Thaksin Awaits Miracle So He Can Return Home: Cousin

webfact

Thaksin awaits miracle so he can return home: cousin

Former supreme commander Chaiyasit Shinawatra said Saturday that former prime minister Thaksin Shinwatra is waiting for a "miracle" so that he can return home to stay with his family.

Chaiyasit, a cousin of Thaksin, said he had returned from visiting Thaksin in the United Arab of Emirates.

Chaiyasit said Thaksin was doing well and was happy with doing business with foreign businessmen.

"But he always wants to return to Thailand because he wants to be with children and [divorced] wife. He is only waiting for a miracle from the petition," Chaiyasit said.

nationlogo.jpg

-- The Nation 2009/09/12

As far as I can remember he has always been able to come back to Thailand at any time.

I also remember that he divorced his wife so why would he want to be with her.

She can always leave Thailand and join him then re-marry and their children could be there as well.

A happy family reunion.

Thaksin awaits miracle so he can return home: cousin

Chaiyasit, a cousin of Thaksin, said he had returned from visiting Thaksin in the United Arab of Emirates.

nationlogo.jpg

-- The Nation 2009/09/12

From the same general who talks of a coup and red-shirt violence and still has a passport to freely travel abroad. Amazing Thailand. :)

What does this man always make to grasp for the superstitious?

But then isn't superstition... something at least, may one call it supernatural phenomena?

So then why he doesn't put on the little red jump suit, with the blue (well he gets away with it) trimmings and the big emblem on the chest sporting the great "S"

post-28064-1252747547_thumb.jpg

...will he be back?

The clouds will part, the heavens will show a giant glowing T with a golden arrow pointing east to Thailand. Then a chariot with eight white elephants will prance down from the sky to hover in the air, just outside the picture window of his elite suite at the

Dunes Hilton, and T can put on his ruby slippers and prance through space to his plush seat on the chariot which takes him in moments to hover over Bangkok. T next descends in a pink parachute held aloft by twelve levitating devas......

Is that the sort of miracle the cousin envisions for the savior?

So Thaksin was the self described CEO Prime Minister. "Waiting for a miracle" doesn't sound like much of a plan.

It was added as #13 on the addendum list of his business plan for taking back full control of Thailand Inc.

I suppose I shouldn't laugh. There are millions of people in the developed world that believe in miracles and bow down before idols praying to these statues for miracles.

If Mr. Thaksin admits he needs a miracle then I think he just basically accepted that the likelihood of him returning as the annoited one to Thailand anytime soon is rather bleak.

Is this the equivalent of accepting defeat? Will he finally be quiet and let things calm down?

The clouds will part, the heavens will show a giant glowing T with a golden arrow pointing east to Thailand. Then a chariot with eight white elephants will prance down from the sky to hover in the air, just outside the picture window of his elite suite at the

Dunes Hilton, and T can put on his ruby slippers and prance through space to his plush seat on the chariot which takes him in moments to hover over Bangkok. T next descends in a pink parachute held aloft by twelve levitating devas......

Is that the sort of miracle the cousin envisions for the savior?

So Thaksin was the self described CEO Prime Minister. "Waiting for a miracle" doesn't sound like much of a plan.

It was added as #13 on the addendum list of his business plan for taking back full control of Thailand Inc.

"The clouds will part, the heavens will show a giant glowing T"

No that gig was done by Constantine just before Rome went Christian. :)  

Actually it's not at all certain that Thaksin's frozen assets will be confiscated after the court ruling next month. So far the AEC won two cases, but it is possible that next scheduled rubber sappling and Thaksin assets could go the other way.

1st,

they can't let the whole pile loose till ALL potentially large cases are settled.

2nd

it is about 'UNUSUAL WEALTH', where DID this money accrue from.

He is without a doubt unusually wealthy,

and his tax statements don't account for all of it by far.

3rd

even if the lions share came from Temsek, what is the origin of the REST of his money?

This is held as surety until these questions are adequately answered.

Since he refuses to allow cases to move forward, by his absence,

then this money should remain sequestered until such time as his

sources of such unusual wealth can me determined.

Deep Throat and a fine tooth comb being a starting point.

No miracle needed, just proceed to the nearest international airport, purchase a one-way ticket because that's all he will need for a few years and get on the first plane to Bkk.

Edited by Artisi

1st,

they can't let the whole pile loose till ALL potentially large cases are settled.

2nd

it is about 'UNUSUAL WEALTH', where DID this money accrue from.

He is without a doubt unusually wealthy,

and his tax statements don't account for all of it by far.

3rd

even if the lions share came from Temsek, what is the origin of the REST of his money?

This is held as surety until these questions are adequately answered.

Since he refuses to allow cases to move forward, by his absence,

then this money should remain sequestered until such time as his

sources of such unusual wealth can me determined.

Deep Throat and a fine tooth comb being a starting point.

There are many in the country whose unusual wealth is striking.Thaksin is not one of them.You may disapprove of the way Thaksin acquired his wealth but it is scarcely a mystery.Baker/Pasuk have covered this area well.

We are aware you don't like Thaksin.Few of us do. Do your homework for heaven's sake.

There are many in the country whose unusual wealth is striking.Thaksin is not one of them.

The fact that his net worth has at least tripled up while he was the PM (went from around "declared" 60 Billion Bath to at least 216 Billion=76 Billion frozen in Thailand+140 Billion frozen in the UK) is not really striking to you? :) Some people are so hard to impress these days I guess.

There are many in the country whose unusual wealth is striking.Thaksin is not one of them.

The fact that his net worth has at least tripled up while he was the PM (went from around "declared" 60 Billion Bath to at least 216 Billion=76 Billion frozen in Thailand+140 Billion frozen in the UK) is not really striking to you? :) Some people are so hard to impress these days I guess.

As a matter of interest do you have any evidence the UK has frozen Thaksin's assets?

As a matter of interest do you have any evidence the UK has frozen Thaksin's assets?

ArabianBusiness reported this on Decemeber 1, 2008.

"The UK froze his reputed $4bn of assets, forcing him to sell Manchester City to Abu Dhabi's Sheikh Mansour. To add to his troubles, his UK visa was revoked - oh, and his wife divorced him last week.”

Also if you had noticed, you would have seen that 216 Billion didn't include the money he's been using to bribe several countries so he could have a place to cover his head, live a luxurious life (private island + house in HK + hotel suites + travels on private jest), continue to "support" the poor Isan/Nothern people + phone-in fees :D , fund his sport interest (Man City), fund his PR campaign (satellite tv stations+papers+magazine), fund his political friends + parties (one dissolved after another)...etc etc.

:D

Exactly.

Though I can't nor won't speak to the UK funds issue.

In any case he clearly has funds way beyond declared,

and based on Thai law, that is valid reason for investigation.

There ARE many with great wealth and not all legally gained no doubt.

But vs Thaksin much more discretely gained. He has done it so big,

in such a short period of time, that it does open him up for scrutiny.

Others have done it, so excuse him is not a valid defense of sloth in investigating.

I don't hate Thaksin,

but I don't want him EVER to even slightly control the country again.

And his grand piles of questionably acquired wealth has been his tool for controlling the country.

Edited by animatic

I am sooooo appreciative of the military booting out T.

If that hadn't have happened, T would still be in power and his ill-begotten amassment of wealth would be astronomical - mostly via clandestine off-the-books wheeling and dealing. The biggest losers would be the Thai people, particularly the poor who couldn't be expected to see the wealth of Thailand slowly siphoned off in to one family's pockets - and conveniently socked away in overseas numbered accounts and west African diamond mines, opulent mansions in faraway countries, and who knows what else.

ArabianBusiness reported this on Decemeber 1, 2008.

"The UK froze his reputed $4bn of assets, forcing him to sell Manchester City to Abu Dhabi's Sheikh Mansour. To add to his troubles, his UK visa was revoked - oh, and his wife divorced him last week."

In other words you have no evidence at all apart from hearsay from "ArabianBusiness".As a matter of fact, all this was discussed on various forums last December and while gaining sume currency at the time is now regarded as complete nonsense.Only the most gullible,ignorant or dishonest peddle theat line now now, and I note that Animatic sensibly distanced himself from this canard.I also believe Arabian Business issued an apology to the effect that what they meant was that Thaksin had been denied a UK visa and thus was compelled to sell his Man City investment.(I'm not sure this is really quite right).

Point is that by including this lie in your post you bring everything else you say into doubt.I'm not accusing you of dishonesty:it may be simple ignorance.

his thug family and co. wanted another coup so thaksin can get his money back and all the cases in court against squire face be dismissed. His wife divorced him because it is a plan to get money back and used her old maiden names to do evil deeds/stay low on the rader

Edited by majorpacman

Re. UK funds freeze - Bangkok pundit e-mailed the arabian editor and got a standard "we can't confirm anything and would rather say we were wrong" reply. The story wasn't officially withdrawn, btw.

A few weeks later Thanong from the Nation wrote a very long article detailing Thaksin's money movements that went far beyond that one line from Arabian News.

Thanong didn't disclose his sources, but he's got extensive contacts in money circles, there's no reason to dismiss his theory as completely groundless.

The money wasn't frozen in the UK, those funds were kept in Swiss banks, acc. to Thanong, and there was a news in European media about Thaksin blowing his fuse off at some Swiss bankers.

Re. UK funds freeze - Bangkok pundit e-mailed the arabian editor and got a standard "we can't confirm anything and would rather say we were wrong" reply. The story wasn't officially withdrawn, btw.

A few weeks later Thanong from the Nation wrote a very long article detailing Thaksin's money movements that went far beyond that one line from Arabian News.

Thanong didn't disclose his sources, but he's got extensive contacts in money circles, there's no reason to dismiss his theory as completely groundless.

The money wasn't frozen in the UK, those funds were kept in Swiss banks, acc. to Thanong, and there was a news in European media about Thaksin blowing his fuse off at some Swiss bankers.

I've looked at the Arabian Business response to Bangkok Pundit, and it looks like a complete withdrawal to me.No other news outlet has published it.There's also the suggestion in BP that the Dubai based Arabian Business is a dodgy outfit barely tolerated locally and run by spivvy British Indians.No idea about that and don't much care.

Reality check: Thanong is a widely acknowleged joke and disgrace as a journalist and I don't know anyone who takes him seriously.Find a reputable source if you continue this line, although thanks for the laugh about "his extensive contacts in money circles".

Don't know about the Swiss angle.Any evidence?

As far as I can remember he has always been able to come back to Thailand at any time.

I also remember that he divorced his wife so why would he want to be with her.

She can always leave Thailand and join him then re-marry and their children could be there as well.

A happy family reunion.

QUOTE from above:

".....She can always leave Thailand and join him .................."

My understanding is that her passport was consifsacted when she returned last time because her appeal to her 2 year convivtion for tax fraud is still in process, and she therefore by law cannot leave the country.