Radio Controlled Aircraft Flying Fields

T_Dog

I like to fly RC Aircraft and am looking for new places to fly. Found one out on HWY 121 called Charlie's Top Gun field and was wondering if anyone has any experience there, or if there are other fields around. All help appreciated.

There's quite a large black top RC airfield just south of Nok airfield/Lanna air park in Ban Thi but I don't have any info about it.

I fell onto one last week. It's located opposite the 700 Year Stadium entrance. Its a small dirt entrance and opens up to reveal a nice field with a 1/2 KM dirt landing strip. About 5 Thai guys were flying there. Fixed wing and Helos. Nice guys so no problem and its free.

There's quite a large black top RC airfield just south of Nok airfield/Lanna air park in Ban Thi but I don't have any info about it.

Not easy to find because it's in a huge abandoned moobaan project (Except for a derelicting big administration building almost no houses but paved roads). The easiest way to describe how to go there is using coordinates:

At 18° 40' 25.8" N, 99° 05' 57.7" E you enter the moobaan through an archway. You follow the road eastwards until you reach the big building. Turn south (paved road). Turn left into the 3rd little "Soi" (unpaved) and follow to its end. You see a roofed building, the "club house", runway in front. Here you are: 18° 40' 03.4" N, 99° 06'35.3 E.

Sorry - don't know how to describe it better. Use GPS or Google Earth/Maps or a digital map as the famous MAP MAGIC Chiang Mai from thinknet (available in every bookstore for 299 THB).

Have fun! (Best day is Sunday but on Sunday no "Copters". People - incl. some expats - are friendly and helpful, especially "Loong Toob" [engl. pronounced], he speaks English.)

Not easy to find because it's in a huge abandoned moobaan project (Except for a derelicting big administration building almost no houses but paved roads). The easiest way to describe how to go there is using coordinates:

At 18° 40' 25.8" N, 99° 05' 57.7" E you enter the moobaan through an archway. You follow the road eastwards until you reach the big building. Turn south (paved road). Turn left into the 3rd little "Soi" (unpaved) and follow to its end. You see a roofed building, the "club house", runway in front. Here you are: 18° 40' 03.4" N, 99° 06'35.3 E.

Sorry - don't know how to describe it better. Use GPS or Google Earth/Maps or a digital map as the famous MAP MAGIC Chiang Mai from thinknet (available in every bookstore for 299 THB).

Have fun! (Best day is Sunday but on Sunday no "Copters". People - incl. some expats - are friendly and helpful, especially "Loong Toob" [engl. pronounced], he speaks English.)

Rebo and Cloudhopper... Thanks for that, although that is where I normally have been flying. Problem these days being the new bridge being constructed just beyond the arches, and then the flooding on the access road right after that. (It was ten inches deep last time through there.) I love flying out there... very nice and quiet. Had to do a few go-arounds two weeks ago due to cows on the runway.

Do either of you guys know about the field down toward San Patong? It was featured in a magazine two years ago but I have yet to find it.