Insurance Company Recommendations - Thai Or Foreign

mja1906

I'm a 29yr old UK national, seeking health and accident insurance. I've read a few posts about Foreign Insurance Co.s being easier to deal with than Thai ones in case of emergency etc. Any recommendations for such companies? I'm flexible though, am open to Thai companies as well all depends on value for money etc. I'm restricted to an annual budget of around 10k for this though.

Another point, is that I got a quote from an agent from Thai Life (which is a big company but I live in a small town), and the only quote they could give me was all in Thai so then between my basic Thai and her basic English I had to make sense of it all. Obviously not the best way to do things, has anyone else had this problem too? Was wondering if there was any way to get quotes in English? Does it depend on the company? or the agent? Thanks.

An Important point you made was for the ability of the Broker to speak English. Thai Insurance has native English speakers so there will not be a problem for language.

It sounds as if you have been attempting to go direct to Insurance companies – not a good idea. May we suggest you should always use the service of a Broker as A) they deal with all the insurance companies and so can get you the best policy/premium to suit you and :) should there be a dispute, then you have someone on your side ? Something not understood at times is the services of the Broker is FREE for the customer i.e. you pay no more than going direct !

You say you have heard foreign companies are easier to deal with – interesting. In our experience, as one of Thailand's largest Brokers, this is not quite true. We have more trouble trying to help customers with foreign companies than the local companies.

As a member, the easy way around all this is to use Thai Visa Brokers. Please go Here