Jet Ski Problem

ESB7

Just caught the back end of a Channel 3 news report about a foreigner being threatened with a gun by a jet ski operator I think in Katu....the police have now arrested the jet ski guy, my Thai is far from perfect and only caught the end of the report.....I think this happened a few months ago but cant find anything...I found the report rather disturbing but is anyone aware of this incident that could fill me in

Just caught the back end of a Channel 3 news report about a foreigner being threatened with a gun by a jet ski operator I think in Katu....the police have now arrested the jet ski guy, my Thai is far from perfect and only caught the end of the report.....I think this happened a few months ago but cant find anything...I found the report rather disturbing but is anyone aware of this incident that could fill me in

Hi, it may be the guy who was on the documentary 'Big Trouble in Thailand' that is being screened on Bravo at the moment. He threatened some British Marines with a rifle when they refused to pay 4500BHT for damage to one of his Jet Ski's. Go onto YouTube and search Big Trouble in Thailand and you can see the full length first episode....very entertaining, even if this isn't the guy you want to know about in your post....

Unbelievabuen....

Check the other threads... There have been quite a few running on this topic.

The news you saw was most likely related to JJ jet ski scam artist and his filmed conning of some British Royal Marines.

There has been much news on this subject ranging from a recently aired TV show in the UK, to meetings with the jet ski operators (scam artists) regarding insuring their jet ski's....

Ah, weeks later the authorities finally decide to do something. I'm guessing it's only because there's a loss of face for Thailand, not that this childish thug pulled a gun on a tourist! Put these guys out of business right away or expect more bad press... Phuket's police and government are pathetic when it comes to acting in a timely manner on issues like this. It's as if they're afraid to do anything.

My brother skyped me yesterday (from England) to discuss the program. His words: looks like a beautiful place but why would anybody want to visit a country where the locals treat you like that?

I wonder how much more bad press the place can take before it terminally affects the tourism industry? It seems to have been building and building for the last five years, really peaking over the last 18 months.

Edited by jasreeve17