Do The Thais Use Grout Sealer Or Just Put In The Grout And Call It A Day?

They put grout in , I have layed tiles on the floor , but used cement to lay them on, then grout later. any tile merchant will have grout.

Not grout. I'm looking to see if they add grout sealer. The two are not the same.

I haven't really seen any grout sealers (especially in the country side) but perhaps in Bangkok at a Home Pro type hardware store.

I think the replacement of grout in the event it comes soiled, moldy or cracked is far cheaper than the price of the Sealant. I recently bought some liquid sealant for some 'futura rock' sidewalk work done at my house and the can (about 1.0 litre) cost 1000 baht, whereas the work for the futura rock was 80 baht per sq.metre.

Tokay: There are many brands of tile grout sealer sold all over Thailand: I priced imported Aqua Mix from USA sold at Home Pro, HG (Hagesan) from the Netherlands, sold at many "modern trade" stores plus two local and less expensive brands "PSK" DIAMOND STONE and locally made WEBER "UPC code 8855401006715 "Liquid to reinforce protection of cementitious grouts against stain and grease". My wife and a sister in law applied it on the grout in the bathrooms and kitchens with very small paint brushes. You do NOT want this applied to any ceramic tile, ONLY the grout, I know from a "lost in translation" small error.

In 17 months of use there has been zero mold even trying to form on any tile grout in the kitchens or bathrooms. The Weber and Diamond Stone are easy to purchase, even "Up Country" since both of those brands have a very wide dealer network. No import duties, no importer mark up on PSK Diamond Stone or Weber products. In fact both companies have brochures at most dealers in English and they both have staff in Bangkok who understand and speak English. The Weber and Diamond stone are very inexpensive, easy to use and I can recommend them both. We used the Weber primarily for grout and we used a Diamond Stone product to coat and seal the granite counters in our home. We coated the Kera Pool tile and grout (I do not recommend coating shower tile) prior to filling the pool with water.

post-20604-1252833461_thumb.jpg

post-20604-1252833562_thumb.jpg

post-20604-1252833600_thumb.jpg

post-20604-1252833648_thumb.jpg

Tokay: There are many brands of tile grout sealer sold all over Thailand: I priced imported Aqua Mix from USA sold at Home Pro, HG (Hagesan) from the Netherlands, sold at many "modern trade" stores plus two local and less expensive brands "PSK" DIAMOND STONE and locally made WEBER "UPC code 8855401006715 "Liquid to reinforce protection of cementitious grouts against stain and grease". My wife and a sister in law applied it on the grout in the bathrooms and kitchens with very small paint brushes. You do NOT want this applied to any ceramic tile, ONLY the grout, I know from a "lost in translation" small error.

In 17 months of use there has been zero mold even trying to form on any tile grout in the kitchens or bathrooms. The Weber and Diamond Stone are easy to purchase, even "Up Country" since both of those brands have a very wide dealer network. No import duties, no importer mark up on PSK Diamond Stone or Weber products. In fact both companies have brochures at most dealers in English and they both have staff in Bangkok who understand and speak English. The Weber and Diamond stone are very inexpensive, easy to use and I can recommend them both. We used the Weber primarily for grout and we used a Diamond Stone product to coat and seal the granite counters in our home. We coated the Kera Pool tile and grout (I do not recommend coating shower tile) prior to filling the pool with water.

Excellent information. Thank you. :)

You don't have to have a sealer in the grout. You can just use a cement bonding agent if you want. It's funny here in Aus, you can go to bunnings (quite large hardware chain in Aus) and they have "grout sealer". The price is ridiculous and it is basicly just watered down PVA glue. If you walk on a few more aisles you will find cement bonding agents. Cemstick, gripcrete, theyre all basicly PVA glue, unwatered down and at a fraction of the cost of the specific grout sealer.