3d Cinema - Kad Seun Kaew

mallmagician

I was at Central Kad Seun Kaew yesterday, and I saw a poster(Free-Standing cardboard stand) for the cinema there for the movie G-Force.

I saw the big number 3 followed by a couple of thai characters. I asked my wife what it said, and she explained its the 3D where you need the glasses.

So, my question is this (loosely related to the New Avatar movie coming in a couple of months):-

Is this a case of them simply not removing the removable 3d sticker off the Poster?

or

They have, or are going to spend the dosh to upgrade the screen/projector to show polarised 3D

or

Are they releasing it in 3D Anaglyph format (with the red/blue or newer Pink/Green glasses.

Any ideas? No-one was there for us to ask at the time unfortunately.

Thanks

Phil

Just answered my own question.

Apparantly Screen 3 at the Airport Plaza Major Cineplex is in 3d now!

A quote from thomat Chiang Mai Film Blog:-

The Final Destination 4 (in Digital 3D) (18+)

82 mins (English/ Thai subtitles)

US, Horror/ Thriller – Another film I found truly repulsive and offensive. After a teen's premonition of a deadly race-car crash helps saves the lives of his peers, Death sets out to collect those who evaded his plans. It’s in the new Major Cineplex digital 3D cinema system here, in Cinema 3.The price of regular seats has been raised from 120 baht to 200 baht for the added dimension! But you get your money’s worth with this one: It contains 11 truly ugly and grotesque death scenes, the most of any film in the series! Rated R in the US for strong violent/gruesome accidents, language, and a scene of sexuality. In Thailand it’s rated “18+.” Generally unfavorable reviews: 30/30 out of 100.

11:25| 13:25| 15:25| 17:25| 19:25| 21:30|

And also a quote from Chiang Mai Mail Vol.VIII No.36:-

The Final Destination 4: US, Horror/ Thriller – Officially inaugurates the new digital 3D cinema system here at Major Cineplex. After a teen’s premonition of a deadly race-car crash helps save the lives of some of his peers, Death sets out to collect those who evaded his plans.

Note that the price of regular seats has been raised from 120 baht to 200 baht for the added dimension.

So, that is great news for all of us movie fans that are looking forward to the much hyped "game-changer" Avatar!

Phil