthep resigned immediately so as not to prolong the distraction for the country

and from his jon as Deputy PM. Which doesn't require MP status.

He has not been convicted in a court.

Nor have the other MP's found to have similar conflicts.

Not a single conviction, the others are, properly, awaiting their day in court.

In contrast to EVERY TRT PPP PTP MP or cabinet minister hanging on till forced out.

Even after court's convict they try to stay in the seat till carried out kicking and screaming,

then accuse the court of bias.

Edited by animatic

Well hopefully his acting career is over as of today. I wonder how hard this soap opera man will be in jail?

It will probably help his falling acting career.

He'll probably now be in-demand more than ever for "tough guy" roles. :)

Most likely he will end up as a comedian after proving that he can deliver great "punchlines"

Hello, it looks like someone got a lot of advertising and self-serving photo opportunities as he knew the media would be there and get their cameras ready when the shouting began. Any news is good for the famous or want-to-be heroes, and this looks like it was staged as he does not know how to physically hurt anyone.

"Actor Methee Amornwuthikul swings wild punches", um, yeah, like a little girl. He should take fight acting lessons. He sucker punched a defenseless old man and did nothing more than scratched his head. :D

I wonder what would have happened if the old man actually knew how to fight as started fighting back. Now that would have been funny. I'm sure Mr. Macho has some backup. I seriously doubt he would have thrown a punch unless he knew 100% for sure that there would be no retaliation... Pathetic Coward!

He'll get off without his due jail time, he's a pretty boy and he's got money. :)

like I said, he actually is a former boxing champ; I suspect he wasn't trying to hard; more likely he was told to lay into the guy a bit by someone above him holding the purse strings.

After the interviews yesterday, quite clear that this was a party decision and he has the backing of someone, possibly a friend (one of the banned MPs perhaps, I am guessing based on perhaps one currently in semi exile due to the Samut Prakan corruption case Wor Or to use the local palance) who will ensure that the charges are dropped by the complainant and under Thai law, typically the police will never persue a case unless there is a complaint. That's the benefit of being on the PTP payroll as an employee posing as a keen supporter.

It will never go to court, it will be settled and presumably the guy will get some payment; however this message has now been sent clearly to all canvassers (read - the men who run around bribing villagers with 200b per person to vote) not to screw up and to deliver as asked. There was some serious cash being chucked around the province apparently; some of the PTP faithful actually believed they had a shot especially given the swings in the prior bielections. However, one might think that Thaksin would have been better to use his previous approach and just buy the entire family stronghold by the leaders, rather than trying to win in the polls. As occurred previously with the Chidchobs, Khunpleums et al. That strategy now seems somewhat closed off to them I suppose.

As for Suthep and politcal nepotism; the learned Rumfoord would do well to tell us about the fresh 'kit mai tum mai' nature of the PTP candidate.... any connection to political families or banned parliamentarians there? Nah, it could not be!

like I said, he actually is a former boxing champ; I suspect he wasn't trying to hard; more likely he was told to lay into the guy a bit by someone above him holding the purse strings.

After the interviews yesterday, quite clear that this was a party decision and he has the backing of someone, possibly a friend (one of the banned MPs perhaps, I am guessing based on perhaps one currently in semi exile due to the Samut Prakan corruption case Wor Or to use the local palance) who will ensure that the charges are dropped by the complainant and under Thai law, typically the police will never persue a case unless there is a complaint. That's the benefit of being on the PTP payroll as an employee posing as a keen supporter.

It will never go to court, it will be settled and presumably the guy will get some payment; however this message has now been sent clearly to all canvassers (read - the men who run around bribing villagers with 200b per person to vote) not to screw up and to deliver as asked. There was some serious cash being chucked around the province apparently; some of the PTP faithful actually believed they had a shot especially given the swings in the prior bielections. However, one might think that Thaksin would have been better to use his previous approach and just buy the entire family stronghold by the leaders, rather than trying to win in the polls. As occurred previously with the Chidchobs, Khunpleums et al. That strategy now seems somewhat closed off to them I suppose.

As for Suthep and politcal nepotism; the learned Rumfoord would do well to tell us about the fresh 'kit mai tum mai' nature of the PTP candidate.... any connection to political families or banned parliamentarians there? Nah, it could not be!

Steve, excellent and very informed post as usual.

Always a pleasure to read your stuff.

Steve, excellent and very informed post as usual.

Always a pleasure to read your stuff.

Always willing to offer my own observations; shortly you can expect perhaps Jayboy et al to wade in and claim that this post says more about me that anything I could ever write, or something similar.

I tend to only comment on issues where i have personal connections with the people involved; I strongly believe this was not some guy losing his temper without provocation; this was meant to send a signal to canvassers not to goof around or expect to get paid when they don't perform.

Apparently he is being lauded by the PTP now as the 'kind of guy' they want in their party; tough and takes no crap - the jao por I'll sort things out bravado that some of the other popular rougues seemed to possess.